Behind the Scenes tours....all Ships?

mrsfuzzmo

We missed the behind the scenes tour on the Vista....just didn't get there in time before it was sold out. Is this offered on ALL the ships? We are sailing GLORY in June and will try and get on it if they have it.

Yes they will.

How do you typically sign up for these tours? Is it something you can pre

Can only sign up on the ship, not ahead of time.

On the Breeze last month we boarded with zone 8 and went straight to the shore excursion desk and we were already in the second tour!!!

Only two tours of 16 people each are allowed to take the tour. The tour is on the morning of the last sea day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, let me finish. I was going to say that I would guess it will be gone by the time I board. What is the cost of this?

$55 for shorter tours, $95 for longer. I think the "dividing line" is based on whether the ship has a steakhouse (so Fantasy-class ships are less expensive and "bigger" ships are more, except Victory and Triumph which are pretty big ships but only charged $55), .......but opinions vary. :)

The more expensive tour has a few more perks and more stops, but I've done 5 tours (3 at $95, 2 at $55) and have always learned something new.

Yes our tour on the Breeze was $95 and lasted 3 hours and 15 minutes. We also received lots of gifts and 3 free pictures at the end.

Very worthwhile tour. Almost the highlight of the cruise for us.

In February I was charged $95 on the Triumph.

Well, darn. It was $55 on Victory back in 2012 or 2013, which I thought was a pretty good deal since it's almost Conquest-sized...and much bigger than a Fantasy-class ship.

When I asked they said it was because Victory didn't have a steakhouse and the tour didn't include it or the champagne you got during the visit there...plus it was shorter and you got less "schwag" and fewer photos.

Debating on if my kids would enjoy something like this 16 and 12 or if it is something I should just do with the hubby

We took our 13 & 11 year old daughters on the tour and they enjoyed it and learned a lot.

If you have kids that are interested in how things work or like to see the "behind the scenes" of things they will really like it.

We took our 13 & 11 year old daughters on the tour and they enjoyed it and learned a lot.

If you have kids that are interested in how things work or like to see the "behind the scenes" of things they will really like it.

great i think i will ask them and if they want to do it we will all go ... my oldest i am pretty sure would enjoy it - luckily we have FTTF so we will hop on and go straight to excursions

What times do these tours usually take place?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our tour was on the morning of the last sea day. All other posts I have seen about this tour on here in the past have indicated the same.

Well, darn. It was $55 on Victory back in 2012 or 2013, which I thought was a pretty good deal since it's almost Conquest-sized...and much bigger than a Fantasy-class ship.

When I asked they said it was because Victory didn't have a steakhouse and the tour didn't include it or the champagne you got during the visit there...plus it was shorter and you got less "schwag" and fewer photos.

It lasted a little over three hours. We did get to see the ship's bell. We took three pictures: one group picture at the bell and two on the bridge with the captain(one group and one individual/couple). We got chocolate covered strawberries(tuxedo) in the kitchen. We got to make vegetable flowers. We were shown the doors to the brig and morgue, and we walked by some crew cabins(didn't see inside). We didn't do either of those on the Inspiration. At the end, we ha mimosas, juice, and cookies. There may have been champagne, but I can't remember. I don't remember being offered a mimosa on the Inspiration. We got a plate of chocolate covered strawberries(tuxedo) and other treats delivered to our cabins. The pictures were delivered well after 8pm.

We got to keep the lanyard. The goodie bag included: a hat, wristband, a ship facts and chocolate melting cake recipe flyer, and a swan carved out of soap. The carved soap isn't included in the $55 tours. The bag itself is nicer than the one I got on the Inspiration. The bag from the Inspiration was just a drawstring bag. The bag from the Triumph is also drawstring, but it has a zippered front compartment.

It lasted a little over three hours. We did get to see the ship's bell. We took three pictures: one group picture at the bell and two on the bridge with the captain(one group and one individual/couple). We got chocolate covered strawberries(tuxedo) in the kitchen. We got to make vegetable flowers. We were shown the doors to the brig and morgue, and we walked by some crew cabins(didn't see inside). We didn't do either of those on the Inspiration. At the end, we ha mimosas, juice, and cookies. There may have been champagne, but I can't remember. I don't remember being offered a mimosa on the Inspiration.

Yep, that's consistent with the tours on Conquest-class ships I've done. The mimosas and champagne (and orange juice) were served to us in the steakhouse, which is where those tours ended.

We got a plate of chocolate covered strawberries(tuxedo) and other treats delivered to our cabins. The pictures were delivered well after 8pm.

Same here, after every tour....except on Liberty, where they just dumped some melted chocolate over some strawberries and called it a day. :o (Terrible galley and meal service on that cruise.)

We got to keep the lanyard. The goodie bag included: a hat, wristband, a ship facts and chocolate melting cake recipe flyer, and a swan carved out of soap. The carved soap isn't included in the $55 tours. The bag itself is nicer than the one I got on the Inspiration. The bag from the Inspiration was just a drawstring bag. The bag from the Triumph is also drawstring, but it has a zippered front compartment.

Huh, now I'll have to check my collection of Carnival BtF drawstring bags. I don't remember getting one on the cheaper tours at all. I also can't remember if my bags have a zipper. :)