48 hour price guarantee?

I have read through the 48 hour price guarantee on the website and it states that it will provide an amount of 110 % of the difference as OBC.

The ship (Oasis) sails on May 14 so it is after final payment, and if I figured the numbers right (30% off all 4 guests versus 2 days free based on the prediscounted rates), it would be be better to book before the current sale ends.

Has anyone had any success with the 48 hour guarantee. The sailing is not on the GGG Flyer, resident discounts, etc. I just wanted to cover my bases in case my calculations were wrong.

I successfully used the 48 hour guarantee for our Oct 7, 2017 AOTS sailing. I booked on the last day of Oct 2016 (or maybe it was Nov 2016). Woke up the next day and realized the new sale was slightly cheaper. I sent a quick email saying "here's what I paid yesterday, the adjacent room would cost me $156 less today." Two days later, they replied and said $171.60 in on board credit had been added to my reservation. So instead of giving you the lower price, you pay the same but get some "free" drinks or shopping later.

I successfully used the 48 hour guarantee for our Oct 7, 2017 AOTS sailing. I booked on the last day of Oct 2016 (or maybe it was Nov 2016). Woke up the next day and realized the new sale was slightly cheaper. I sent a quick email saying "here's what I paid yesterday, the adjacent room would cost me $156 less today." Two days later, they replied and said $171.60 in on board credit had been added to my reservation. So instead of giving you the lower price, you pay the same but get some "free" drinks or shopping later.

Not sure why they gave you OBC and you didn't need to use the 48 hour guarantee as you were almost a year before your sailing and many months before final payment, they should have just repriced your cruise and you would only pay the reduced amount at final paymemt.

Getting a price reduction before final payment is just a phone call for those booking under North American terms. The 48 hour guarantee really only comes into play if you book after final payment.