Various Crown Princess Question

dnmc

DH and I are looking forward to sailing on the Crown Princess soon and have a few questions. We hope this Princess experts and this community can help ...

1. Is specialty dining available on embarkation day? I don't see an option to book them in the Cruise Personalizer.
  2. Is the Salty Dog Gastropub available on this ship? The website says so in the fine print (http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/the-salty-dog-gastropub/) but I can't find it on the deck plans and can't seem to book it in my Cruise Personalizer.
  3. Is there a good bar on board with a good selection of whiskeys? This whiskey bar menu (http://www.princess.com/images/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/speciality-dining/the-salty-dog/whiskey-menu.pdf) looks great but this one is linked from the Salty Dog page and we're not sure if the selection would be available elsewhere.
  4. Are the pools heated? We're going on a northern Europe itinerary and it may be a bit cool outdoors. I don't believe there's an indoor pool on the Crown Princess.

Thanks in advance to all those providing answers and info!

DH and I are looking forward to sailing on the Crown Princess soon and have a few questions. We hope this Princess experts and this community can help ...

1. Is specialty dining available on embarkation day? I don't see an option to book them in the Cruise Personalizer.

Yes, pre booking has been hit and miss pre cruise, mostly miss. Times are usually limited to 4 slots 5:45/7:30 etc.

I would rather they did not do pre booking so I can use my OBC onboard to pay for them.

1. Is the Salty Dog Gastropub available on this ship? The website says so in the fine print (http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/the-salty-dog-gastropub/) but I can't find it on the deck plans and can't seem to book it in my Cruise Personalizer.

It has been set up in the Wheelhouse Bar.

A WORLDWIDE WHISKEY ADVENTURE*

From Scotland and Ireland to America and Canada, and onward to Australia, New Zealand and Japan, the distiller's art takes many global forms. You can explore them all from an expansive new international Whiskey Bar Menu available at The Salty Dog Gastropub and on other select ships*. Single malts and blends. Bourbons and ryes. Award winners, plus new and noteworthy discoveries. Sip a glass of an old favorite. Or try a flight that transports you to a world of fresh experiences.

The fine print says.......^The Salty Dog Gastropub is now available on Crown Princess, Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess.

1. Is there a good bar on board with a good selection of whiskeys? This whiskey bar menu (http://www.princess.com/images/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/speciality-dining/the-salty-dog/whiskey-menu.pdf) looks great but this one is linked from the Salty Dog page and we're not sure if the selection would be available elsewhere.

Wheelhouse Bar.

1. Are the pools heated? We're going on a northern Europe itinerary and it may be a bit cool outdoors. I don't believe there's an indoor pool on the Crown Princess.

Princess pools are not heated. They are fresh water though.

Thanks in advance to all those providing answers and info!

See above in red.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Most of the ships we've been on the pool outside Lotus Spa is usually at least warm and sometimes very warm.

Is the spa pool accessible to everyone or only for spa clients?

You received all correct answers from Colo Cruiser. When we were onboard 2 weeks ago, the forward spa pool was having some work done on it / it's showers, but it IS accessible to non-spa-goers.

Yes, it is available the first evening.

The reason it is not available for pre-cruise booking is that those in full suites get a free specialty restaurant dinner the first evening. However, once you board you can go there and make a reservation as they usually will have space for those not in full suites.

We were on the Crown for 43 days in Nov/Dec and never saw the Salty Dog offered. ???

The Salty Dog was on the Crown in the Wheelhouse Bar when we boarded on December 4th. During our 31 day cruise, Princess reduced the price from $19 to $12 - I'm not sure if that was a permanent price reduction or not. Our party of 4 liked the food well enough but I will never return unless they get some reasonable seating. With the exception of a small area with limited seating around a coffee table or two, all the other tables and chairs where counter height. I use a cane and when we made the reservation I was assured that they had at least one 'regular' height table. When we arrived, the host pointed to the coffee table area where I could sit but if I wanted to eat dinner off a coffee table I could do that at home. Getting on and off the counter height chair was difficult and we never returned - nor will we go to it on another ship until if and when they have some reasonable seating.

We were on the Crown for 43 days in Nov/Dec and never saw the Salty Dog offered. ???

Most of the ships we've been on the pool outside Lotus Spa is usually at least warm and sometimes very warm.

I was on the 28 day portion of your 43 days. Salty Dog was in the Wheelhouse every night. We never ate there but did go into the Wheelhouse a few times when exiting the Princess theater or to see the singer. Very few people were eating in there.