Carnival not providing CC meet and greet party

crusinpsychRN

Just off Magic. No notice of the CC meet and greet. GS said not enough signed up. This is untrue as we had over 35. She offered to allow me to speak to events coordinator. I said how would you know how to notify anyone as it was the last sea day already. I guess if they had the list they could have sent a message to the cabin phone or something but that would have about 3 people show up I suppose.

Same thing happened in January on Pride. I think the sour puss of a CD didn't feel like doing it as we had well over the required number.

If they aren't going to provide this stop offering it. And if you do sign up, please attend. It's embarrassing when staff goes all out and only 6 people of 38 show up.

Just off Magic. No notice of the CC meet and greet. GS said not enough signed up. This is untrue as we had over 35. She offered to allow me to speak to events coordinator. I said how would you know how to notify anyone as it was the last sea day already. I guess if they had the list they could have sent a message to the cabin phone or something but that would have about 3 people show up I suppose.

Same thing happened in January on Pride. I think the sour puss of a CD didn't feel like doing it as we had well over the required number.

If they aren't going to provide this stop offering it. And if you do sign up, please attend. It's embarrassing when staff goes all out and only 6 people of 38 show up.

I have noticed that the RCs here have gotten smaller and smaller. For my cruise it seems like most people in the RC are also on the other site that shall not be named. I'm not sure if I will do the CC M&G if we get enough people. I did sign up though so even if I don't go, there maybe something for the others.

So far I've only attended one M&G and that was on NCL Gem. None of my CCL roll calls were ever big enough to have one. I did meet two people from our RC on our first Pride sailing by accident (one recognized me from my avatar and the other was seated at the table next to us in the MDR, which we didn't figure out until night 5 or so). I know that I will meet one fellow from my Glory roll call because coincidentally our cabins are next to each other. I have always started the RC for our cruises because we book so far out but I think in the future I'll just skip it and wait for someone else to start it before I join in.

I agree if you are signed up for the M&G you should at least make an appearance. But sometimes they schedule these things in the middle of the day.

Gary

I don't get it, why should Carnival set up a Meet & Greet for ANY group let alone Cruise Critic? Can't one just set up your own M&G as has been done in the past?

What's next? Should Carnival have a Facebook M&G?

Carnival offered it. Yes, we set up our own also. The Carnival one has members of staff and lots of info is shared. Why so negative?

They were set up to fail in my opinion. Very little mention of it once onboard and they have it at the most ridiculous times you can have one. 30 minutes before first seating on elegant night. SMH.

My wife signed us up for one of these but I would guess that we probably won't attend. From everything I've read this will likely be on the last day or second to last day near dinner time. If they do it at the beginning of the cruise where you might meet some people that you would hang out with during the week we might go. Doing it at the end of the cruise feels like a gathering of strangers to say goodbye. If they schedule it stupidly, I'm not going to feel bad about skipping it.

We were on the Vista in February. Over 80 had signed up pre cruise. We got an invitation in our cabin, it was scheduled the last sea day at 5 pm. We went, about 40 people showed up, there was one server for snacks and one server for drinks. No other carnival people showed up.

Haven't been on Carnival for 5 years, so if they do a M&G 1/2 hour before dinner I wouldn't attend either, especially that late on a cruise.

We will see in May 2018.

That being said in 2009 we meet a couple on the CC Roll call that we are still friends and vacation with them every year.

Just off the Conquest 4/1 sailing. There was an informal M&G through the roll call as well as the CC/CCL "sponsored" M&G. Never got the notice of when the latter was scheduled - this was the 2nd or 3 rd time I did not receive a notice for the CC/CCL M&G, even though the guest minimum # was surpassed and an email was sent to confirm that there would be a M&G.

I did have a conflict with the informal roll call M&G, as the Captain's Luncheon for Diamond members was scheduled at the same time..

On the Miracle October HI cruise the M&G was a regular font (not bold) line item within the regular schedule of events. Don't remember an invite.

They had the typical tray of pastry and drinks (hot and cold). The Hotel Director, the CD and a Purser were representing the ship. 10 pax showed up, several of them hadn't heard of CC.

Going on our first Carnival cruise in December. We've mostly said on Royal. Their Meet n Mingles (when enough people sign up) are usually held on the first Sea day, around 10:00 am. They're usually well attended, with the activities director there (sometimes the CD), continental breakfast served, and a raffle.

I don't think we'd go if it were at the end of the cruise, right before dinner, either. We have an active group on that other site, so I'm hoping we'll get to meet at the beginning of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was on a cruise about 5 years ago where someone from our roll call put together a meet and greet. He contacted Carnival to reserve a room, the Piano Bar and have finger foods and drinks available. We each paid $20 and had unlimited food and drinks for 2 hours. This was just after sail away. We had about 30 or so attend.

I was on a cruise about 5 years ago where someone from our roll call put together a meet and greet. He contacted Carnival to reserve a room, the Piano Bar and have finger foods and drinks available. We each paid $20 and had unlimited food and drinks for 2 hours. This was just after sail away. We had about 30 or so attend.

We had the same type of M&G on our Hawaii cruise each person paid $20.00 had one of their clubs set-up with drinks and finger foods great turnout, did not mind paying for a good time.

I went to a meet and greet on the Breeze in January. 65 signed up, 11 showed up. There were about six to eight officers at the party with food and beverages available. I was ashamed to think this group was so poorly represented since so many signed up.

The last meet and greet I went to was 6 years ago... so you're telling me they don't tell you ahead of time when and where to meet, you're just supposed to find it in the Fun Times now? No wonder no one shows up!