Mobile Passport App - Port Everglades

msmayor

I don't recall seeing anything posted on this app, but wanted to share my experience.

When we received our disembarkation packet for the Zuiderdam there was a flyer included on the Mobile Passport App which can be downloaded on GooglePlay or for Apple products. It was suggested that this app could 'speed' our disembarkation. Note that it appears this app will only work for passengers with passports; if you are relying on a birth certificate and photo ID you cannot use this app.

I had internet minutes to burn (Explore 4 Package perk) so I downloaded the app and took the steps to set it up. It appears to eliminate the need to complete the paper form as all the information is entered into the app.

You scan the passports of each member of your party and then take a photo to match to the passport information. Its very simple to accomplish with your device's phone as it clearly shows you where your face should be positioned to get the right picture.

Once the information is set up, you then 'create' a trip and answer the questions that are normally found on the form. You don't actually complete the form until the morning of arrival as once finished, the app produces your electronic receipt with barcodes that will be scanned right from your device. The receipt is only good for four hours, so you will want to complete it the morning of arrival.

This means that if you download and set up the app at home before your trip, you shouldn't need any internet minutes to use the app. You can use available wifi or network data after arrival at Port Everglades to complete the trip information and create the receipt.

The beauty of this app isn't so much the time it saves once you get to the customs agent. For us, it saved waiting in the long lines to actually GET to the agent. There is a separate line for those with Mobile Passport. We had to show our device with the receipt complete to gain access...and we were the ONLY ones in that line which takes you directly to the front, and the next available agent. The customs lines had a good 45-50 minute wait when we disembarked at 9am but we literally breezed from luggage pickup to the terminal exit in less than 5 minutes.

The app is only available to use at select airports and the only cruise port it can be used at right now is Port Everglades.

Since the Zuiderdam arrived about an hour or so late on Wednesday (unscheduled stop in Grand Cayman for a medical evacuation) the app would have really helped out anyone trying to make an early flight. Ours wasn't until 12:15 so we made it to FLL with plenty of time to spare.

Thanks for the report, glad it worked for you. We scanned all our passports and everything in advance. However, it kept "erroring out" on us after creating our trip and answering the questions. Instead of completing the process and producing the electronic receipt we just kept getting a message that we had to see an agent in the terminal instead. It would have saved us a lot of time as you mentioned to have gone through the Mobile Passport line. Oh well, maybe next time it will work correctly for us.

We were on the same cruise and sailed through customs too! We've used it a couple of times in Port Everglades so far, and have never had to wait. I was surprised more people weren't using it.

I was talking to the customs agent about it, and she said they're not crazy about it because they only have one scanner. They prefer Global Entry, but you have to apply for it.

Mobile Passport was so easy to set up, and no customs form to fill out either!

Four weeks ago when we got off the NA I had it all set up for us, but there was no one available to process us. So we ended up in the long line anyway. Good thing I'm a skeptic and had our blue form filled out as a backup.

We used the app in February and had the same experience as OP, except there was one person ahead of us.

As OP said, you don't fill out the trip info until you get to the port. You will need to know which pier you're at, and you can find out by asking at the front desk. Also note that you must have your phone ready to show to the agent at the entry to the queue. You have to show your "receipt" to that person in order to be allowed out of the paper document line and into the mobile app line.

C-cruise, go back and check that you entered all the data correctly. I kept getting an error message and when I checked the set-up info, I discovered that I'd entered one of the passport numbers incorrectly. Once I fixed that, the "receipt" came through quickly.

Four weeks ago when we got off the NA I had it all set up for us, but there was no one available to process us. So we ended up in the long line anyway. Good thing I'm a skeptic and had our blue form filled out as a backup.

On this same cruise and had expedited debarkation. We were told that the line wasn't long enough to have a separate mobile app line. I also had the paper form ready. Maybe it will be available on the next cruise.

Thanks for the report, glad it worked for you. We scanned all our passports and everything in advance. However, it kept "erroring out" on us after creating our trip and answering the questions. Instead of completing the process and producing the electronic receipt we just kept getting a message that we had to see an agent in the terminal instead. It would have saved us a lot of time as you mentioned to have gone through the Mobile Passport line. Oh well, maybe next time it will work correctly for us.

We had a similar experience in Port Everglades in February. Got a message saying that the process could not be completed. We checked and rechecked all the information numerous time to no avail. Our Global Entry cards got us into a very short line so it worked well.

the app has been mentioned on here... used it after a 21 day Rotterdam in early March in PE. got the receipt on my phone.. was directed to a separate line.. breezed thru as the person in front of us just completed theirs as we got up to the counter.. no need to wait in that long line..

We arrived in Port Everglades on March 3rd. When I tried to download my trip it kept coming up error. It turned out that our ship was sent to a different terminal than originally scheduled because of an oil spill. Luckily, I had filed out the paperwork in case of problems.

Will plan on using again next fall. Last October we breezed through customs in five minutes at Logan Airport in Boston using mobile passport, so it is definitely worth downloading the app.

We tried to use our Global Entry at terminal 26 in early March. They had a separate line for GE but there was no scanner. I had filled out the blue customs card on the ship. We showed them our GE card which got us into the line - (we were the only one's). When we got to the agent this line merged with the Mobile Passport line and they had us go in front of about 6 people in the MP line . We showed the agent our GE card, gave her our passports and blue customs card and were on our way in less than 15 seconds. The normal line probably had about 75 people. There were 2 agents processing them and 1 agent for the GE and MP line.

My experience with the mobile app at FLL was a breeze - it did help that I knew we were docking in Terminal 26 (I don't think I heard anything from the HAL announcements). Set up the profile during embarkation using the free wifi in the terminal, then answered the 4 easy questions when we had data signal while eating breakfast at the LIDO during disembarkation morning. No waiting line in our group tor those who had it. We had a straggler who did the conventional line but it wasn't too bad for him - maybe about 10-15 minutes extra.

C-cruise, go back and check that you entered all the data correctly. I kept getting an error message and when I checked the set-up info, I discovered that I'd entered one of the passport numbers incorrectly. Once I fixed that, the "receipt" came through quickly.

Thanks, I will double check those numbers for next time. I scanned the passport data in using the app so probably incorrectly made the assumption that the data was correct, lol.

I used this App at Port Everglades after returning from the Panama Canal on the Rotterdam. We went straight to the front of the line and were at the taxi stand in just a few minutes. There were LONG lines for the pax using the standard line. When combined with Luggage Direct, this is the absolute way to go... LOVE IT...

We used the Mobile Passport app in December at Port Everglades. DW and I have Global Entry cards, but DFIL who was travelling with us, does not.

You can load up your data before you leave home. Once you are done, the only thing you need to complete the process is your terminal number. (You can test run an airport booking if you are unsure about your data. Bookings have a 4 hour lifespan and expire at the end of the period.)

My father in law, whom no one would mistake for a tech guy, had no problem with the app.

From the time we finished breakfast to the time we arrived home was well under 45 minutes. (Disclaimer: We don't have much of a commute.)

I highly recommend Mobile Passport.

I don't recall seeing anything posted on this app, but wanted to share my experience.

When we received our disembarkation packet for the Zuiderdam there was a flyer included on the Mobile Passport App which can be downloaded on GooglePlay or for Apple products. It was suggested that this app could 'speed' our disembarkation. Note that it appears this app will only work for passengers with passports; if you are relying on a birth certificate and photo ID you cannot use this app.

I had internet minutes to burn (Explore 4 Package perk) so I downloaded the app and took the steps to set it up. It appears to eliminate the need to complete the paper form as all the information is entered into the app.

You scan the passports of each member of your party and then take a photo to match to the passport information. Its very simple to accomplish with your device's phone as it clearly shows you where your face should be positioned to get the right picture.

Once the information is set up, you then 'create' a trip and answer the questions that are normally found on the form. You don't actually complete the form until the morning of arrival as once finished, the app produces your electronic receipt with barcodes that will be scanned right from your device. The receipt is only good for four hours, so you will want to complete it the morning of arrival.

This means that if you download and set up the app at home before your trip, you shouldn't need any internet minutes to use the app. You can use available wifi or network data after arrival at Port Everglades to complete the trip information and create the receipt.

The beauty of this app isn't so much the time it saves once you get to the customs agent. For us, it saved waiting in the long lines to actually GET to the agent. There is a separate line for those with Mobile Passport. We had to show our device with the receipt complete to gain access...and we were the ONLY ones in that line which takes you directly to the front, and the next available agent. The customs lines had a good 45-50 minute wait when we disembarked at 9am but we literally breezed from luggage pickup to the terminal exit in less than 5 minutes.

The app is only available to use at select airports and the only cruise port it can be used at right now is Port Everglades.

Since the Zuiderdam arrived about an hour or so late on Wednesday (unscheduled stop in Grand Cayman for a medical evacuation) the app would have really helped out anyone trying to make an early flight. Ours wasn't until 12:15 so we made it to FLL with plenty of time to spare.

Happy to say we had the same type of experience after our Koningsdam sailing in February. We breezed right through customs. The entire process from ship to airport was less than 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had the same experience in January when disembarking the Koningsdam. Nobody there to process us.

We had the same experience in January when disembarking the Koningsdam. Nobody there to process us.
We had same experience Equinox in early February. Good thing I had paper form filled out. Hit or miss

I got off the Eurodam last Saturday and used the mobile passport app, I was taken out of a long line and brought right to an agent and went right through, for me it worked great!

Does the app support multiple people such as husband and wife, or does each person need their own phone? Thanks.

It supports multiple family members in a single app. You just need to enter each person's profile (ie, scan each passport and photo selfie) but the responses would apply for all. Just as you would with the blue card. It even takes the "passport cards" for kids under 18. One of the users in our group had 6 profiles in his app for his family, he was fine.

• 1 month later...