Is SHARE being phased out?

LewesBeach

Voice in the wilderness --- we really enjoyed Share, esp if four people or more order. Just saying----

On which ship?

From what I'm seeing there is a distinct difference between the overall experience on Sun with it's different menu, and on Emerald or Ruby which seems to have a much nicer menu.

Since Princess has not added SHARE fleet wide as originally planned, seems it's not the success they hoped it would be.

Hopefully, when the contract runs out with Curtis Stone, it will be "Bye-Bye" SHARE. ;) (yn)

When Princess first came out with SHARE and I read the menu, I wasn't impressed at all. One of the main items was pork belly. Someone left a comment that that's exactly what it was pork belly fat. So, if true happy to hear the end of SHARE!! A Princess flop!

That would definitely be great news! :D

Hopefully they'll keep a few of my favorites such as the burrata appetizer & the 3 wonderful pasta choices. For me the main courses are the least enjoyable part of the otherwise good dining experience. When one of the "lobster 3 ways" is lobster bisque sauce that's weak to me.

I'm curious to read opinions about the French restaurant on the Majestic. Based on the promotions I've read it already sounds much better for me than SHARE. ;)

Frank;

You forgot to mention the Ossobuco.....:):):)

Bob

When Princess first came out with SHARE and I read the menu, I wasn't impressed at all. One of the main items was pork belly. Someone left a comment that that's exactly what it was pork belly fat. So, if true happy to hear the end of SHARE!! A Princess flop!

But I bet you would eat an egg!. Guess where that comes from. Pork Belly is wonderful.

Regarding the comments on the Princess Survey. Yes, the surveys are self-serving. Princess (actually, all corporations) are looking for simple, easy-to-digest evaluations that they can use in their marketing efforts. So, they ask for numeric ratings on quite broad categories.

However, towards the end of the survey they do provide the opportunity to compose a little essay on any (presumably) appropriate topic. More than once I have used this opportunity to write negative reports about the food or the service in the specialty restaurants.

My opinion is that a negative report on the food quality reflects on the room's head chef, and, ultimately, the ship's Executive Chef. A negative report on service reflects on the room's Headwaiter, and, ultimately, of course, the ship's Maitre d'. That is why I see a lot of quality variation between the specialty restaurants--different management. The fact of the matter is that the average manager is, well, average. There are really not that many that are truly excellent. However, there are, in fact, some (not many) that are just poor. I, frankly, hope that somebody does read my comments and, if they see similar comments from other passengers, Princess recognizes that a problem exists and takes appropriate corrective action.

When we were on the Emerald the staff was pushing SHARE so hard is became comical. At every turn they would be telling the people just how great the place was & the fantastic time they recently experienced eating there.

Anyone could see through the facade of their raves.

Interesting..when I was on the Ruby last October I couldn't get reservations the last night, as it was sold out.

Carole

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, actually, when it was first advertised "share(ing)" was their concept. It was well stated in the video and the words that you could share your food with your fellow table mates or just eat your own. Once they realized that people didn't want to share their food with family members let alone strangers they dropped that part from the Share video. Trust me, Curtis Stone DID say that the concept was to share your food. That was the whole point of the name. Otherwise, what do you think the name Share is standing for?

We ate at Share twice on our 7-day cruise in December and we asked our waiter that question. She said it is for the restaurant to "Share" it's adventure in food with the customer. I had to laugh. The plates are way too small to be enough food to share with anyone. The food is fantastic, though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Boy you got this one right!!!! I won't eat pork belly :eek: If Curtis Stone himself paid me.

Tony

Boy you got this one right!!!! I won't eat pork belly :eek: If Curtis Stone himself paid me.

Tony

Hi,its quite tasty if cooked properly and if there is a decent meat content on it,cheers,Brian.

So don't try it, I'm sure P.C.L have a plan, and quite frankly don't give 2 hoots what the nay-sayers think, you are expendable, which a lot of people don't understand. Don't like it go away, there are 2 that will replace you. Laughable.

Go away, go very, very far away.

THINK ABOUT IT.

So don't try it, I'm sure P.C.L have a plan, and quite frankly don't give 2 hoots what the nay-sayers think, you are expendable, which a lot of people don't understand. Don't like it go away, there are 2 that will replace you. Laughable.

Go away, go very, very far away.

THINK ABOUT IT.

What changed with you? Your posts used to be nice even when you were disagreeing with people. Now you are snarky with everyone. Whatever happened in your life a few months ago certainly changed how you interact with people. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you have to be mean.

Do you eat crispy bacon? If so, guess what, you're eating pork belly! :p

Hi,that stuffs like rubber on Princess.On the Coral last year it was 3 days before we found out that we could ask for British back bacon at the buffet and they would cook it fresh,cheers,Brian.