Live - Anthem of the Seas Spring Fling Cruise..3-26 to 4-3-2017

Did they have reservations for the cover band too on your sailing? They didn't on our two Anthem sailings. We just went early to try to get a seat. There are seats upstairs too that are good. We saw them in September and they were really good. We had the Bon Jovi cover band last month, they were good too.

Thanks for the info! We assumed it was reservations first like many shows. Heading there now! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to thank you for having the most extensive review of the Anthem. What a refreshing review for a change. Instead of reading, the food is cold, the entertainment stinks, the service is horrible and on and on. It gets to the point you don't want to read anyone's because they are all the same whining and complaining. If there was a prize for the best review that was informative, entertaining, educational with outstanding photo's and videos you would get it!!!! We are on this ship in August. I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed reading a post for a change. You ROCK !!!!

Excellent point! Shipmates. I want to know what I'm going to do next week when you're back home Seadog. Everywhere I go I wait for the notification sound on my phone that tells me there's an update on this thread and more fabulous pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by njaloha

Not much going on as we wait to try and get into the Journey Cover Band Show.

Oh I hope journey will be on the the April 17thcruise. We always seem to get Bon Jovi who are really good but we have seen them too many times. Also we have had our fill of the Beatles.

LOVE LOVE LOVE every post in your TR! And your vid at CC was fantastic- I have not been there in SO many years! Thank you for the virtual visit! :)

I am another who had to go and read all your other trippies- thank you for those as well- truly appreciate all the time you are taking from your vacation to bring us all these delicious details.

Looking forward to more! And so so so glad you are enjoying that amazing ship!

Excellent point! Shipmates. I want to know what I'm going to do next week when you're back home Seadog. Everywhere I go I wait for the notification sound on my phone that tells me there's an update on this thread and more fabulous pics.

LOL njaloha! I will post updates from work, though may not be as fun lol! Thanks for following all week! Just got back from an awesomeeee concert.

Oh I hope journey will be on the the April 17thcruise. We always seem to get Bon Jovi who are really good but we have seen them too many times. Also we have had our fill of the Beatles.

WHAT! There is a beatles band that plays that venue! I would be done they are my favorite of all time. I would book just for that. Need to do research.. thank you!

Thank You SeaDog for a great entertaining and comprehensive description! DH & I don't cruise until Oct so your posts are keeping me going for now. Great pic Mr & Mrs SeaDog!

Thank you! I know you will have a great cruise but I will tell you to have a blast anyway!

Journey band said tonight is their last night. They get off in Nassau for their next gig (per my DH who attended the show last night).

Yes they mentioned this so we are glad we caught it tonight.

Great review. U talked me into booking a post NYC marathon cruise onboard the Anthem

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Awesome bklynhtsnyc! Have a great time!! Nice way to cool down from the race.

LOVE LOVE LOVE every post in your TR! And your vid at CC was fantastic- I have not been there in SO many years! Thank you for the virtual visit! :)

I am another who had to go and read all your other trippies- thank you for those as well- truly appreciate all the time you are taking from your vacation to bring us all these delicious details.

Looking forward to more! And so so so glad you are enjoying that amazing ship!

Thanks podsnel! Really glad to give back to a great community! CC was a great day I agree, great beach day!

Nice to meet you mr and mrs Seadog. Thanks for the photo.

It sure does seem like you need reservations for almost everything on that ship.

Nice to meet everyone virtually as well. Thankfully this show did not need reservations and thanks to the tip from realkyitsmema earlier we got in early and good seats up top! Thanks again mema!

Beatles Tribute Band - The Liverpool Legends

I have seen them on Anthem and Navigator and thought they were terrific.

They have their own theatre in Branson.

There is a phone number on the website and you can call and ask when they might be back on the Anthem.

http://www.liverpoollegends.com/branson-shows/

Journey Tribute Band Resurrection in 270 venue.

What an awesome show. The band was excellent, but the venue 270 is amazing! Excellent sound and intimate and amazing video tech on the walls.

If you are a fan of music that happens to be playing in there, and the musicians are goid of course, lol, 270 is a great place to experience it.

We grew up on bands like journey and this was an excellent show. Very high energy and awesome sound. We were singing and out of our seats most of the show!

10 out of 10 Oscars!

Some snippets

94303c3355d425b35613598fe7e2dece.jpg

e4d16ace7ab91900b3e24230f667bef8.jpg

201d8d4fe9e27246818ff4e98aaa78e0.jpg

Felt like a teenager again after the show, we got the munchies so stopped for a snack at sorrento's

87ffa1bc4f7800314c5d06624688655f.jpg

Good night cruise critics and thank you all for the kind words!

I will let you know if Jennifer gives birth when were back on in May lol! Anyone know the Giraffe's name ? :)

The Giraffe's name is Gigi. :D For those who want the backstory - it's here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/all-about-the-giant-giraffe-on-anthem-of-the-seas/

Glad you and the Mrs. are having such a great time! Can't wait for more updates!

Thanks for bringing us along!

Awesome Mr Fun! Glad your along with us!

The Giraffe's name is Gigi. :D For those who want the backstory - it's here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/all-about-the-giant-giraffe-on-anthem-of-the-seas/

Glad you and the Mrs. are having such a great time! Can't wait for more updates!

Thanks for the link and history in Gigi Frick&Frack, interesting.

Good Morning Cruise Critics! Welcome to day 5 from Anthem! This is no fair, the workweek drags on while cruise week flys by like on afterburner :(

A beautiful morning is dawning to Nassau

c0bbe782faa25451eebdfb02d9b29d45.jpg

One of our port-mates

0067260d1c2275d0a06c493f396b00a6.jpg

I will show them, first in line for bumper cars.. not sure when they start but I am willing to wait :)

38c686052363904bf2ec05b7eeff808d.jpg

1aa4521bdeab06218a1df672a87df14f.jpg

Fantastic review! I see a lot of comments from people that I will be cruising with April 29th and can't wait. I also like your positive spin (there will always be minor issues, but it's how we handle them). A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work!

I believe that I have read every post on your review, but I might have missed some answers.

Did you notice an extra charge on the room service menu? We have never ordered room service, but were thinking it would be nice to eat on our balcony this trip.

Do you have the unlimited soda package? Have you noticed the Freestyle machines running out?

Also, I see that the band Rock the Boat starts May 6, if you happen to ask someone on the entertainment staff who is replacing Resurrection (I believe that's the name of the cover Journey cover band) I would appreciate it!

Neither one of these will dampen my spirits while on board, I would just like to be prepared.

Once again, thanks for the great review!

What a great song and video to start the day.

Thanks amkras! It looks like an amazing weather day is here:

fc606f8e096a257bb8233ae40a6d5384.jpg

We are debating heading over to Atlantis water park or stay on the ship. Several times we went and had non-ideal weather, so I think given this weather it will be an easy choice. But having a lot of the ship to ourselves is tempting as well! Such tough choices ... lol

Fantastic review! I see a lot of comments from people that I will be cruising with April 29th and can't wait. I also like your positive spin (there will always be minor issues, but it's how we handle them). A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work!

I believe that I have read every post on your review, but I might have missed some answers.

Did you notice an extra charge on the room service menu? We have never ordered room service, but were thinking it would be nice to eat on our balcony this trip.

Do you have the unlimited soda package? Have you noticed the Freestyle machines running out?

Also, I see that the band Rock the Boat starts May 6, if you happen to ask someone on the entertainment staff who is replacing Resurrection (I believe that's the name of the cover Journey cover band) I would appreciate it!

Neither one of these will dampen my spirits while on board, I would just like to be prepared.

Once again, thanks for the great review!

"A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work!"

This will be my cruise company motto... that is if I had a cruise company....but right on dooham!

As to the room service charge, here are the breakfast menu on room service, note the charge for some items, I will try to catch any cost for other room service meals as they post them

e50337db6f6a6518e12e6dc7a155b4b7.jpg

d4113d86bc3f2379241481d3b87fd67f.jpg

1306d144e263c5fe943ba04aadd67a8b.jpg

cf0abb4743a18f93f22f80a8a4324ef9.jpg

961590b0078422f68c7bf56b572696be.jpg

We do not have the soda package, but I have seen the machines in several places, but not sure if they are running out, sorry. One was displaying low power level warning.

I plan to check on what bands are due back and when if possible, especially since someone mentioned there may be a Beatles Tribute Band :)

Check back for answers if I can find them and thanks for following along!

Thanks for getting back to me! There are a few free items still, or I could always earn a few extra brownie points and bring back her favorite breakfast from Windjammer , especially since I'm up before her (even on vacation I'm cursed with not being able to sleep in!).

Enjoy your day!