Harmony Trivia -anchor chain length?

Does any trivia buff know the length of the anchor chains on HOTS?

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

There was a similar question that the Captain posed to us at the Meet & Mingle. How many links are in the chains on the Harmony? Whoever could give him the correct answer would win a "very nice" bottle of wine. No one at the M&M had the answer.

About five to ten times the water depth so they'd need at least enough to cover max likely water depth.

I don't know what the maximum depth for safe anchoring would be tho', assuming sea bed was suitable.

We have confirmed that there are 14 shackles (a measure of anchor chain length) on both anchors. In case Captain asks again... :)

We have confirmed that there are 14 shackles (a measure of anchor chain length) on both anchors. In case Captain asks again... :)

A "shot" or "shackle" of chain is 15 fathoms or 90 feet. For those into nautical trivia, a "fathom" was originally defined as "the length of a 'swain's arms about the object of his affection" (a sailor's arms around his girl), or 6 feet.

Sending this from the HOTS as we cruise toward Labadee. Very windy off the Cuban coast which is starting to come into view.

Last night there was a trivia contest in the Schooner; 15 questions and I'm sorry that none of them were about the anchor chain length. Maybe today. But if you knew the largest country on the planet or in which city the Summer Olympics enjoyed the highest elevation or which country's national anthem is the longest then you'd be well on your way to winning another Crown and Anchor logo key chain.

Sending this from the HOTS as we cruise toward Labadee. Very windy off the Cuban coast which is starting to come into view.

Last night there was a trivia contest in the Schooner; 15 questions and I'm sorry that none of them were about the anchor chain length. Maybe today. But if you knew the largest country on the planet or in which city the Summer Olympics enjoyed the highest elevation or which country's national anthem is the longest then you'd be well on your way to winning another Crown and Anchor logo key chain.

I'm thinking the highest elevation for a summer olympics would have been Mexico City 68.

I'm thinking the highest elevation for a summer olympics would have been Mexico City 68.

You should have been here last night and then you could have answered the "What South American city was named after a city in Italy?" question, too.:)