P&o uk past passenger discount - not applicable to australians & new zealanders.

G'day again, for the information of Aussies and Kiwis booking P&O UK cruises...The past passenger discount of 5% does not apply to us. Only British Citizens/Residents get it. Their website says nothing about non Brits being declined the discounts. We do get their Peninsular Club stuff, i.e. Mediterranean Level - 8.5% discount on tours/on board spend, etc. But not the discount on cruise prurchase.

We have done 4 cruises with P&O UK in the past few years, Arcadia x 2, Aurora and Oriana.

I have booked 2 cruises B2B on Adonia next year. As we cannot book direct with P&O UK, your booking goes through your agent/P&O Australia to P&O UK. So they declined to apply the discounts, which in our case for two lengthy cruises amounted to around $1,000.:loudcry:

So be warned people.

A bit poor, what say ye? :evilsmile:

G'day again, for the information of Aussies and Kiwis booking P&O UK cruises...The past passenger discount of 5% does not apply to us. Only British Citizens/Residents get it. Their website says nothing about non Brits being declined the discounts. We do get their Peninsular Club stuff, i.e. Mediterranean Level - 8.5% discount on tours/on board spend, etc. But not the discount on cruise prurchase.

We have done 4 cruises with P&O UK in the past few years, Arcadia x 2, Aurora and Oriana.

I have booked 2 cruises B2B on Adonia next year. As we cannot book direct with P&O UK, your booking goes through your agent/P&O Australia to P&O UK. So they declined to apply the discounts, which in our case for two lengthy cruises amounted to around $1,000.:loudcry:

So be warned people.

Agree, sounds mean spirited.

Why did you have to book via P&O Australia, rather than P&O UK, as they are different cruise lines? Would it have been different if you had booked direct with P&O UK?

When I cruised with Princess, they gave me recognition for the number of days with P&O UK credit towards my status level.

Sad, the only time yas all want to be pommies is when ya want the discount, rest of the time yas knock them.

But on a lighter note, we will get the discount as we have a Certificate of Patriality. Quite nice really.

But you are not British Residents, are you British Citizens? From ye olde First Fleet? :p

Agree, sounds mean spirited.

Why did you have to book via P&O Australia, rather than P&O UK, as they are different cruise lines? Would it have been different if you had booked direct with P&O UK?

When I cruised with Princess, they gave me recognition for the number of days with P&O UK credit towards my status level.

Aussies cannot book direct with P&O UK, have to go through P and O Australia or Aussie T/A. If you go to P&O UK site, try to make a booking it refers you to P and O OZ or an agent. Yes, Princess days include P&O UK days, but not vice versa,

So be warned people.

While it is shabby treatment for past passengers in this regard, it is actually quite common for a region to offer discounts for select groups. In the US they have discounts just for people from certain states. I think in today's age of global advertising and access, it is poor all around.

Aussies cannot book direct with P&O UK, have to go through P and O Australia or Aussie T/A. If you go to P&O UK site, try to make a booking it refers you to P and O OZ or an agent. Yes, Princess days include P&O UK days, but not vice versa,

The same applies for P&O Australia days being included in Princess's Captain's Circle.

I am doing my first P&O UK cruise on Adonia - Les disembarks and we embark at Southampton. Glad you lot have confirmed Princess recognises our status with P&O UK which takes us to Elite. I actually rang the number on the P&O UK site (for Australians to ring) which took me to the Philipines. The lady said my P&O UK cruising does not add to our Princess points - so she was wrong. The price for a cruise on Adonia (British Isles) and then Ventura (Norway) in July was not too bad. I guess Brexit is working for us price wise with the exchange rate.

So Les what is the Peninsula Club?

Rosie

But you are not British Residents, are you British Citizens? From ye olde First Fleet? :p

Buggered if I know Uncle Les, but have this sticker in mah pass-port.

Great, grand, and parents.

Might be special dispensation for special people, not sure.

I have not been with P&O UK since the Grand Event cruise in 2012. It was a great line and had its ups and downs but it always catered to the British to the exclusion of all others. Americans were not made to feel welcome in the sense that the ships operated in pounds sterling as the currency and the food was tailored to British tastes opposed to American. When I started cruising with them they had the silver service in the dining rooms and it was traditional dining as the ships catered to under 2,000 passengers.

I always had to book through the Australian office. The P&O office in Australia has always been our local office for P&O and Princess, it was never an exclusive office for P&O Australia.

I would expect the prices I see on their website to apply to us. If you do a cruise search on their main website then the final price is what I would expect to pay. Definitely no online booking for their cruises.

If you can pick up a paper brochure where it specifically has discounts for Australians published then you will get a discount. The paper brochures that I used to always get in Australian dollars always offered something like 30% discount for early booking and past passengers discount.

If I were to ring up and there was no longer a past passenger discount then it is not much intensive to go with them. Incidentally I moved on to Princess because when I did a South America cruise in 2014 Princess just happened to have an itinerary that visited Argentina, P&O UK skip this country.

I am doing my first P&O UK cruise on Adonia - Les disembarks and we embark at Southampton. Glad you lot have confirmed Princess recognises our status with P&O UK which takes us to Elite. I actually rang the number on the P&O UK site (for Australians to ring) which took me to the Philipines. The lady said my P&O UK cruising does not add to our Princess points - so she was wrong. The price for a cruise on Adonia (British Isles) and then Ventura (Norway) in July was not too bad. I guess Brexit is working for us price wise with the exchange rate.

So Les what is the Peninsula Club?

Rosie

Have a read of the site, but it is P&O UK loyalty scheme, similar to Princess You go to different tiers dependent on number of P&O UK days you have. We are Mediterranean Tier, which gives us 8.5% off shorex and on board spending, Capts Cocktail party...wait for it...pair of cabin slippers and complimentary glass of bubbly at Sailaway party. And so it goes up through Baltic/Ligurian tier, half price laundry, internet, 10% discount on board, lunch with senior officers etc. This morning I did my price research, prices on P&O UK to us here are a little lower than they are in the UK, so I will settle down a bit.:halo:

Yes our previous 4 cruises on P&O UK (Arcadia x 2, Aurora and Oriana) as well as the two future ones on Adonia are all listed on our Princess Captains Circle Account.

Edited by NSWP

Book a

With a UK Travell Agent[/quote

Does not work, a Brit T/A will take your booking first up but then it is rejected by P&O UK and you are directed to book through P&O Australia and/or an Australian T/A. All about protecting the local travel industry.:eek:

Book a

With a UK Travell Agent[/quote

Does not work, a Brit T/A will take your booking first up but then it is rejected by P&O UK and you are directed to book through P&O Australia and/or an Australian T/A. All about protecting the local travel industry.:eek:

Did the changes occur recently Les, we have just returned from 35 nights onboard Oceana I booked late last year with the Scottish online agency that I used for a previous PO UK cruise. The booking was accepted by PO UK under our loyalty # and they know exactly where we live :p .... was only the agency that required a local address for their records which was no problem I gave them my sons which they were happy with :D:D

Did the changes occur recently Les, we have just returned from 35 nights onboard Oceana I booked late last year with the Scottish online agency that I used for a previous PO UK cruise. The booking was accepted by PO UK under our loyalty # and they know exactly where we live :p .... was only the agency that required a local address for their records which was no problem I gave them my sons which they were happy with :D:D

Not sure if it has changed, but if you gave a UK address, they might take your booking. :hearteyes:

Not sure if it has changed, but if you gave a UK address, they might take your booking. :hearteyes:

Just use this one, I have in the past just not for cruise bookings.

1St Floor, Paddington Station, London Xgl W2 1RH

How about - 85 Albert Embankment, London Greater London SE1 7TP

Got me there Uncle Mic, New Scotland Yard perhaps ? or MI6 ?:p

I think I will have my UK address as Windsor Castle, Windsor, Berkshire, UK.:eek:

OR perhaps, 10 Downing Street, Ye Olde London Town.

Got me there Uncle Mic, New Scotland Yard perhaps ? or MI6 ?:p

I think I will have my UK address as Windsor Castle, Windsor, Berkshire, UK.:eek:

OR perhaps, 10 Downing Street, Ye Olde London Town.

Riverside or Thames side, otherwise known as MI5 or MI6 building.