Two M-Class Ships for Sale?

TexSea

Actually, Horizon went first and was built in the same year as Journey and Quest, 1990. Zenith was built in 92.

Azamara ships are built around 2000 and about the same aga as M class. Another example of slightly older ships that are still expensive to cruise on. It is all about maintenance and care!

If Royal would focus more on keeping ships nice and modern but less on adding cabins, pay restaurants and nonsens like water slides all would be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Azamara ships are built around 2000 and about the same aga as M class. Another example of slightly older ships that are still expensive to cruise on. It is all about maintenance and care!

If Royal would focus more on keeping ships nice and modern but less on adding cabins, pay restaurants and nonsens like water slides all would be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Delete

We found Summit, Infinity & Connie to all have some nice upgrades and are kept clean, but some lounge areas, furniture and furnishings have a dated look and feel. Bathroom tile not updated , the interior Persian Gardens often have items not working, ,,Retirement may be the wrong word but we feel they are past their prime and we prefer S class. Just a matter of choice/ preference,

I agree. We just got off the Infinity in May, and will board her again in October. In the future I will try to avoid the M class UNLESS the price point is right. Imo, either they need to make some improvements OR lower their prices. JMO.

I'm just off the Summit. Captain Kate (who would qualify as a reasonably senior executive) says the M class ships are not for sale. So I'm not going to lose any sleep over this. I'm booked on a B2B on the Connie in the Med next spring.

I am on the Connie right now relaxing being docked in Dubrovnik. I would think that Celebrity would need to keep two M Class ships, at the very least. The larger ships cannot sail into or out of Venice and the better Alaska itineraries also require smaller ships. At 2,900 people, I don't think Edge Class could do either of those itineraries.

We had been regulars on Princess ships and preferred their Grand Class ships (especially the Ruby Princess), but did not like the Royal Class. This is our first Celebrity cruise and we chose an M Class because it could do the itinerary we wanted. It has overnights and two full days in two different ports. THAT is where cruising needs to go and not the gimmicks of Edge or Royal Class on Princess. They make money from private cabana areas like Sanctuary and Retreat. They (both lines) can have them and count so many of us out. The Constellation is refreshing. I love the cool colors, the bar area and outdoor furniture on the AFT of Deck 10. There is a main theater and two other large entertainment venues (Rendezvous reminds me of Explorers on Princesss, which they did away with for a gimmick on the Royal Class). I would sail on this ship again and again. I will disclose that we are on the newly built cabin on Deck 11 and don't know about the older cabins. We will try an S Class (Solstice for Alaska with 20 & 18 year olds next June), but we'll be back on this class unless Celebrity decides that it's more profitable to sell them than keep them.

• 10 months later...
RCI is also selling off some of the Vision class fleet. From a business perspective, it has to be cheaper, on a per passenger basis, to run a larger (& newer) ship than an older, smaller ship. Yet, it's somewhat sad to see some of these ships where we've had some great times being "cast off" this way.

I see you are going on the Empress of the Seas, we did it last winter. It was a nice nostalgia feeling sailing on a smaller ship like the Empress.