Are we not allowed to bring empty reusable water bottles?

gardn198

I'm planning a bachelorette party and wanted to have some cute waterbottles made for the trip to take to shore and stuff. Is this not allowed? I know disposable water bottles are not, but what about the kind you can reuse and walk around the ship with?

We used our Yeti tumblers without issues. I don't think they have restrictions about empty drinking bottles, I believe it's more a focus on bringing unauthorized liquids.

Have had the pleasure to enjoy:

Carnival Celebration 07

Carnival Victory 16

Carnival Valor 17

Yeah, we brought the sport bottle kind. Maybe 10" tall or so, have a folding sip spout and a finger grip handle on the lid. We filled them with our favorite free drink and carried them around a lot. We never took them off the ship with us, though. If you do, I'd imagine the crew would want to have a look/smell inside when you come back on board to make sure you don't have alcohol.

I'm planning a bachelorette party and wanted to have some cute waterbottles made for the trip to take to shore and stuff. Is this not allowed? I know disposable water bottles are not, but what about the kind you can reuse and walk around the ship with?

You can bring as many empty refillable beverage containers as you want. You just can't bring any bottles (except wine) with beverages already in them.

As others have said you can bring as many water bottles as you want but they MUST be empty. My wife had about 3 ounces of water left in her water bottle and they made her dump the water out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Disclaimer: Sounds like an odd question, even to me (LOL!), but just to clarify/double check/wonder...any issue with bringing mouthwash and after shave in plastic bottles that are partially filled? We are boarding the Legend from home (Honolulu) and instead of buying new stuff, thought we would just bring what we are already using (esp. since no air flight involved). Just want to be prepared. thanks for any info!

Disclaimer: Sounds like an odd question, even to me (LOL!), but just to clarify/double check/wonder...any issue with bringing mouthwash and after shave in plastic bottles that are partially filled? We are boarding the Legend from home (Honolulu) and instead of buying new stuff, thought we would just bring what we are already using (esp. since no air flight involved). Just want to be prepared. thanks for any info!

We didn't have any issues last time. We drive to port instead of fly too, so we'll once again be bringing an already opened bottle of mouthwash with us on our next cruise in April.

🍹🌞

The main issue with refillable water bottles is that some people disregard the posted warnings and attempt to fill their bottle directly from a water or juice dispenser in the buffet area. There are designated filling stations for these refillable containers, or one can use a clean glass with the dispenser, and then transfer the liquid to their personal bottle.

The idea is to not have any part of a used container come into contact or proximity with a public dispensing tube. If improper use is seen by a Carnival employee, they are supposed to shut down the contaminated dispenser, disinfect it, and then let it resume service.

The main issue with refillable water bottles is that some people disregard the posted warnings and attempt to fill their bottle directly from a water or juice dispenser in the buffet area. There are designated filling stations for these refillable containers, or one can use a clean glass with the dispenser, and then transfer the liquid to their personal bottle.

The idea is to not have any part of a used container come into contact or proximity with a public dispensing tube. If improper use is seen by a Carnival employee, they are supposed to shut down the contaminated dispenser, disinfect it, and then let it resume service.

Thanks evandbob! You beat me to it. We too take Tervis tumblers with us and use these both on and off the ship. However, PLEASE do not fill your drinking containers of any kind from the same dispenser everyone else uses to get their drinks from. One "bump" from the mouth piece on your container and you just risked passing on anything you may have picked up on to a bunch of others! This is how a lot of people get sick. I always take a clean glass and fill it, then dump that into my Tervis. In addition, I hand wash our glasses and lids with soap and hot water at least once a day in our room and let them air dry on the counter.

Yeah, we brought the sport bottle kind. Maybe 10" tall or so, have a folding sip spout and a finger grip handle on the lid. We filled them with our favorite free drink and carried them around a lot. We never took them off the ship with us, though. If you do, I'd imagine the crew would want to have a look/smell inside when you come back on board to make sure you don't have alcohol.

If you have sport bottles, where can they be filled free? Are the drink machines accessible even when restaurants are closed?

If you have sport bottles, where can they be filled free? Are the drink machines accessible even when restaurants are closed?

Yes, there are drink stations on Lido 24/7 with water, lemonade, ice tea, coffee, hot water, hot choc, tea bags

So I can take my large tumbler to a designated station and fill it with juice? I like my juice and I want to fill it in the morning to last throughout the day. But I don't relish the thought of filling my tumbler four or five times with a glass from the Lido buffet.

Start relishing.....The designated stations are for water.

Rats. :mad:

If you want juice for your quart tumbler, you'll need three fills with a plastic glass from Lido...

Will I be holding a line up if I do it all at once?

Or do without...Or purchase Cheers and get a cold juice at anytime at any bar.

I'm getting Cheers anyway. Can I get a mango or guava juice at a bar? I didn't think you could. That's why I wanted to fill a large tumbler.

If you want juice for your quart tumbler, you'll need three fills with a plastic glass from Lido.

Will I be holding a line up if I do it all at once?

The busiest times at the drink fountains will obviously be during meal times, but I don't ever recall lines being that long. Maybe a few people at the most. There's more than one fountain going during the busy periods. If you're trying to fill your larger container and someone else comes up, you can always let them go ahead and finish yours after.

• 2 years later...
On 3/25/2017 at 1:52 PM, JaedensMimi said:

What about soda, my daughter is a soda addict.

We prebuy coke thru the carnival web site. I always get a 6 pack of zero and a 12 pack of water. It is in our room when we get onboard. The fridge keeps them cold and we have our one a day. Six packs are $10 and a 12 pack of predelivered water bottles is $4.50. Keep hydrated!

On 3/24/2017 at 10:59 PM, gardn198 said:

Any EMPTY container is allowed. reason for full water bottles not allowed. So many filled them with gin, rum and alike.