Sanctuary tickets on Royal Princess

marilena

Hello,

in August me and my mum are going on our first cruise ever! We picked the Royal Princess ship for a one week cruise in the Mediterranean, starting from Athens. One of the main reasons for us to pick this ship was the nice Sanctuary area on the upper deck. I then read in some posts online that passes to this area sell out very quickly and you have to get some as soon as you get on board.

Now I wonder, what does that exactly mean - would we still be able to get a pass for popular days (like full sea days) if we board e.g. 3 hours after boarding has started or will these be sold out by then? And will our chances to get tickets improve if we arrive very early for boarding? I read that boarding will be staggered and we will be allocated a time slot to board, so we might not even be able to board early even if we arrive when boarding is just about to start.

We still have to book our flights to Athens but I was looking to book a time where we would arrive at 1:30pm in Athens airport, we would then take the transfer to the port, and I would hope to board by 3:30pm (too optimistic?) - the ship departs at 7pm. Now I'm really concerned if this is too late to get any tickets for the Sanctuary and we would be very disappointed if we would not be able to use this area on this cruise.

Sorry for the long intro and the quite specific questions, but the cruise community here is my only hope to get a good answer/advice here, which we really would appreciate as first time cruisers :) Thank you!

Hello,

in August me and my mum are going on our first cruise ever! We picked the Royal Princess ship for a one week cruise in the Mediterranean, starting from Athens. One of the main reasons for us to pick this ship was the nice Sanctuary area on the upper deck. I then read in some posts online that passes to this area sell out very quickly and you have to get some as soon as you get on board.

Now I wonder, what does that exactly mean - would we still be able to get a pass for popular days (like full sea days) if we board e.g. 3 hours after boarding has started or will these be sold out by then? And will our chances to get tickets improve if we arrive very ealry for boarding? I read that boarding will be staggered and we will be allocated a time slot to board, so we might not even be able to board early even if we arrive when boarding is just about to start.

We still have to book our flights to Athens but I was looking to book a time where we would arrive at 1:30pm in Athens airport, we would then take the transfer to the port, and I would hope to board by 3:30pm (too optimistic?) - the ship departs at 7pm. Now I'm really concerned if this is too late to get any tickets for the Sanctuary and we would be very disappointed if we would not be able to use this area on this cruise.

Sorry for the long intro and the quite specific questions, but the cruise community here is my only hope to get a good answer/advice here, which we really would appreciate as first time cruisers clear.png?emoji-smile-1742 Thank you!

It is, and always be "first come, first served". If in the unlikely event, that some beds being released on a daily basis, have heard the Q can start at 07.00

Best board and first make tracks. You may be successful. One wishes you luck.

It is first come first served. Boarding normally starts around noon, but don't know the exact process from in Piraeus. Staggered boarding is a suggestion arrive when you can. Realize that there may be quite a number of passengers doing b2b's.Generally they can reserve before the end of the last cruise. If the Sanctuary is important to you go there as soon as you board to see what is available.

There are nice lounging areas at the Retreat Pool but they have with very little shade. They fill up quickly on sea days.There are also nice areas on Deck 17 above the main Pool. You can find nice chairs and sofas around the main pool in the shade, and also some all the way aft on the Horizon Terrace, deck 16.

Different Sanctuary managers seem to have slightly different booking policies. You need to get to the Sanctuary as soon as you board if you plan to book for the whole cruise. A certain percentage of the loungers are held back for per-day bookings. Check with the Sanctuary after boarding but usually, you can book a specific day or half day only either the day before or very, very early the day you want to use it.

Thanks everyone! Seems it will mostly depend on luck if we get any tickets... I guess I try the 'getting up early for tickets on the day' option, since we were not looking for weekly passes in any case.

There are no tickets. You go with an attendant to select your specific lounger that's yours for the time you booked. It could be in the sun, in the shade, with a view or towards the back. The attendants keep a map of the loungers and mark off which are booked.

Thanks everyone! Seems it will mostly depend on luck if we get any tickets... I guess I try the 'getting up early for tickets on the day' option, since we were not looking for weekly passes in any case.

Do go and check when you first embark.

On some ships they will take reservations for individual days in advance.

Plan to fly in a day early. A 1:30 airport arrival is cutting it close, not allowing for delays, etc.

Agree strongly!! Too close for comfort. I always try to fly in at least a day ahead of time after having a very close call as a rookie cruiser.