Oasis Solarium Dinner Showing Free????

On our Harmony TA there was no charge for the Solarium Bistro. I would book it if I was you. You could cancel later if it is a glitch.

We liked it. We ate there twice. I think the reason they began having a fee was that people had reservations and did not show up. We were able to walk up and eat there on 2 nights. We had not made a reservation there because I did not know what it was. Then it was full. But, many just did not show up or cancel.

I've read various ways about how the Solarium Bistro charges on different ships. On some ships, they have gone to a buffet for starters and desserts, and a la carte entrees. Maybe this is coming to Oasis also?

By the way, our June booking for Oasis also shows $0.00 cost.

We sailed on Oasis Christmas 2015 and Solarium Bistro was free at that time. It was all sit down and order off the menu except for the desserts which were served buffet style.

Ken, are you saying the entrees were free too?

Ok, first time on Oasis coming up this June.

What is the Solarium Bistro? First I have seen a mention of it. I will research on website, but get most of my real info from here on CC.

Thanks for any help.

It's what the Solarium buffet restaurant on Oasis and Harmony becomes in the evening. It may also be on Quantum class.

Originally on Oasis, it was supposed to be a healthier fare. Here's a menu to give you an idea, however I suspect the menu is different on each ship:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/solariumbistro.pdf

It's what the Solarium buffet restaurant on Oasis and Harmony becomes in the evening. It may also be on Quantum class.

Originally on Oasis, it was supposed to be a healthier fare. Here's a menu to give you an idea, however I suspect the menu is different on each ship:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/solariumbistro.pdf

I booked because it was free of course. Now seeing the menu it doesn't look appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's the menu that was on Oasis when there was a charge. It was similar on Harmony with a few changes. One of the changes was they replaced the beef tenderloin with a skirt steak. We had it reserved for one night and then cancelled as without the bison filet the menu was not as appealing.

I looked more closely at the booking. It is free, with a couple of charged items. When you want to download the menu, it seems to show the old menu. When you just do the drop down box to look at items, these show:

e3b5a2329b64fba5ce12375f89d88dac.jpg

dab20428b2b5c57841eefb7ea985d7b5.jpg

13f387b0345eeb4ee5795a98bae8ec97.jpg

b936b321b94778e415d729c3f853c6a4.jpg

We went ahead and booked for the first night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We loved the Solarium on the Quantum; looking forward to eating most breakfasts and lunches there in September on Oasis. Happy to see it may be free, as we will most likely eat dinner there every night. We eat very healthy in our house, and the MDR meals are not all that appealing to us.