Brickell Restaurant Recommendations

MistyRo76

We are staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites in the Brickell section of downtown Miami prior to our cruise in November. We've never stayed in this area before as we typically stay at the Intercontinental and walk down to the Bayside area. Looking forward to venturing out and exploring a new part of town! Looking for some restaurant recommendations that are within walking distance to our hotel. We'll have a 3 year old with us, so somewhere kid-friendly and not too expensive. But still want to try something nice and not a chain restaurant. My husband loves Latin food, especially Cuban. So that would be a good option...but also open to other types of food as well!

TIA :)

We are staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites in the Brickell section of downtown Miami prior to our cruise in November. We've never stayed in this area before as we typically stay at the Intercontinental and walk down to the Bayside area. Looking forward to venturing out and exploring a new part of town! Looking for some restaurant recommendations that are within walking distance to our hotel. We'll have a 3 year old with us, so somewhere kid-friendly and not too expensive. But still want to try something nice and not a chain restaurant. My husband loves Latin food, especially Cuban. So that would be a good option...but also open to other types of food as well!

TIA :)

We have plenty of options here in Brickell!

If you want Cuban, Havana 1957 is a short walk away on South Miami Ave. You would basically make a right out of your hotel, at the corner make a right and its not far past the next traffic light where the SLS hotel is. Cross South Miami Ave at this light as it's on the opposite side of the street.

http://havana1957.com

At Mary Brickell Village, you have Fado's Irish Pub which has good food, Burger & Beer Joint, Rosa Mexicano and a PF Chang's. Toscana Divino is my favorite Italian place but I'm not sure if you would want to eat here with a 3 year old. I realize that all are chains with the exception of Toscana Divino but that's what is located there. There is also a peruvian restaurant which I know gets great reviews, I just never at there so hesitate to recommend it for that reason.

River Oyster Bar is a great place for seafood and I do see children in here quite often., Another Italian option is Perricones or Vapiano's which is on Brickell Ave is excellent. Vapiano's is a perfect place for kids. Their pasta is made fresh daily so I love it here. Both River Oyster and Perricone's are locally owned places.

Service can sometimes be spotty at Batch Gastropub which is basically at the bottom of your hotel and it will get crowded if there is a sports event on. Good food though. Not a chain and locally owned.

Coyo Taco is on the corner of the street your hotel is on. Simple and good food. You basically order at the counter and grab a table. Great tacos!

We have plenty of options here in Brickell!

If you want Cuban, Havana 1957 is a short walk away on South Miami Ave. You would basically make a right out of your hotel, at the corner make a right and its not far past the next traffic light where the SLS hotel is. Cross South Miami Ave at this light as it's on the opposite side of the street.

http://havana1957.com

At Mary Brickell Village, you have Fado's Irish Pub which has good food, Burger & Beer Joint, Rosa Mexicano and a PF Chang's. Toscana Divino is my favorite Italian place but I'm not sure if you would want to eat here with a 3 year old. I realize that all are chains with the exception of Toscana Divino but that's what is located there. There is also a peruvian restaurant which I know gets great reviews, I just never at there so hesitate to recommend it for that reason.

River Oyster Bar is a great place for seafood and I do see children in here quite often., Another Italian option is Perricones or Vapiano's which is on Brickell Ave is excellent. Vapiano's is a perfect place for kids. Their pasta is made fresh daily so I love it here. Both River Oyster and Perricone's are locally owned places.

Service can sometimes be spotty at Batch Gastropub which is basically at the bottom of your hotel and it will get crowded if there is a sports event on. Good food though. Not a chain and locally owned.

Coyo Taco is on the corner of the street your hotel is on. Simple and good food. You basically order at the counter and grab a table. Great tacos!

Thanks so much! That Havana restaurant looks like it will fit the bill perfectly! Appreciate all of the options!

Thanks so much! That Havana restaurant looks like it will fit the bill perfectly! Appreciate all of the options!

Glad that works!

I live extremely close so any other questions, please feel free to ask!

We spent a pre-cruise night at this Hampton Inn in January, and had a very nice dinner at Perricone's.

We tried to have a meal earlier in the day at Batch Gastropub downstairs, and although it was not busy at all, we could not even get anyone to acknowledge our existence. Life is too short to patronize places like that.

We tried to have a meal earlier in the day at Batch Gastropub downstairs, and although it was not busy at all, we could not even get anyone to acknowledge our existence. Life is too short to patronize places like that.

Welcome to Miami! Home of the worst customer service on the planet!