Just need an answer please.

deborahjo

I love arguments like these. They usually come from people who expect everyone to respect their opinions, but often have a problem with the opinions of others.

This has nothing to do with "kids just being kids," a favorite line of those defending the new family-friendly aft pools. It also has nothing to do with remembering what it's like to be a kid. I was a kid...a well behaved one, even when having fun on vacation. Leaving our kids at home OR switching to another cruise line (which seems to be the most popular comeback in defense of the new policy change) are not rational solutions in most cases. They're just poor suggestions from spiteful forum users who have a problem with others disagreeing with this new policy. Disney, arguably the most family friendly cruise line out there, even has adults-only pools. Horrible, isn't it?

f you think so highly of the Disney adult area then why don't you go cruise on them.

"Lighten up, Francis." (movie quote, if you're not familiar) ;)

Altering a person's quoted comment just for fun has been around since the beginning of quoted comments in message boards. No harm done. No one is denying that person their opinion. You did a lot of name calling in there. And we're the whiny children?

Changing someone's words devalues their opinion. That is not considerate. I don't like your opinions but I am not so childish that I would change your words. I

f you think so highly of the Disney adult area then why don't you go cruise on them.

Changing someone's words devalues their opinion. That is not considerate. I don't like your opinions but I am not so childish that I would change your words. I

Calling people names and telling others to go cruise another line. No, not childish at all.....:rolleyes:

My changing a "quote" to add a little humor while stating my opinion devalues nothing. Their opinion is still right there where they posted it.

Calling people names and telling others to go cruise another line. No, not childish at all.....:rolleyes:

My changing a "quote" to add a little humor while stating my opinion devalues nothing. Their opinion is still right there where they posted it.

Just getting ready to say the same thing. You saved me the time. Now if you'll excuse me, I need my bottle and go down for a nap.

I just prefer reading my Kindle by the pool with a frosty beverage and not having pool water splashed in my face and said frosty beverage. That's all. Not ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You just have to find a ship you can do that on. There are lots of options out there.

I just prefer reading my Kindle by the pool with a frosty beverage and not having pool water splashed in my face and said frosty beverage. That's all. Not ugly.

You just have to find a ship you can do that on. There are lots of options out there.

I did find a ship I could do that on. This policy came into effect after I booked my cruise. Keep arguing if you like, obviously you do, but when Carnival makes a decision that upsets you maybe you'll understand the frustration everyone else is feeling.

Edited by MandyMooToo

Even Disney ships have adult only areas including at least one restaurant. IMHO just because one would like to spend some quiet time doesn't mean they're hateful towards kids. I didn't see negative comments about curbing kids behavior in the main pool - just that the adults appreciate a quieter area sometimes. The Carnival sunshine is very kid friendly but the Serenity area is always packed on sea days.

Actually, when we're talking about Carnival, no there is not. There are only, I think, three ships that have a pool in the serenity area. So the options for an adults-only pool are now extremely limited.

Yeah yeah, I know, this is where you tell us to go to another cruise line. :rolleyes:

I'm going from sailing Carnival 4-5 times a year to 2 times a year. I'm branching out and trying lines that aren't Carnival-ish. Carnival LOVES the blue card holders and I don't blame them. The blue card holders have no past experiences to compare their cruise with. Carnival is a good product trying really hard to change that.

Not sure what you meant by the last line.

Sent from my iPhone

Have you seen kids running on a cruise ship and literally push a 50 year old woman down a flight of steps? I have. She wound up with a compound fracture of her leg.

She had to be removed from the ship the next day. Nothing done to the kids who where racing around.

This happened on the Splendor in the then adult area where they did not belong in the first place. But the kids will be there legally now so no space for adults left

Have you seen kids running on a cruise ship and literally push a 50 year old woman down a flight of steps? I have. She wound up with a compound fracture of her leg.

She had to be removed from the ship the next day. Nothing done to the kids who where racing around.

This happened on the Splendor in the then adult area where they did not belong in the first place. But the kids will be there legally now so no space for adults left

You lost me on the reference.

Sent from my iPhone

Why can't people just say they prefer a quieter pool without kids playing loudly? Why so hateful towards children who are doing nothing wrong? So ugly

Why do you consider someone who accurately states that kids yell, scream, and splash water hateful? Are you trying to win a drama award? :confused:

I find it sad that on most polarizing issues there is a lack of accommodation for other view points. My personal life experience is that before we had a child, we were quiet irritated with the lack of parenting many parents exhibited in public situations where they felt their children held more rights than the public and did not set expectations that there children behave in a polite and quiet manner. We used to laugh at those folks and say when we had kids we were going to encourage our children to be unruly to get revenge with those parents who might be empty nesters at the time and desire a civil and quiet dinner / vacation etc. Then we became parents and our view point changed. Chaos and noise became the norm. We built up a certain tolerance to it but still, anything we did not allow our child to do we frowned upon in others for not setting expectations for heir children to behave a certain way in public. We have been empty nesters for quiet sometime now and are no longer "desensitized" to the chaos and noise of children. We understand that it is part and parcel to being a child, and if more parents set proper expectations on being polite and considerate of others, there would be no need to segregate children from adults in any pool. So for those who are ecstatic about children getting to be in any pool they want on the ship, it will be your responsibility to be good parents with those expectations. If not think about Karma when you have an issue you don't think is fair because others are unwilling to validate your view point on that issue.

Just say in' [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did book a ship that had an adult only pool - and Carnival changed the rules with no notice. I sail on the Splendor in 1 week. I spent a lot of time & money selecting/booking the ship, cabin, airfare, motel, pet care, etc. and find out a couple weeks before my cruise that Carnival has made this change! It is too late & costly at this point for me change our travel arrangements.

Unplanned changes due to weather, mechanical issues, emergencies at sea - that I can deal with as that is life. For Carnival to make this change with so little notice is very unfair to booked passengers that would have made a different choice.

I did book a ship that had an adult only pool - and Carnival changed the rules with no notice. I sail on the Splendor in 1 week. I spent a lot of time & money selecting/booking the ship' date=' cabin, airfare, motel, pet care, etc. and find out a couple weeks before my cruise that Carnival has made this change! It is too late & costly at this point for me change our travel arrangements.[/color']

Unplanned changes due to weather, mechanical issues, emergencies at sea - that I can deal with as that is life. For Carnival to make this change with so little notice is very unfair to booked passengers that would have made a different choice.

I understand the disappointment, but it's time to relax and get ready for your cruise. While it is important to you, I don't think are aware of exactly what is important to each and every cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone

I understand the disappointment, but it's time to relax and get ready for your cruise. While it is important to you, I don't think are aware of exactly what is important to each and every cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone

Oops - sorry for posting my opinion and frustration since it is not pro Carnival. My bad:eek:

Is the Splendor one of the ships where the aft pool is becoming "kid friendly"?

Sailing in November and we like our quiet time without screaming, yelling and splashing kids.

Thanks

Are you sailing during Thanksgiving? If so that might be a cause for concern about lots of children. I have sailed in October, November, and December during non Holiday cruises and had no issue with children in any pools.

Candi

I understand the disappointment' date=' but it's time to relax and get ready for your cruise. While it is important to you, I don't think are aware of exactly what is important to each and every cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone[/quote']

Oops - sorry for posting my opinion and frustration since it is not pro Carnival. My bad:eek:

Let me know what the rules are for replying to a post, I'm new here. I tried to give what actually is the best advice. Enjoy your cruise and that Carnival has no way of knowing what is and is not of importance to cruisers (that is really one sided..... ). Since you brought it up, how much notice should they give cruisers on a change? A week? Guess not. A month? Nope that would not have helped. Six months? My guess with your planning it would work either.

I get it you don't like the change, frankly neither do I. You have a couple of choices: do as I said and enjoy your cruise, go and feel lousy about it, or don't go. None of this is pro carnival.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by jimbo5544

I guess most posters here were never kids.

I wasn't a screaming, running kid. My dad wouldn't have had it. And there were 5 of us kids. People were always saying to my father in a restaurant how well behaved his children were.

Unlike the hundreds of screaming, running kids on Magic last week. When someone rebuked them saying to stop running parents would tell the kids they don't have to listen to that old dude. I have a bad knee in an ace bandage and was nearly knocked over several times due to all the running. Bad parents are why you have bad kids for the most part.

From deborahjo:

Kids running up and down hallways, getting on elevator and hitting every button, splashing people in the pool and pushing people down the stairs so they can beat everyone. If I had done any of these my butt would have been so red and hurt so bad I would not be able to sit down.

Second that.