Wooo Hoooo doin my Happy Dance !!

bidtrips

A few weeks after final payment our Alaska CruiseTour dropped about $1,900. for two Ok so I have to re-book. Not a problem.... net savings over $1,400.. after loss of 3 For Free.

Thank you CruiseCritic members, I never would have know to keep checking without your great advice.

A few weeks after final payment our Alaska CruiseTour dropped about $1,900. for two Ok so I have to re-book. Not a problem.... net savings over $1,400.. after loss of 3 For Free.

Thank you CruiseCritic members, I never would have know to keep checking without your great advice.

If this was after the final payment date you cannot re-book and take advantage. If you paid, but are still before final payment date you can re-book and take advantage. Something does not seem quite right about your posting.

Curious as to how you can cancel a cruise after final payment & rebook without loosing any money?

Tom🤔

Curious as to how you can cancel a cruise after final payment & rebook without loosing any money?

We just had this discussion on another thread. If you cancel within 18 days after final payment date you only lose the deposit, which can be as little as $100. After that it slides upward until two weeks before departure, at which point it's 100%.

We just had this discussion on another thread. If you cancel within 18 days after final payment date you only lose the deposit, which can be as little as $100. After that it slides upward until two weeks before departure, at which point it's 100%.

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing that info, because I have always heard/read that doing that was not possible without losing everything one had paid.

Thanks! Good info to have.

Tom🤔

We lost our $100 deposit, our 3 for Free ( which really was only the Gratuities of about $90.) and $75 each OBC.

But the trip was priced about $1000 each less. so after our losses we netted about $1400 credit back to our credit card, they just transferred the amount paid to the new booking.

I only knew to keep checking because of info I learned here.. That was my only reason for posting....to let others know....KEEP CHECKING

To anyone who doubts that I was able to do this..... don't bother checking on your own trip. ;)