Your assistance with a few questions- thank you

irenedee

We are considering our first Oceania Cruise and I've been unable to find the answers to my questions just browsing on the Oceania Web page

Does the included flight also include transportation from the airport to the port

We may not want to purchase a beverage package can anyone point me to a link that shows prices for wine and beer when paying outside of a package

With thanks for your kind assistance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

True about the transportation from air to ship. We usually take a deviation and go in early to the port, then take a cab to the ship. Likewise we tend to stay on in the debarkation port and do it on our own.

The ship charges for transfers are extremely high, my opinon is that you are better off doing it on your own UNLESS you are going into an airport that is a long distance from the ship.

As to liquor, there are prices available -- I just don't have the links available. No doubt someone else will chime in.

HOWEVER.

We don't drink that much, don't go to the bars, maybe I will have wine with dinner. We prefer to bring a bottle or two on board for consumption in our room (no charge), and sometimes a bottle or two of wine. Others have brought on cases of wine. If you have the wine in a public venue there is a $25 corkage fee but if you don't finish the bottle they will hold it for you for the next dinner. No charge if you consume the wine or booze in your room.

For us, $60/day pp it's not worth it to us. For many others who will have wine or beer with lunch, then maybe another around the pool in the afternoon, then cocktails before dinner ... well, you can see how it can add up! And if you want high-priced liquors (by the cocktail), those can be included in the package.

But if you are like us -- a drink in our room and then wine with dinner, the package isn't worth it.

If you do a search (and others will probably chime in) you can find a price list for drinks. It's much like having a cocktail or glass of wine in a fine restaurant -- much more than you would pay if you bought the bottle and took it home!

Mura

If you buy a pre-trip hotel package or are on a cruise with the 3 night pre or post cruise hotel package, then you do get airport transfers-but the timing may or may not be convenient.

Well you get the airport transfers, but you are still paying for them + more.

You can do all this on your own much cheaper. Except for the flights, then sometimes you can do that.