Hopefully NOT a stupid question

lazarusrevival

The ship's water is fine and probably better than what is in those bottles...and less waste, too! I don't know why some folks think because it's "bottled" means it's better...that's a marketing ploy! Water is H20....pure and simple Hydrogen, Oxygen ...that's it!

The ship filters and purifies their H20...drink it up. You don't have to lug cases, or pay for the stupid bottles. Drink the water. Stop drinking the "Kool-aid".

The ship's water is fine and probably better than what is in those bottles...and less waste, too! I don't know why some folks think because it's "bottled" means it's better...that's a marketing ploy! Water is H20....pure and simple Hydrogen, Oxygen ...that's it!

Except its not.

The chemical differences between hydrogen dioxide and the ship's water is well documented on these forums. Sodium chloride and Cl2 are also present.

Norwegian now prohibits bringing any drinks onboard - including a half full bottle of water you have when you come back on after a port day! The one exception is that you can bring wine on during embarkation but you have to pay a $15 per bottle fee. But all bottled water and soda can no longer be brought on with you. If you want bottled water badly enough they do sell it by the case, think you can order it through your cruise planner. Or you can bring a refillable bottle and use the tap water onboard.

Except its not.

The chemical differences between hydrogen dioxide and the ship's water is well documented on these forums. Sodium chloride and Cl2 are also present.

[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ship filters and purifies their H20...drink it up. You don't have to lug cases, or pay for the stupid bottles. Drink the water. Stop drinking the "Kool-aid".

Said someone who apparently has no taste buds.

There is a BIG difference between chemically treated and mineral added water and water that isn't.

I am not saying bottled water is better for me, but it usually certainly taste better.

Before you buy bottled water, watch this.

Well I can't watch your video because it forces shut down of the app... but I will say bottled water is sometimes people's only option. Many places do not have safe tap water to drink.

Said someone who apparently has no taste buds.

There is a BIG difference between chemically treated and mineral added water and water that isn't.

I am not saying bottled water is better for me, but it usually certainly taste better.

I won't, and have never debated water taste, as it is one of the most subjective topics around.

However, when you claim that ship's water is "chemically treated and mineral added" while bottled water is not, is not quite accurate. The "chemical treatment" done to ship's water is chlorination, the exact same treatment done to municipal water prior to going to the bottling plant, so both are equally "chemically treated".

The only mineral added to ship's water is calcium carbonate, the main ingredient in Tums, and a common calcium supplement. Now, while many bottled waters do not add things to their products, some do, including Desani which holds a 10% market share of US bottled water sales, and they add magnesium sulfate (epsom salts, a drying agent), potassium chloride (a fertilizer), and salt. All of these ingredients are added to the water for "taste" per Desani. So, while some bottled waters have no minerals added, spring water tends to have a higher mineral content, and some "filtered" water products have minerals added back in, so saying bottled water doesn't have them is not quite correct.

You can't bring liquid's on planes, and in this day of terrorism they prob are trying to protect their guests from any crazy business.

Not even close. It is a financial decision, pure and simple. If they allow water and soda onboard, they sell less of their water/soda.

You can't bring liquid's on planes, and in this day of terrorism they prob are trying to protect their guests from any crazy business.

Eh, except they allow wine to be brought on for a fee. And there's no issues with non-drinkable liquids like mouthwash. Really think it's just

A. to increase water and soda sales onboard.

B. Give people fewer opportunities to sneak on liquor.