Do you Uber?

E23NK1

Has anyone used Uber from Port Canaveral to Universal Hotels area? I would need wifi to do it I think, is that available at PC does anyone know?

You don't need WiFi. Just the cellular data on your phone. I can't answer about PC but I'd be surprised if they didn't have it. The app will only let you request a ride on your phone if it's available in the area.

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

Is Uber SUV the largest?...we are traveling as 5 also and probably 5 pieces of luggage.

Thanks.

Yes, uber SUV is supposed to be bigger. The XL is supposed to seat 6, but it may just be a minivan which might not hold as much luggage. The SUV is a Suburban or Yukon XL and they have a lot of room behind the third row.

Yes, uber SUV is supposed to be bigger. The XL is supposed to seat 6, but it may just be a minivan which might not hold as much luggage. The SUV is a Suburban or Yukon XL and they have a lot of room behind the third row.

Good to know...thanks

We used a hotel shuttle once and never again. We were on the Allure and it was the last shuttle stop. The guy who loaded the luggage didn't bother to load it in the correct order so the driver had to take everything out at each stop and look for the correct luggage. Everyone on the shuttle got off to make sure his/her family's luggage was not left at the wrong ship. Needless to say, it took forever to get to the ship and we'll never take another shuttle.

Those are my fears...plus I don't want to stress any more than I will be already...lol....I have a drink package waiting for me onboard...haha...thanks for the info.

It's also good to know what Pier/Terminal your ship is docked at. In November we were sailing from Terminal 3 in FLL. I didn't know this at the time and when I requested our Uber just put in Port Everglades Terminal.

The driver was deaf and we couldn't help him with directions. He took us all the way to the other side of the port. Instead of a five minute trip it was a 35 minutes trip and three times what it should have been.

My bad and I've learned my lesson.

Has anyone been picked up at Port Everglades by Uber or Lyft? There seems to be a question if these two can enter the port to pick up a fare. Thinking of using one of these instead of renting a car.

Does Uber or Lyft pick you up at Port Everglades when you get off the ship and take you to Port of Miami?

No, download the uber app, and request a car when you are ready to leave. They will normally pick up within a few minutes.

Agree with this poster. We opted for Uber when we sailed on Harmony in November. We stayed at a hotel that offered a free shuttle, but we didn't want to have to wait or be packed into a van. We just paid a small amount and were dropped off with ease.

We also just used the app and requested when we were ready to be picked up... no need to schedule ahead of time.

The differences that have mattered to me the most are that Lyft has significantly better customer support, particularly if there's a problem. When Uber has screwed up, I'm usually out of luck, or it takes a long, long time to get an issue resolved. When Lyft has screwed up, they're both easier to get a hold of, and much faster at resolving issues. And Lyft is better to their drivers.

Good to know...thanks

In FLL for Uber Black XL we have had a Lincoln Mkx and a Lexus 470 GX. They are no where near as large as a Suburban, or Yukon. It fit the three of us with 3 mid-sized bags and my flow boards but I am happy we did not have any extra luggage or people. It can vary but this is more of a heads up or FYI to our experience from out travels to Port Everglades.

If I were you I would tell whichever service you use from FLL to pick you up on the DEPARTURES level and NOT on the arrivals level. Those of you who have been here where we live and use FLL will understand why I advise you to do this.

In FLL for Uber Black XL we have had a Lincoln Mkx and a Lexus 470 GX. They are no where near as large as a Suburban, or Yukon. It fit the three of us with 3 mid-sized bags and my flow boards but I am happy we did not have any extra luggage or people. It can vary but this is more of a heads up or FYI to our experience from out travels to Port Everglades.

Thanks...maybe we will play it save and each of us will order a separate Uber for our own group...rather than try getting 5 people and luggage into one.

I suspect you are flying into Orlando and spending the night near the airport. If not you can ignore the rest of this. I have used uber and they are great in that that are way more convenient then a taxi and almost always cheaper. Having said that we recently took the Oasis out of Port Everglades in February. We stayed at a property somewhat near the airport. We opted to use a shuttle from Contrans and it was the best decision I made. I stress about all the pre-cruise items and transportation to the port is one of those items. There are other private shuttles also but this one came recommended to us and turned out to be perfect for what we needed.

Contrans has really nice and comfortable shuttles with all kinds of space for your luggage. At $20 pp they came right to our hotel within the 15 minute window that they promised. We didn't have to haul our luggage around once we arrived at the port as it was picked up right at the shuttle and we only had to walk 100' to the entrance to the terminal.

If it was Ft. Lauderdale I would opt for Uber or even a taxi in a heartbeat since it is just a short ride. With two carry on suitcases and one large suitcase most of the Uber cars I've been taken would be touch and go for my wife and I. You definitely want to go with the larger class of Uber if you go that route.

• 2 weeks later...

I know your question was to the Port Canaval port with Uber but can you or anyone tell me if Uber can be used when returning from your cruise and going to Ft. Lauderdale airport. Are they allowed at this airport? Found cheapest shuttle for $15 pp but still trying to get cheaper, haha. Only two of us

We have used UBER before and were very happy with the service. A quickie question...we will be 2 people with 4 bags doing a 24 night cruise...is regular UBER ok, or should I use UBER XL? Thanks for you opinions.

We just got back from the Allure Sunday. We took our first Uber ever from Embassy Stes on 17th to the port. Super easy. We asked for uber xl because there were 4 of us with luggage. We got a minivan (which could have sat 6 people) luggage in back. We took a minivan taxi back to the airport when leaving. The taxi was $20 for all of us. I had used a code a friend gave me for the uber, so it was free for our first ride.