2 shore excursions in one day?

moongal

Has anyone ever booked more than 1 shore excursion for one day in one port?

I want to book a Carnival excursion that is stating it is 3 hrs long and will start at 9:30 am. We will be in Port (Cozumel) from 9 am till 6 pm. I was wanting to head out to Nachi Cocum beach after the 3 hr excursion with Carnival but just am apprehensive about the time factor. I am terrified of missing the ship as I do not fly, but don't want to head back to the ship after only 3 hrs of fun.

Does this sound doable? I already reserved my Nachi Cocum spot, but really want to do something a little more than sitting on beach all day.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is the shore excursion? I agree, I don't book ship excursions partly because they are usually expensive for a short amount of time. Is the activity in the shore excursion something you can do on your own? But either way, you can certainly do both if you want, just be sure to be back at the ship by 5 so plan out what time you'll need to catch a taxi back to the ship and whether or not that gives you enough time at the beach.

I'm afraid for some reason I won't be able to get a taxi back. I am not well traveled, have only ridden in a cab once in my life, mostly just been a stay at home mom my entire adult life and we did not travel any when the kids were little. They are almost grown now, so are doing more. I was thinking of doing the Americas cup sailing race excursion, but if Nachi Cocum has all that to do (banana boat etc) as someone stated above then I think I will just go there. I'm not into shopping at all so didn't want to spend time doing that. Has anyone ever had trouble getting a taxi back?

I know there are 3 piers (or docks?) that cruise ships stop at in Cozumel, how do you know which one you are at? On our last cruise when we stopped in Cozumel I didn't see a pier name anywhere. Just went thru some little building (more like a gauntlet!) of stuff to buy and then came out in some kind of little town area with nothing but shops. But I didn't see any pier name. How will I know what pier the taxi should take us back to?

If you're afraid, it's for a good reason. Can't do everything every port stop. Need to choose. Could do your morning tour. Does it stop in town? If so, walk around. Another port can be your beach day.

We'd only do two excursions like this if we have a long port stay i.e. Overnight in Puerto Vallarta or morning tour then luau in Hawaii.

Do both! Don't worry about finding a cab. These people in the area know the ship schedule (what days they are in port and aproximate times). There will be cabs at the beach all over. They want your money. If you can't find one go into any shop and ask them if they know of a cabbie, I guarantee you can find someone who wants to make their friend some cash. It's a lot easier to find them than you expect.

Has anyone ever had trouble getting a taxi back?

I know there are 3 piers (or docks?) that cruise ships stop at in Cozumel, how do you know which one you are at? On our last cruise when we stopped in Cozumel I didn't see a pier name anywhere. Just went thru some little building (more like a gauntlet!) of stuff to buy and then came out in some kind of little town area with nothing but shops. But I didn't see any pier name. How will I know what pier the taxi should take us back to?

If you are at Nachi, you will have no problem getting a taxi. Your beach waiter will line one up for you. They don't want you camping out on the beach overnight, so the people who work there make sure there are plenty of taxis! Also, the taxi drivers know which ship is in which pier. You just need to tell them which ship you are returning to and you will get there. We've been to Cozumel probably 15 times. The people there make it so easy. They depend on tourism and see thousands of tourists each day. They know what they are doing and how to get you where you need to go. (and they don't want you to miss the ship either. They want to go home at the end of the day!)

The OP already has a deposited reservation at Nachi, which for those who don't know is a great AI that runs about 60 bucks. If she does the Americas Cup race excursion she will only have time at Nachi for about 3 1/2 hours. Leave the ship about 930 after the first rush of people get off, get a taxi to Nachi, possibly with someone else from your roll call that might be going there. This way your taxi anxiety will be quelled and you can share the taxi cost. At Nachi get yourself a beach massage, enjoy the drinks, lunch, pool, etc and then later on get a taxi back to the ship.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Thank you everyone. I think I will take your advice and just do the Nachi beach visit. Hope it lives up to its reputation! [emoji4]

Good Decision!

By trying to do too much you may not fully enjoy anything. ;)

Thank you everyone. I think I will take your advice and just do the Nachi beach visit. Hope it lives up to its reputation! [emoji4]

It's a great place...Used to be limited to just 100 guests per day, but they recently expanded down the beach and the limit is up to 130. Great off the menu food instead of buffet, pool, beach, included drinks. It's a great day. Like I mentioned before, quell your taxi fears and see if someone else from your roll call is going to share a cab with

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app