boarding with different crown and anchor levels in the party

Hi!

There will be 11 of us going on the Allure in June for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. We have all different levels in our party: 2 platinum, 4 gold (one has a cane), and 5 never cruised with royal before. Will they allow us to board together, or will we be separated when we enter the port for check in that morning? We like to get there really early...like 9:45am. TIA

We only had four in our party.....we are Diamond....they were gold. We asked but were told "no" in Canaveral and we were fine with that.

We could see them the whole time and were only two minutes ahead so we just waited and walked in together.

Like Bob said, they might let you all board together. When we were Diamond and my brother was Gold, he always got to board with us.

For the Allure, boarding is very efficient and you won't wait in a line long, anyway, even if they check in separately. You can also opt to stay with them.

We could not last year when we boarded the Allure, all of us (15) had to sit in new members area and wait to be called, we could of got on ship alot earlier if we would of boarded on our own, and they were very strict about it.

I would wait until later to arrive...at least 11am, so that boarding will be starting. They won't allow the lower levels to wait with the higher levels, but if boarding has started, you are likely to be allowed to go thru the same line together.

I would wait until later to arrive...at least 11am, so that boarding will be starting. They won't allow the lower levels to wait with the higher levels, but if boarding has started, you are likely to be allowed to go thru the same line together.

We had a party of 6 in Galveston last October, 2 Emerald, 2 Platinum, and 2 newbies. We were all directed into the Emerald seating area, which we thought was nice of them to allow. YMMV, obviously.

It depends on the port and personnel. In January on Allure we had no problem with our group of 7 ( 4 diamond, 1 plantinum and 2 on their first cruise) all checking in together and then all waiting in the diamond area until the ship began boarding.

Hope we get the same port personnel for our upcoming Allure cruise in May. We've got 10, and we're the ones with the highest loyalty level. Celebrating a 65th wedding anniversary of my brother's in laws. We cruised with them on the Allure three years ago, and they let them all come into the Diamond area with us. That was only 6 then. We've added to our group. :)

If not, we'll not split up from the group. The whole point is great family time. :)

Just returned from the Harmony, we are Diamond and our BIL/SIL are gold. When we checked in we were asked how many in our party, 4 we said. I did tell them the C&A levels. they told us stay together. Again when we went up to sit we were again told to stay together in the Diamona area. We thought very nice of them. Don't expect it to work this way all the time though.

It really don't matter and nobody will care.

Just have everyone go to the same level, the one with the highest status.

Platinum & Gold are not really anything special.

Just "feel-good" status to make you cruise more to achieve a higher status.

I have recently learned people actually cruise just to achieve a higher status....

We just got off the Harmony on Saturday. My parents are platinum and my family of 4 is gold. They had us all go with the platinum folks. They were just boarding platinum when we walked up so we never had to break stride. Perfect timing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi!

There will be 11 of us going on the Allure in June for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. We have all different levels in our party: 2 platinum, 4 gold (one has a cane), and 5 never cruised with royal before. Will they allow us to board together, or will we be separated when we enter the port for check in that morning? We like to get there really early...like 9:45am. TIA

9:45 is really early and the doors to security and check in may not be opened yet. There will be more people waiting in line. Not really pushing and shoving but when the doors open everyone wants to be first in line. Also in Ft. Lauderdale where you board the Allure, you check in by deck number. And also please remember actual boarding will not start until close to 11:00. Sometimes a couple minutes earlier but not much.

Will you be traveling in a Suite? It would be easier to check in as a group if you are in a suite and even then it is split into 3 different groups.

The later you head to the port, even by an hour or so, the easier it would be to stay together.