What drinks are available with the refreshment package?

Prior to our March 26th sailing on the Allure we upgraded from the Beverage Package to the Refreshment Package. We were a little disappointed at the selection of non alcoholic beverages available. We obtained some bottled waters but we could (and did) get more water from the Freestyle machines. All the juices I found on the ship were complimentary. While I did enjoy the odd cappuccino and mocha but I would have been better off just getting a coffee card. When I asked at various venues what was available the best we were offered were mocktails which aren't really our thing.

So the question is, what beverages do you refreshment package users obtain to justify the package? We're especially interested in drinks available on the Serenade.

The same things are complimentary on all RCI ships. Ice water,, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade or flavored water, milk and juice at breakfast. If you want something other than those, you will either need to buy them as you go, or get some sort of package....depending on how much of those "extras" you will drink! If you will only drink 1 specialty coffee per day, then buy as you go. Packages are best if you guzzle all day, every day!

Very easy for us to justify. We start our day with a Mocha and a fresh squeezed orange juice. We grab a bottle of water as we head back to our cabin after breakfast. We drink seltzer or diet coke with lunch. Usually a few bottles of water as the day goes by. We will have a soda or cappuccino with dinner along with a couple of bottles of San Pelligrino, instead of tap water. I might have a virgin frozen lemonade later in the night, but usually stick to San Pelligrino. We will grab a bottle of water to take back to the cabin at the end of the day.

Price works for us since we have been able to get the Refreshment Package for $18 per day.

Very easy for us to justify. We start our day with a Mocha and a fresh squeezed orange juice. We grab a bottle of water as we head back to our cabin after breakfast. We drink seltzer or diet coke with lunch. Usually a few bottles of water as the day goes by. We will have a soda or cappuccino with dinner along with a couple of bottles of San Pelligrino, instead of tap water. I might have a virgin frozen lemonade later in the night, but usually stick to San Pelligrino. We will grab a bottle of water to take back to the cabin at the end of the day.

Price works for us since we have been able to get the Refreshment Package for $18 per day.

so with the refreshment package I can get a virgin frozen drink? Do I get those at the bars?

So, this is what I see so far (if not including mocktails):

Bottled water - (can get from freestyle machines with classic soda package)

"Fresh" squeeze OJ - (can get the non-fresh squeezed in mornings at various locations).

Specialty Coffees - (Get coffee card?)

Anything else?

If we do a couple of coffee's and a bottle of water each for a shore excursion or just to have handy in the room each day I guess its still an ok deal but still interested in if there are other things available like other fruit juices available in MDR (or elsewhere) or smoothies etc.

"Fresh" squeeze OJ - (can get the non-fresh squeezed in mornings at various locations).

Anything else?

If we do a couple of coffee's and a bottle of water each for a shore excursion or just to have handy in the room each day I guess its still an ok deal but still interested in if there are other things available like other fruit juices available in MDR (or elsewhere) or smoothies etc.

The water from the Freestyle machines is regular purified ship water, same as in restaurants.

The Refreshment package would give you bottled sparkling water too, usually Pellegrino.

Anything else?

The Freestyle Machines dispense filtered water, not bottled, spring water. The fresh squeezed orange juice is far superior to the flavored, orange watery stuff that comes out of the dispensers in the WJ. You seem to question the "fresh", we have always had it squeezed by the juice machines, so we know what it is.

Get what works for you, maybe it is a combination of the classic soda package and a coffee card to split between you. For me, the refreshment package is worth it on a non-port intensive cruise. My DH gets one on all cruises, I don't if we have more than three ports.

Bob - aren't smoothies also included in the Refreshment and Deluxe packages on ships with Vitality bars?:confused:

Yes, that's what has been reported. I've also read some say that protein powder is not included and others say it is included, so that may depend on whoever is making the smoothie.

Yes, that's what has been reported. I've also read some say that protein powder is not included and others say it is included, so that may depend on whoever is making the smoothie.

Oh yea! I'm so there! Thanks!:')

Where do you get the fresh squeezed orange juice and the smoothies? This would be on the Liberty of the Seas.

Fresh squeezed OJ is at Windjammer and the Main Dining Room at breakfast. You can also get fresh squeezed OJ at the Squeeze juice bar on the pool deck. I believe they have other type of drinks there, but not sure what is covered by drink packages.

I have gotten the refreshment package on my past two cruises (Freedom and Liberty) for the pure reason of getting Red Bull. I do not drink alcohol, but I do enjoy soda, specialty coffees, and red bull. The "Pineapple Blast" is my favorite, Red bull mixed with pineapple juice! I am really hoping the price drops down to $18 for my upcoming cruise 5/14 on Liberty. The current price of $26 seems far too high in my opinion.

Prior to our March 26th sailing on the Allure we upgraded from the Beverage Package to the Refreshment Package. We were a little disappointed at the selection of non alcoholic beverages available. We obtained some bottled waters but we could (and did) get more water from the Freestyle machines. All the juices I found on the ship were complimentary. While I did enjoy the odd cappuccino and mocha but I would have been better off just getting a coffee card. When I asked at various venues what was available the best we were offered were mocktails which aren't really our thing.

So the question is, what beverages do you refreshment package users obtain to justify the package? We're especially interested in drinks available on the Serenade.

Per my research for freestyle machines, Serenade does not have one. I don't know if this will help you make your decision about purchasing the refreshment package. I would love to see Serenade get the free style machines.

I drink a lot of soda and water. So when we did Oasis they had freestyle machines and i got my money's worth there. Plus bottle water, mocktails ( frozen ones) , fresh oj in the mornings, some tea and that was our money. Liberty of the seas doesn't have the machines which has me upset. I hate soda from the bar hose.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Per my research for freestyle machines, Serenade does not have one. I don't know if this will help you make your decision about purchasing the refreshment package. I would love to see Serenade get the free style machines.

Hmmm, that will indeed make a difference jrmende63. Will have to see what happens as we get closer to cruise time (only somewhere about 450 days to go :D). I wonder if they'll install some on the latest maintenance dry-dock. I wonder why some ships have it and some don't? Explorer OTS had the Freestyle machines back in 2012 and of course the Allure this past month so I assumed all the ships had them.

Hmmm, that will indeed make a difference jrmende63. Will have to see what happens as we get closer to cruise time (only somewhere about 450 days to go :D). I wonder if they'll install some on the latest maintenance dry-dock. I wonder why some ships have it and some don't? Explorer OTS had the Freestyle machines back in 2012 and of course the Allure this past month so I assumed all the ships had them.

I assumed so too. But maybe they will install one before my Feb cruise. 300 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk