Help me spend all my money! Shopping on Solstice

Hi all,

I hear there's quite an extensive array of shops on Solstice so I'd appreciate details from anyone who has travelled on her recently.

Aside from the usual souvenirs, sundries and jewellery what else can I look forward to?

How extensive is the cosmetics and toiletries range, is it the usual duty free offering or a bigger range? I'm thinking of just packing a couple of days worth of samples/travel minis and then topping up from the shop so would be looking for nice but not too $$$ brands like l'Occitane, Body Shop, Jurlique etc.

Thanks

Claire

I like the shops to browse and sometimes pick up some perfume or make-up but I have found on all lines that there is quite a limited range, especially of make-up. It is good if what they have is the kind you wear/need but rarely have I found the actual product I use. There are usually lots of palettes with for example, eyes, lips and cheeks and a couple of brushes and sometimes twin packs of products which is a bit annoying. The L'Occitane range I have found very limited with gift sets of small hand creams etc. Have not seen Body Shop or Jurlique on board from memory though may be wrong. Seems to be primarily ones like Dior or Chanel and also some of the 'therapuetic' brands. The perfume range seems to be better though often it is the 100mm bottles rather than the smaller ones.

I found the cosmetics quite limited too. Fortunately I like Chanel perfume and Clinique cosmetics so there were things to buy. The perfume cost less for 100 ml than the price I pay for 50 ml back home.

I didn't see too many gift sets unless it was perfume.

My weakness on solstice was spending money at the Tiffany store then trying to justify it as being an early birthday present [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are buying handbags/wallets etc be careful to check where they are made. For example,many of the Furla products (and I would assume other luxury brands) were not Italian made and were produced in Thailand or similar. It would be disappointing to assume that you had purchased an Italian bag when it wasn't. I know most of the brands do offshore some of their production but it is easy to be taken in with the brand name and in the onboard shop where it looks a good price. I did see that the more expensive bags were Italian in origin.

There's a Tiffany?! :O

Well, there goes my hard earned!

Thanks for the replies.

Fortunately gambling is about the only vice I don't have, but I tend to make up for it with irresponsible spending on other things ;)

Sent from my SM

There's a Tiffany?! :O

Well, there goes my hard earned!

Thanks for the replies.

Fortunately gambling is about the only vice I don't have, but I tend to make up for it with irresponsible spending on other things ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Please don't tell Mrs Gut about Tiffany.

My wife found the Tiffany's store onboard to be lacking, mostly sterling silver and no bracelet charms etc. But she seemed suitably impressed with the Michael Kors boutique, as did 10yo dd who 'fell in love' with a have to have bag...and sunglasses...and a purse lol[emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have found Clinique is usually a great buy onboard and sometimes they have double packs or extra large sizes for very good prices.

Himself has a bit of a Tiffany obsession but I find it overrated...unless I can spend my OBC in the Tiffany shop of course!