Half Day in Barcelona, How Would You Spend It?

PaulInPGH

Going to be in Barcelona for the first time this September. We've booked a half day city tour, but this leaves us with 4-5 hours post-tour. Any ideas on what to do for a few hours? I'm thinking we'll need to grab a bite to eat, since lunch won't be included on our tour, but other than that I don't really have any ideas.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

You might like to take a stroll along Las Ramblas, the famous pedestrian promenade in the heart of the city. If you are to, climb up the Christopher Columbus Monument at the foot that boulevard and enjoy the view! The shuttle to the cruise port departs from this area of town.

http://cruiseports.ca/spain/barcelona-cruise-port.html

If your tour only does a drive of Sagrada Familia, I would go back there for a closer look. You might still have time to walk the Ramblas. Personally, if I only have 4 -5 hours in a place, I do not want to use too much of that eating. I would go for something quick to eat and some Gelato.

• 4 weeks later...

We have a 1/2 day city tour with Barcelona Day Tours in October. After the tour they are dropping us off at Sagrada Familia to do the inside and will then take a taxi or metro to Placa Catalunya to walk down Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter. Pre-purchase tickets for the Sagrada Familia.

Rick

We also did half day tour which was great, I would just wait and go back to what interested you the most since you do not spend that much time any one place, several people from our group did the inside tour of Sagrada Famila and were disappointed. Barcelona is a truly beautiful city , we also found it very cheap to eat and drink

We also did half day tour which was great, I would just wait and go back to what interested you the most since you do not spend that much time any one place, several people from our group did the inside tour of Sagrada Famila and were disappointed. Barcelona is a truly beautiful city , we also found it very cheap to eat and drink

Disappointed? May I ask why? We found it simply fascinating. We used the audio guide. Sixty minutes did a report on it too. I'm sure it's some place on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Disappointed? May I ask why? We found it simply fascinating. We used the audio guide. Sixty minutes did a report on it too. I'm sure it's some place on YouTube.

I'll second the question. I cannot imagine being "disappointed" after visiting the inside of La Sagrada Familia. I'd only be "disappointed' in not being able to spend enough time there! It's totally magnificent. Or were they disappointed in a tour guide? No tour needed; DIY.

Sagrada%20inside%201024x820_zps1tbscawn.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

We have a 1/2 day city tour with Barcelona Day Tours in October. After the tour they are dropping us off at Sagrada Familia to do the inside and will then take a taxi or metro to Placa Catalunya to walk down Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter. Pre-purchase tickets for the Sagrada Familia.

Rick

That's an excellent plan, enjoy! (Are you getting on a ship that day? You might be a little pressed for time.)

Port day.

No need to tell you then to be mindful of your time. :) But you've planned the direction of travel well, as you are heading back towards the ship during the afternoon. Along La Rambla, don't miss La Boqueria!

Have a great trip!

No need to tell you then to be mindful of your time. :) But you've planned the direction of travel well, as you are heading back towards the ship during the afternoon. Along La Rambla, don't miss La Boqueria!

Have a great trip!

Have a fruit juice for me!

IMG_0897_zpsa94f3a35.jpg

Have a great trip!

We really wanted to go to La Boqueria, but unfortunately we'll be in Barcelona on a Sunday and it will be closed.

We were hoping to find a tasty lunch at some point, but I've read a lot of warnings not to eat anywhere on La Rambla (too touristy). For those of you who've been, can you recommend any area we can get to by foot walking from La Rambla where we might find a nice spot for a bite?

Cheers.