Got this Upgrade Bid Offer Everyone was talking about 72 Days out on Escape for June

tgloersen

I hear so much about the "HAVEN" so i put in an offer for 4 different Haven cats, offers ranging from $510 to $770. We shall see what happens.

Would be really cool to get an offer accepted! Anybody else ever get accepted in this range? I think the cats were H5, 6, 7, 9.

H9 i know is the Haven Spa, of which i have Thermal SPA passes already, NCL said i could get those refunded since this cat includes them.

Following this thread. Have been reading up on the bidding process, and seems that while some have been successful bidding on the lower end, others have not. I think it depends on supply and demand, and time of year (I'm imagining summer cruises will be more competitive bidding than spring, at least I hope so!) We're on the Breakaway in early May, and this is how we bid:

H6- mid-poor

H5- mid-fair

H9- mid-fair

H7- mid-fair

What's interesting is that the "good" bidding price on the H9 spa suite is almost exactly the current price difference we would pay to upgrade from our spa mini, go figure :confused: Since your cruise is a month after ours, I'll report back if we had a winning bid.

FYI. We sale on the Escape on the 8th. Last week I emailed my travel agent and he said I can upgrade from an inside to a balcony for $310 total for two people. When I had the chance to bid, $300 was a "POOR" bid. Why would I bid higher than what my travel agent could get me guaranteed??? I have cruised many times, I am in the room just to sleep and shower. No matters to me.....

FYI. We sale on the Escape on the 8th. Last week I emailed my travel agent and he said I can upgrade from an inside to a balcony for $310 total for two people. When I had the chance to bid, $300 was a "POOR" bid. Why would I bid higher than what my travel agent could get me guaranteed??? I have cruised many times, I am in the room just to sleep and shower. No matters to me.....
This is how I feel about this bidding process. It seems like so many people are reporting that it's simply not that great of a deal....

I would be careful about posting any information on my bids. Other passengers are your competition in this process...no sense in letting them know what they need to do to outbid you.

Posting a range really doesn't tell people how much you bid because the price range depends on the cabin that you are currently in and/or what you paid anyways. It's not the same range for everyone as far as I understand it.

Posting a range really doesn't tell people how much you bid because the price range depends on the cabin that you are currently in and/or what you paid anyways. It's not the same range for everyone as far as I understand it.

Since the "I" and the "my" in my week-old post didn't seem to work, let's play devil's advocate and assume that what you say is correct.

If things, as you profess, depend on your cabin, depend on what you paid, and aren't the same ranges for everyone, then how exactly does is help person A to know the information relevant to person B's situation?

The obvious aside, you are certainly free to post whatever information about your bid that you choose. However, you'll have no one to blame but yourself when you get the "sorry, but your bid wasn't accepted" email and you are stuck in your former cabin.

Since the "I" and the "my" in my week-old post didn't seem to work, let's play devil's advocate and assume that what you say is correct.

If things, as you profess, depend on your cabin, depend on what you paid, and aren't the same ranges for everyone, then how exactly does is help person A to know the information relevant to person B's situation?

The obvious aside, you are certainly free to post whatever information about your bid that you choose. However, you'll have no one to blame but yourself when you get the "sorry, but your bid wasn't accepted" email and you are stuck in your former cabin.

Thank you for your permission to post what I want. My day is complete. :rolleyes:

This is how I feel about this bidding process. It seems like so many people are reporting that it's simply not that great of a deal....

i think NCL is in part banking on people who dont know how to do research and/or basic math. that, and today's attitude of instant gratification/gotta have it/keeping up with the joneses where people will bid crazy to get a perceived deal.

the only way to get the Upgrade disAdvantage program to go away is everyone either refused to bid or just bid the bare minimum "poor" bet.

i think NCL is in part banking on people who dont know how to do research and/or basic math. that, and today's attitude of instant gratification/gotta have it/keeping up with the joneses where people will bid crazy to get a perceived deal.

the only way to get the Upgrade disAdvantage program to go away is everyone either refused to bid or just bid the bare minimum "poor" bet.

Yep accept my poor bid or forget it! Thats a real deal!:cool:

Exactly! I could pay $1150pp to switch to an aft penthouse right now and get full suite benefits but the "upgrade" button goes up to $2000pp and that DOES not include suite benefits. You keep what you had when you originally booked. So, why anyone would go above $400-500 max for that (which puts you in the low poor range of the meter) is beyond me.

Exactly! I could pay $1150pp to switch to an aft penthouse right now and get full suite benefits but the "upgrade" button goes up to $2000pp and that DOES not include suite benefits. You keep what you had when you originally booked. So, why anyone would go above $400-500 max for that (which puts you in the low poor range of the meter) is beyond me.

You will get the amenities that come with the suite...You keep the same "free at sea" type amenities that you had at the time of your original booking, however. If there's a new promo you won't be able to take advantage of it just for winning the bid on the upgrade to a suite, but you will get the butler, concierge and access to the breakfast and lunch that all the other suites get. :)

Yep accept my poor bid or forget it! Thats a real deal!:cool:

THIS! Everyone should just bid the minimum.....or just call and ask how many dollars to switch to the exact cabin you want.

I've been in the Haven, but would rather cruise more often in a cabin I picked out than suffer through the agony of bidding and waiting. I deleted my bids, picked out the exact (non-Haven) upgraded cabin I wanted and paid minimal $$ to get it. There are a lot of great Spa or Large balconies and mini-suites to be had.

Was just reading through and wondering if you do call NCL and tell them you just wanna pay the reminder to upgrade to the Haven instead of bidding, do they let you do that even though my final payment is already made?

Thanks!

Was just reading through and wondering if you do call NCL and tell them you just wanna pay the reminder to upgrade to the Haven instead of bidding, do they let you do that even though my final payment is already made?

Thanks!

That's what I was going to do to upgrade to the Haven category DH and I want, but then I realized we'd not only have to pay the bigger price difference, but difference in DSC and trip insurance. We paid the DSC before the April 1st increase​ for a reason, and it being less than 30 days to our sail date and a large number of Haven cabins (including 3/4 of the category we want) still available, figured on the small chance we didn't get the upgrade, we would still have spa access and a little more $$$ in our bank account. So you can certainly upgrade your cabin after final payment.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Okay, thanks!

Good to know because I thought I read some people saying you would have to cancel your current reservation with a penalty and then rebook a new reservation.

Not at all! We did it on our third NCL cruise last year, you just lose any promotions you had with current booking if they changed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk