Teens 15-17

Most kids in that age range only use the "club" to meet others...and then they go and do their own thing! Mid and older teens loathe "organized activities"!

My kids did go down to the club and sometimes just hung out and other times liked the activities....it all just depends on your kids. I would suggest to go to the "meet and greet 411" on the first night.....a lot of kids meet each other then and go from there!

One night on one of our cruises they had an organized activity where they had to trade something worthless for something of value. I don't remember the details, but it was kind of a neat thing they had them doing. We gave them money and let them keep what they were trading. These kids made a fortune that night because we saw them later and every single person did the exact same thing we did! They were having a blast. They were so well mannered that my husband and I really enjoyed watching them. It is so nice when you see people having a really good time! Especially teens!

One time we got on the elevator of a Holland America ship and somebody had pizza slices stuck on the wall of the elevator. We just laughed because you would assume that kids did it but you never know!

Allure offers 15-17 year olds dinner with their parents for 2 hours every evening :-) 6 hours of sleep and 16 hours with other teens they will meet onboard do do whatever the heck they want, like surf, basketball, soccer, shows, ship organized teen activities if they like that sort of thing, dance, swim, eat, eat, eat, shop, see an outdoor movie, Zipline, crafts, sun, visit with parents by the pool, you get the idea.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Most kids in that age range only use the "club" to meet others...and then they go and do their own thing! Mid and older teens loathe "organized activities"!

Maybe for some, but not all.

Our DD sailed 3 times in this age group on Freedom or Allure.

They will have an evening Meet and Greet in the club called FUEL.

Make sure they go to this initial meeting.

This is where friendships start.

The activities planned were scavenger hunts, dinners, games, water sports, dances, pizza parties, which by the way DD was prom queen on her last teen event when she was 17 on Allure voted in by over 50 of her peers.

OMG her schedule on sea days was busier than ours, from sun up to 1-2am, with counselors

Definitely let your teen go.

They too will become addicted to cruising.

Safe travels.

Can you say "glittering generalities" ?:rolleyes:

Allure offers 15-17 year olds dinner with their parents for 2 hours every evening :-) 6 hours of sleep and 16 hours with other teens they will meet onboard do do whatever the heck they want, like surf, basketball, soccer, shows, ship organized teen activities if they like that sort of thing, dance, swim, eat, eat, eat, shop, see an outdoor movie, Zipline, crafts, sun, visit with parents by the pool, you get the idea.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Dinner with their parents? I definitely didn't experience this. Lol

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

My older son didn't participate in the club at all after he turned about 13. Once he found the flowrider, he didn't need anything else. He's never been a club kind of kid, and even though I suggested that he stop by and see if he'd meet anyone to hang out with, he much preferred meeting like minded people on the flowrider, be they teens or adults.

He'd go to the teen flowrider night, since he'd often get decent time on the wave that way. But other than that, nothing.

My younger one is almost 15 and we're sailing Allure in under 3 weeks. This is his first cruise without his older brother, who is in college. While I have also encouraged him to attend the M&G the first night, that's also falling on deaf ears. He just doesn't enjoy large groups of strangers (kind of like his mother LOL!).

He'll be on the flowrider, basketball court (for both bball and soccer), pool, etc. Hopefully he'll meet up with some kids and find some stuff to keep him interested. He wasn't originally sailing with me and my mom (we were booked on X) but changes in his father's employment situation warranted a change in his break vacation plans. I was kind of hoping for some time to sit and read, but I'm thinking that won't happen much.

Depending on how social your kids are, they're sure to find something fun and interesting to keep them busy.