Prepaid excursions using OBC on Princess

That is funny I also have a cruise on the Diamond Princess this November, I have over $500 of on board credit and have booked some excursions and it did not take the credit and the cruise personaliser has the notice at the bottom that I have the option for it to be charged to my account on board in which case the credit will cover it or to pay in advance.

I wonder why the rules are so different for you?

The process was to add an excursion to shopping cart, then proceed to payment.

At that stage it said in red something like " Status, payment required", and also "not confirmed until payment received".

Once I selected pay now it indicated OBC would be used and the status changed to confirmed.

The OBC list in cruise personaliser remains unchanged.

Possibly the basing issues of the ship. I am doing a cruise while the ship is based in Japan and the payment for any on board expenses will be handles by Princess office in Japan as was the case last year. If the cruise they are booking on is relocating then the cruise could be managed by another international office and as such the rules may be different.

On some cruises it appears you can pre reserve specialty restaurant places. I currently have four cruises booked with Princess and all are different with the set up.

Advice please. ... so how would you go about booking a specialty dinner online , so that you can use your bonus special dinner voucher from the promotion a while ago?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Advice please. ... so how would you go about booking a specialty dinner online , so that you can use your bonus special dinner voucher from the promotion a while ago?

You can only use your voucher if you book on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Book it, pay for it and then turn up on the ship and get them to refund it to you for on board credit.

The online reservations for specialty dining has an annotation on the page to inform you that it is not for use with promotional offers or obc. If you choose to prepay be prepared for the possibility that they may not reimburse.

The online reservations for specialty dining has an annotation on the page to inform you that it is not for use with promotional offers or obc. If you choose to prepay be prepared for the possibility that they may not reimburse.

You can cancel up to 24 hours on board the ship and have the funds credited back to your on board account. If by chance you decide to do it like this you have saves a reservation for yourself before it becomes fully booked. That way when you cancel the one you paid for make sure they immediately give you a new booking at the door when you are speaking to them.

You can cancel up to 24 hours on board the ship and have the funds credited back to your on board account. If by chance you decide to do it like this you have saves a reservation for yourself before it becomes fully booked. That way when you cancel the one you paid for make sure they immediately give you a new booking at the door when you are speaking to them.

That would work unless there is a waiting list.

Thanks for that info.

That would work unless there is a waiting list.

The waiting list is irrelevant once you are on that ship. They bend the rules like that all the time. Besides the online booking of specialty restaurants prevents a fair and equal chance of all passengers getting a booking because many passengers including those in full suites get free passes to these restaurants all the time. My thought is that the waiting list will not be honoured because it is all done on paper on the ship and not by computer.

The waiting list is irrelevant once you are on that ship. They bend the rules like that all the time. Besides the online booking of specialty restaurants prevents a fair and equal chance of all passengers getting a booking because many passengers including those in full suites get free passes to these restaurants all the time. My thought is that the waiting list will not be honoured because it is all done on paper on the ship and not by computer.

What is the point of the waiting list then.:confused:

I've never been to speciality restaurant on a Princess cruise out of Australia that has been more than 1/4 full. However I've never tried to go on the first couple of nights, we usually go later in the cruise, and rarely book more than a day ahead. Sometimes we just make a last minute decision if the MDR menu isn't appealing and have always got a table.