Royal Suite "sharing"

After years of talking about it -- I finally booked a family holiday on the Brilliance :D (party of eight)

Myself and my 3 kids are seasoned cruisers (Diamond), but this will be a first for my Mom & Dad and Brother & SiL.

I have the Royal Suite for 2, an interior for 4 across the hall, and an oceanview for 2 on deck 4. Of course the Royal Suite is plenty big enough for us all to hang out there (the kids & I have done the RS on the Jewel, it was fabulous) but for the obvious $$$ cost I only booked two in the RS. Here's the question:

If one of the four in the interior cabin stayed with us in the RS would anyone care? I know he could just crash on the couch and no one would be the wiser (don't ask, don't tell), but would it be going too far to ask the cabin steward to make up the couch bed?

Great, thanks Bob!

One more Q: My son (18 yo) will be with me in the RS, if my daughter (21 yo) enters the Concierge Lounge with me, does the bartender (or anyone else) look for the "gold" card? Though we're diamonds anyway, the CL is nicer than the DL on the Brilliance. I suppose it may depend on how crowded the CL & DL are if anyone pays any attention. When I was on the Brilliance this January, the DL was completely empty most of the time, however this sailing is the week before Christmas so it will probably be very busy.

Great, thanks Bob!

One more Q: My son (18 yo) will be with me in the RS, if my daughter (21 yo) enters the Concierge Lounge with me, does the bartender (or anyone else) look for the "gold" card? Though we're diamonds anyway, the CL is nicer than the DL on the Brilliance. I suppose it may depend on how crowded the CL & DL are if anyone pays any attention. When I was on the Brilliance this January, the DL was completely empty most of the time, however this sailing is the week before Christmas so it will probably be very busy.

Yes, they look for the gold card. Why don't you switch the names on the bookings so your daughter is technically in the RS. They don't care where she sleeps once on board. She can go to Guest Services and get an extra key for the stateroom she sleeps in.

Yes, they look for the gold card. Why don't you switch the names on the bookings so your daughter is technically in the RS. They don't care where she sleeps once on board. She can go to Guest Services and get an extra key for the stateroom she sleeps in.

I'd be surprised if they did that. I'm pretty sure adding an extra body to the RS at time of booking would have been more than adding same body to an inside cabin

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I'd be surprised if they did that. I'm pretty sure adding an extra body to the RS at time of booking would have been more than adding same body to an inside cabin

I'm not suggesting adding a guest to the RS, but swapping the daughter and son.

My bad, I overlooked the age difference

We do our first RS in two weeks. Any suggestions on things I should take advantage of? I am so looking forward to the new Room service menu. Pretty sure we are the first ship implementating. I see a lot of wings in the afternoon

Edited by John&LaLa

Definitely, wwaayy more, which is why I booked 2 in the RS and 4 in the interior... Just hoping once onboard no one notices who is sleeping where. Don't care much about the room keys either since we're all "together", we can work out access to the rooms.

We ended up in a similar situation. We were in a loft and my 2 children and their friends were in an balcony together (with my husband as the over 21 person). We had 2 of them sleep in our room. We did go to guest service to officially swap them so the correct stateroom attendant would get the tips.

the way I read it the son is booked into the interior , but will be sleeping in the suite. so i think the OP and their spouse is booked in the RS. ( they did say they only booked 2) but since the daughter is of legal drinking age they are looking for access to the CL for her.. but since she is not booked in the Suite at all.. she cannot access it. and since the other 2 are not D+ or Pinnacle, they cannot access it in their own right.

^ yes, almost correct -- I have two sons (14 and 19) and a daughter (21), no spouse.

no biggie, since daughter is diamond she can still access the DL I was just curious how strict the CL is

Sometimes they are strict in the CL, sometimes not. However, I don't think it's right to put the Concierge in the uncomfortable position of breaking the rules. Which is why I think it's better to get your daughter a gold card if you can easily swap names.

Agreed, I don't wish to put anyone out, actually my 18 yo son enjoys the CL more (not for the drinks, but the SNACKS) :D

and my daughter would prefer being outside by the pool bar anyway!

My main concern (and the original topic) was about letting my daughter or other son sleep in the suite to alleviate crowding in the interior cabin. I also don't want to make the cabin steward uncomfortable about making up the couch knowing there are only two registered guests.

Agreed, I don't wish to put anyone out, actually my 18 yo son enjoys the CL more (not for the drinks, but the SNACKS) :D

and my daughter would prefer being outside by the pool bar anyway!

My main concern (and the original topic) was about letting my daughter or other son sleep in the suite to alleviate crowding in the interior cabin. I also don't want to make the cabin steward uncomfortable about making up the couch knowing there are only two registered guests.

You can increase the stateroom attendant's comfort with a nice tip.:)

Suite tips are higher, whoever sleeps on the couch will be charged grats for the room they are not in. If you have the same steward, not much of a problem, but I definitely would tip the steward upon asking if he'd make up the sofa.

Also seems easier to switch names of daughter and son for the lounge.

Have a great cruise.

Once onboard, NO ONE cares who sleeps where! You can tell them you're moving someone into the suite, or not...your choice...they don't care! Its the same as putting a "senior" into each cabin, to get the "senior" discount...and switching once you're onboard. It's done all the time.If you don't want to do that, and you will be having an extra body in the suite, simply tip a bit above the standard tips to compensate a bit. It's not a big deal at all!

My bad, I overlooked the age difference

We do our first RS in two weeks. Any suggestions on things I should take advantage of? I am so looking forward to the new Room service menu. Pretty sure we are the first ship implementating. I see a lot of wings in the afternoon

Will the new room service menu be implemented on your ship by then?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Will the new room service menu be implemented on your ship by then?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It should be.

March 27 Serenade is one of the first being implemented. We, actually just Laura now, is in a JS. So we have to pay, but the wings could be worth the fees.

Who knows, maybe we can do some menu tastings some afternoons in the suite. I'm a team player

Of course you can give your steward 'extra'. You can do the same with the concierge.

I have asked on a few cruises if my one son can go in with us to the CL (he is D, we are D+). No concierge has ever appeared uncomfortable. Usually the answer is 'yes'. One time he said, 'it's been crowded so if possible, after 7pm'. No problem. We ended up using the D lounge that time for convenience.

Since you are in the RS, I would ask nicely, in private. I am guessing they will say 'of course'. If not, that's fine, too.

I would put your drinking age daughter in the RS with you. As it is, I think anyone who is under 21 would be allowed in the CL as long as you are there too.