# of days till your next Royal Caribbean cruise, Part 2

On 3/9/2020 at 8:43 AM, TravelMadBrits said:

Thank you 😊 my husband knows I will make up for it !! 

TravelMadBrits - My husband is a homebody so he wouldn’t be upset not to go on May 15, but it is an itinerany he has wanted for a year!  

16 hours ago, kpwhalen830 said:

13 days for Symphony 🙂

kpwhalen830 - let us know how it went when you get back!  I just got off the Symphony in Jan!!!   I loved that ship as much as Oasis!   👌

Edited by happytocruiseginny
Added a few words.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 10:37 AM, TheSteveK said:

6 days until the Empress!

are you still planning on going?  We have a trip in 58 days on the FOS and I'm starting to get a little nervous. I really want/need this trip, but....

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 12:12 PM, tanderine said:

29 days until Freedom out of San Juan. WooHoo!

Do you think RC will follow Princess and Viking and cancel trips?  Ours in on the Freedom in 58 days.  I'm worried now that it's going to get much worse before it gets better...

5 minutes ago, mugtech said:

49 days until Brilliance TA out of Tampa on 5/2/20.  Will it be cancelled?

The bigger question is whether RCCL will extend the 30 day cancellation period to 60 days.  

7 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

The bigger question is whether RCCL will extend the 30 day cancellation period to 60 days.  

Then all TA's would be passenger free to get ready for the Europe summer season.  Rather get cash than FCC anyway.

4 hours ago, mugtech said:

Then all TA's would be passenger free to get ready for the Europe summer season.  Rather get cash than FCC anyway.

I hope everything is calmed down in 30 & we can get on with travel - 60 really would hurt our country in terms of people being unable to pay their bills.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

It was supposed to be 9 hours til my next cruise, sadly it is now 366 days since RCCL just cancelled today's cruise on us.:classic_sad:

awe you must be so disappointed, but they say everything happens for a reason.. Maybe this is best for now.  I do feel for you though.  We are scheduled to leave PR on FOS on 5/10 and fear that it won't happen too!

3 hours ago, pmck said:

awe you must be so disappointed, but they say everything happens for a reason.. Maybe this is best for now.  I do feel for you though.  We are scheduled to leave PR on FOS on 5/10 and fear that it won't happen too!

I was kind of laughing at the situation at the airport yesterday when we found out.  Today it is extreme disappointment.  We save for the full year and this is the one week per year that is available for our family to all travel together as an annual tradition.  That will have to wait another 365 days now.  I fully understand why they cancelled for public health reasons, but I just wish they had made the announcement a few days ago when Princess made their announcement.  Less than 24 hours before sailing with many already on their way to port is very upsetting.  I hope things get better and your sailing goes according to schedule.  Good luck.

10 hours ago, Dennis#1 said:

Pure speculation on my part, but I think Royal will do these cancellations in 30 day blocks to help manage and process all of the FCCs, refunds and requests.  The demand must be high in the call centers, customer service lines and with their travel partners.  

I know they aren't responsible for this mess but based on the way they're handling it, I'm not sure they'll be another one. Apparently they didn't learn anything from the problems they had along the east coast several years ago, and the Caribbean deal a few years ago, the didn't learn anything. It seems when it comes to crisis response, they are a follower not a leader.

Canada is blocking ships until July 1st. They won't make a decision until June 30 if they will allow ships to return. Of course no ships are going to wait around on June 30th to see if they will let them in. I can see bookings cancelled until at least the end of July for any sailings porting to Canada, unless the Jones Act gets suspended.