Just need an answer please.

deborahjo

Does anyone know if they changed it on The Legend? We are sailing on that ship in June up to Alaska. This will be our first cruise on the Carnival line.

The Legend's aft pool is in the serenity area which is already adults only. Unless is they change the serenity to family friendly, you are good!

I guess most posters here were never kids.

That has nothing to do with it. In times when some of us are not cruising with our kids, we'd like to have some place where adults can just find solace without kids causing a commotion. As I'm about to board a ship (Conquest) that doesn't have a Serenity area, but has 3 pools....its not asking much to limit one of them to being adults only. Anyways, the forward pool on Deck 10 is pretty much a de facto kids pool since its connected to the water slide...so I don't think its asking much for adults to have their own.

That has nothing to do with it. Many of us have grown kids, and grandkids. When they don't cruise with us, we prefer quiet areas to have quiet conversations with other adults, without interruptions of someone else's kids running around our chairs, or in the pool yelling Marco Polo.

Maybe we like quiet areas to read a book, or listen to our own music thru EarPods without having to crank up the volume to drown out extraneous sounds/noise/kids.

I have children (grown now but in school and living at home) and I work with children. When I go on vacation I like to have a quiet place without children. It isn't hate or hateful. I just prefer reading my Kindle by the pool with a frosty beverage and not having pool water splashed in my face and said frosty beverage. That's all. Not ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I go on vacation to relax You are the one making a blanket statement.

Kids running up and down hallways, getting on elevator and hitting every button, splashing people in the pool and pushing people down the stairs so they can beat everyone. If I had done any of these my butt would have been so red and hurt so bad I would not be able to sit down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fixed it for you..........:D

Really? Is this person not allowed to have their own opinion? You think you're opinion is superior so you get to "fix" theirs? What a bunch of whiny, entitled, selfish, spoiled children. Oops, I mean adults :o

Really? Is this person not allowed to have their own opinion? You think you're opinion is superior so you get to "fix" theirs? What a bunch of whiny, entitled, selfish, spoiled children. Oops, I mean adults :o

Someone needs to get a sense of humor.

Leave them home?
I love arguments like these. They usually come from people who expect everyone to respect their opinions, but often have a problem with the opinions of others.

This has nothing to do with "kids just being kids," a favorite line of those defending the new family-friendly aft pools. It also has nothing to do with remembering what it's like to be a kid. I was a kid...a well behaved one, even when having fun on vacation. Leaving our kids at home OR switching to another cruise line (which seems to be the most popular comeback in defense of the new policy change) are not rational solutions in most cases. They're just poor suggestions from spiteful forum users who have a problem with others disagreeing with this new policy. Disney, arguably the most family friendly cruise line out there, even has adults-only pools. Horrible, isn't it?

"Lighten up, Francis." (movie quote, if you're not familiar) ;)

Altering a person's quoted comment just for fun has been around since the beginning of quoted comments in message boards. No harm done. No one is denying that person their opinion. You did a lot of name calling in there. And we're the whiny children?