Live – Constellation Singapore – Rome 2017

Jim_Iain

We are doing this exact itinerary next yr, same time, same ship...thats the reason I am following Jims posts.

But ours does not have Monaco as a port?

Do they on this cruise even stop at Monaco to find out for you?

Maybe you are asking of the wrong itinerary.

I have tried to ascertain from external sources namely Celebrity head office, our local RCCL office and even the local agents but cant get a reply. I would like if possible if someone could ask at Guest relations or Excursions where in Monaco the ship will tender into. I am hopeful that someone onboard will be able to answer my question.

Even if your cruise had a Monaco stopover the tenders would probably go into Port Hercule but rumours circulating back to me indicate that the tenders may go elsewhere making distances further to travel to get into Monte Carlo

Cost is $55. US pp – for 16 people

Guide will be at Cruise Ship Terminal front exit door at 8am with sign “Ann Thompson”

Pick up time 8 am return to dock 3pm

The tour will start with the Grand Mosque,

This architectural work of art is one the world’s largest mosques, with a capacity for an astonishing 40,000 worshipers. It features 82 domes, over a 1,000 columns, 24 carat gold gilded chandeliers and the world's largest hand knotted carpet. The main prayer hall is dominated by one of the world’s largest chandeliers –10 metres in diameter, 15 metres in height and weighing twelve tonnes. The mosque's first ceremony was the funeral of its namesake, Sheikh Zayed, who is buried at the site.

Reflective pools surround the mosque, amplifying its beauty. The striking white and gold colours shining in the sun are transformed at night by a unique lightning system which reflects the phases of the moon.

Visit the local SOUK; Known for their bustling atmosphere, eccentric variety and for giving an authentic flavour of Arabic culture, the souks of the United Arab Emirates are truly a sight to behold.

Heritage village. - Run by the Emirates Heritage Club, this reconstruction of a traditional oasis village provides an interesting glimpse into the emirate’s past.

Traditional aspects of the desert way of life, including a campfire with coffee pots, a goats’ hair tent, and a falaj irrigation system, are attractively displayed in the open museum.

There are workshops where craftsmen demonstrate traditional skills, such as metal work and pottery, while women sit weaving and spinning. The craftsmen are happy to share their skills, and may occasionally give you the chance to try them out.

The little spice shop is a treat – you can get a range of dried herbs, handmade soap and plenty of chatter.

Here in the Heritage Village you can buy your lunch (not included in tour) if so inclined….

At a wonderful buffet restaurant Al Asalah

Return to dock at 3 pm

e951fe44e9dc23b895b23f1b882412d6.jpg

f0ec9a0cebb001d4d9e04b7867bf8060.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

April 18 - Wonderful relaxing day at sea

I always find it interesting to see the change in demographics on each cruise. There are about 300 B2B's aboard. My totally unscientific demographics - At muster drill I would have thought the ship was 90% British. When I went to the Gym early this morning it was about 90% Chinese. I am going to have to take awhile to give a good projection of the passenger mix.

Next stop will be Muscat. We are going to be staying aboard for the day. As we are starting to look a bit shabby I booked Haircuts for tomorrow on the special port day discounted rate.

I've heard something about a fire in the engine room. What happened?

We were at lunch about 1:30 and an announcement 'BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO CREW MEMBERS REPORT TO STATIONS (XXX don't recall the code for location) THIS IS NOT A DRILL". About 15-20 minutes later the Captain came on the PA - "LADY AND GENTLEMEN THIS IS THE CAPTAIN, I WANTED TO REPORT TO YOU THAT WE HAD A SMALL FIRE ABOARD IN THE INCINERATION CHIMNEY. THE CREW QUICKLY EXTINQUISHED IT AND THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT".

We are currently at the closet point between Iran and Oman would not have been a good location for a serious problem. The staff handled it excellently.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Thank you so much. I will be doing this cruise in opposite direction Jan 2019.

I will definitely revert back to all the info you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems ages ago since our last one :).

Seems ages ago since our last one :).

Yes it does. My sister and I are doing the Greek Isles on NCL SPIRIT end of June. It will be her first cruise and my second not cruising SOLO. Hopefully I can adapt to sharing. After that no definite cruise plans until 2019.

Hope all of you are well, and please send me info on INDIA as you get it.

This confirms what I expected another travel from port experience.

Muscat, Oman 4/19

Back in Muscat today. We have decided to stay aboard and get our hair cut as we are starting to get shabby. Temp is to be 100 today and dry.

The gym was empty this morning.

8c94d82cc146e382ec7fbf111be8e0f9.jpg

f1bf7670c3efdfc1a08840ce3a4c3dee.jpg

Wait for that .... ;p

Safe-Haven_0001.jpg

I often see that when Photobucket server is glitching (if that's a word). Usually comes back after a day or so. Usually the ones from CC Forum work well.

Thank you so much. I will be doing this cruise in opposite direction Jan 2019.

I will definitely revert back to all the info you posted.

Thanks for following. I am enjoying posting as my kids and family are also following. I really appreciate others posts as it helps us with our planning.