Koningsdam Promenade Deck Video Tour

GoProCruiser

Hi everyone! When I was onboard the Koningsdam, I decided to film what the Promenade Deck is like. I know there are others like me who love the Promenade Deck and are curious as to what exactly the Promenade Deck is like on the Koningsdam. Hopefully this video helps with giving you a better idea. Hope you enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for your fine video!!!

Still what I have always enjoyed is my time walking and seeing the ocean at sea!!! I am not a fan of where the life boats are as well as no deck chairs! So enjoyed sitting out on the promenade and the wide decks.

Appreciated your detailed video and I will be on The Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, or other ships with their wide promenades.

Denise:)

Thank you, once again, Scott for your Kdam video! Really gave us a sense of what to expect in 3 weeks. I don't think that the promenade deck dimensions will be of any concern to us.....looks just fine!

Looks fine to me as we always have a veranda to sit on and we just enjoy walking around to Promenade in the evening. Big open Promenade decks are nice but unfortunately don't generate any revenue to balance out the very low per diems on the staterooms. Same reason airlines have squeezed one or two more rows of seats in leaving no leg room for all.

At one point there was a daily charge for the deck chairs on the Promenade (as I recall on some ships into the 80's). Some Carnival ships have blocked off sections of the promenade for exclusive use by stateroom categories. Others put bars and restaurants out there. Many have eliminated it altogether. We are paying close to the same prices we paid in the 80's and 90's for many of our cruises - didn't see $299 7 night cruises back then. As I recall back then Motel 6 meant $6 rooms.