What are your requests with the Room Steward upon arrival to your cabin?

thesmiths

I like the cabin serviced twice daily, and will ask for it. I like my bed made during the day. But I don't want to have to do it. Making beds at home at least 350 days a year, is quite enough.

Ice twice daily, and clean towels in the evening, as I shower twice a day, and use the available towels.

The room steward doesn't have to vacuum every day. I try to keep the cabin as neat as possible, and things put away. I hate clutter everywhere.

I never use the robes, but may start asking for a blanket. Sometimes I take a short day time nap, and cabin Air can get chilly. I don't tear the bed up, to get under a cover. Neatness. lol

If I should need anything else, during the cruise, I leave a sticky note on the mirror. All requests have always been filled. And, I don't tip early either.

It has never occurred to me ask for anything before we set sail. On my previous cruises they have kept the ice full, made the beds, left towel animals. I do the tip when I book and I do bring an extra $20 to tip at the end if I like the service. Haven't had a cruise where I didn't give the extra $20 on the last day.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

We're easy...cleaning in the morning and turndown at night along with towel animals (for DW). Never pre-tip (other than the auto-tips) and have always provided extra at the end. On longer cruises (Journeys) we tip extra at the halfway point and again at the end.

We've never had a bad steward but on our last cruise (Sunshine) the steward gave us the song and dance about how many cabins he had to clean now to get us to choose once a day service. I simply asked why that was my problem...he needed to talk to management. He turned out okay (not great) but still gave him extra at the end.

It has never occurred to me ask for anything before we set sail. On my previous cruises they have kept the ice full, made the beds, left towel animals. I do the tip when I book and I do bring an extra $20 to tip at the end if I like the service. Haven't had a cruise where I didn't give the extra $20 on the last day.

So the ice is just in your room? I have to ask for it.

That has been my experience. I may have just been lucky. I have only been on two cruise and just booked my third. I say that to say I don't have the same number of cruises under my belt as some people do. I am not opposed to asking if I need to, just haven't had to yet.

As seen on Zuck's world. e6aaf001fd90608bcbe401ba15d83861.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wonder where this photo came from. Does anyone know if Carnival has wall panels like that in their corridors? None of the Conquest class ships do.

It's still funny and just goes to show the nerve of some people, even in land-based establishments.

Have NEVER needed to bribe them for towels or ice....we tip additionally, if warranted, at the END of the cruise, as is customary when cruising.

Not a bribe, compensation for extra service(s). They are so over-worked seems more than appropriate.

Never had to bribe and have always had great service. They always clean in the morning and turn down at night. We always have a towel animal every night. I think we have asked for cushioning on the bed & he put a comforter under the sheet. We may have had to ask for ice once. We always leave the autotips in place. I think we have given a little extra at the end, but seems it was for dining & bar staff - maybe left extra for the steward. Every cruise is different for us as far as the decision to give extra.

I travel with my 3 TEEN boys...so I gave the guy $20 on the first day when we met and apologized ahead of time for their messes. Smile. As much as we tried to keep the room tidy, with all of their hair products and stuff everywhere, it was cluttered all week, yet the steward still made it livable for us. Our room steward was so nice and pleasant all week to my boys and me, and just smiled at me when I said sorry each time. One of my sons lost a beach towel and he replaced it for us instead of charging. I know he had to work harder on our room bc of them...so just a small token of pre appreciation for making my boys' trip special.

It may depend on the steward, but once we had some unopened beer & the steward saw it & brought us a bucket of ice. Another time we had to ask for ice, but only the initial time - it was kept filled the rest of the week. Many of our trips we don't have anything to keep that cold.

For those that do the pre-tip on first day do you find you get better service for the week?
Makes no difference whatsoever. Actually, we've gotten better service when NOT bribing the stewards in advance.

Not a bribe, compensation for extra service(s). They are so over-worked seems more than appropriate.

Agree with you Trina....the tightwads out there lash out against people that want to "insure" service. I say to them it is my money, I will spend it how I see fit. My early tipping at the bars have insured my cocktail service right away, even if the bar is 2 deep

On my last cruise, i asked my RS for X-Rated towel animals, just having some fun with him....he must have taken me serious because he was very creative :')

Lmao I thought I was the only one who has made this request.....but my RS wouldn't do it not even for an extra 10

I will personally stick with tipping ahead of time aka "bribery" [emoji23]

When the Lido deck/Atrium bar is 2 deep, my bartender sees me and my cocktail is waiting at the end of the bar....sort of like an unadvertised FTTB (Faster To The Booze) [emoji16]

FTTB method (love the name) is what I use and it always works well.

I wonder where this photo came from. Does anyone know if Carnival has wall panels like that in their corridors? None of the Conquest class ships do.

It's still funny and just goes to show the nerve of some people, even in land-based establishments.

Good point! Plus they ask for soap. I'm agreeing this might not be related to Carnival at all.

Lmao I thought I was the only one who has made this request.....but my RS wouldn't do it not even for an extra 10

One night he created the towel monkey with a long......well you get the idea....another night an elephant with 2 long trunks[emoji16]

We have been on 10 cruises and have always had at least good and usually great service from our room stewards. We have never tipped ahead of time. We do autotip and sometimes tip extra the last night. We do, however, always treat our stewards courteously. Please and thank you go a long way

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always find threads like this humorous.

First, giving a tip to a person before you even know they will do their job? That's considered a bribe, not a tip. A tip is after service is performed.

Second. The words above and beyond, but yet everyone asks them to do things that are standard tasks. Some people even basically tells them they should do their job, and somehow thinks it is above and beyond.

Third. Why do people need ice so much?