michaels club

rumpelstiltskin

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2530

While no one will really stop you from leaving drink in hand, bar staff encourage you to consume your complimentary beverages within the club.

That is a Cruise Critic article. Have you ever experienced being told to drink your drink only in MC? Or seen it written anywhere? I haven't but maybe I missed it. The concierge is usually right by the door and has never chastised us, for sure.

We were on Summit the summer of 2014 when MC was first introduced for suite passengers and they did not allow drinks to leave. By the following summer 2015 on an Alaskan cruise that had changed and we could walk out with our drinks. Have not sailed Celebrity since.

That is a Cruise Critic article. Have you ever experienced being told to drink your drink only in MC? Or seen it written anywhere? I haven't but maybe I missed it. The concierge is usually right by the door and has never chastised us, for sure.

I do remember someone on CC saying they were talked to about taking drinks from MC. Also friends on our last cruise that did not have the premium drink package did not take drinks from MC to Luminae. They ordered drinks in Luminae. I will be on Solstice May 7th and will ask. Sounds like the best practice is to ask.

It really depends on the Concierge and maybe the F&B manager. Was on Equinox in November and then again in January. In November the Concierge made a point of telling people on the first day that drinks were to be enjoyed in the lounge. The bar staff would also tell people the same. However people did still take drinks with them. On the Feb cruise I don't remember anything being said. Was the same concierge but I think the F&B manager was different.

I really don't think it is that big of a deal unless you make it a big deal. I have never been told that I could not take a drink from MC into Luminae. But I guess it depends on the ship etc.

Yes, not from Elite activities, unless you have coupons or drinks loaded onto you seapass card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It definitely depends on the Concierge and how eager he/she is to enforce the stipulation that drinks are to be consumed in the lounge. I never saw one stop someone from taking a water or a soft drink, but one party who stopped in just before dinner and ordered glasses of wine "to go" were told that this wasn't allowed.