Pickup location for Princess Caribbean in London Victoria Coach

gothicreader

Howdy mates!

We are booked for July 24, 2017 Caribbean Princess, British Isle (Liverpool). We selected for Princess to pick us up from Victoria Coach station. Does anyone know the address or location? I didn't find anything in my booking with details.

Much obliged with any info.

Thanks.

The following appears in the Travel Summary for my Aug 5 British Isles cruise:

London

COACH: VICTORIA *COACH* STATION TO SHIP

Motorcoach transfer from London Victoria *coach* station to the ship in London.Transfer is valid only on embarkation day. Meeting Place: 164 BuckinghamPalace (Elizabeth St) Meeting Time: 10am. Departures will begin at 10:30amuntil 11:30am. Travel time to London approximately 120 minutes subject to trafficcondition. On the day of embarkation, please meet at the Victoria *Coach* Stationfor the transfer to the port of London.

London

Motorcoach transfer from London Victoria *coach* station to the ship in London.Transfer is valid only on embarkation day. Meeting Place: 164 BuckinghamPalace (Elizabeth St) Meeting Time: 10am. Departures will begin at 10:30amuntil 11:30am. Travel time to London approximately 120 minutes subject to traffic condition. On the day of embarkation, please meet at the Victoria *Coach* Station for the transfer to the port of London.

Just a question. What is this reference to Port of London? Isn't it Southampton or in a few cases Dover?

Princess sail from Southampton which they call Southampton (London). It's actually 76 miles from London and takes around two hours by coach depending on traffic. Victoria coach station is next door to Victoria train station which is easily accessed by Underground, bus or taxi.

Brian

Just a question. What is this reference to Port of London? Isn't it Southampton or in a few cases Dover?

Actually that is very confusing.

Port of London is the name given to the commercial docks in the area of East London. This port was once the largest commercial port in the world and it remains our second largest commercial port and is occasionally used by some cruise lines.

It is administered by the Port of London Authority (PLA) whose responsibilities cover the tideway of the River Thames.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_London

So, if the organisation referring to the Port of London is a UK organisation then the reference to probably to this port, though I would have expected them to be more specific as the Port of London covers a wide area.

In this case, if I read the post correctly the term is being used by Princess who, confusingly, refer to Dover, London, England and to Southampton, London, England.

Whilst we find this this is mildly amusing, as Dover is 80 miles from London and Southampton is 90 miles from London, and is a bit like saying Port Canaveral, Jacksonville, Florida, As a result, it can cause considerable confusion, especially for first time cruise visitors who don't realise that Dover and Southampton are nowhere near London.

Having said that, I would not expect even Princess to use the very specific term Port of London when referring to either Dover or Southampton, it is a bit like using the term JAXPORT when referring to Port Canaveral and Port Everglades.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Typical Princess!! Like they use London (Southampton) and London (Dover) as their ports in the UK. If they used "Port FOR London" it might be a little better.

London

Motorcoach transfer from London Victoria *coach* station to the ship in London.Transfer is valid only on embarkation day. Meeting Place: 164 BuckinghamPalace (Elizabeth St) Meeting Time: 10am. Departures will begin at 10:30amuntil 11:30am. Travel time to London approximately 120 minutes subject to trafficcondition. On the day of embarkation, please meet at the Victoria *Coach* Stationfor the transfer to the port of London.

What a lot of rubbish; do they not have any proof readers who know the UK?? Or who use English as a first language? Do they not have a cynic to read what they write?

Our Itinerary is terrible; the capitalization is like a dogs breakfast. Look at yours to see if it is the same.

Do you have to purchase transfer ahead of time or do you just show up at Victoria Coach Station? We booked our cruise through AARP and they really couldn't give me much info about this. Because I booked through them I can't call Princess direct. #^%# Any help is appreciated.

Why can you not talk to Princess? Just call them and ask if you can turn up at Victoria Coach Station on spec? No need to give them any of your details.

Do you have to purchase transfer ahead of time or do you just show up at Victoria Coach Station? We booked our cruise through AARP and they really couldn't give me much info about this. Because I booked through them I can't call Princess direct. #^%# Any help is appreciated.

We have been able to book the Victoria Coach Station transfers to both Southampton and Dover through out Travel Agent. If you booked through a specific organization they must have a travel department. I'd ask for a manager if the first person can't help.

We have been able to book the Victoria Coach Station transfers to both Southampton and Dover through out Travel Agent. If you booked through a specific organization they must have a travel department. I'd ask for a manager if the first person can't help.

We booked through an online travel agency and I just called Princess to book our Princess transfer to Southampton just as I did when booking an excursion. 🤷*♀️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why can you not talk to Princess? Just call them and ask if you can turn up at Victoria Coach Station on spec? No need to give them any of your details.

We've taken this transfer 3 times. I certainly can't speak definitively, but as an experienced veteran of the process I think it is unlikely you can purchase the transfer at the station. It tends to be somewhat hectic and the folks working the gate used for the Princess busses don't seem to be equipped to take reservations. They pretty much have a clipboard with the names of passengers that already have reservations. Also, I would think there's no guarantee there would be available space.

However, I would follow casofilia's advice and call Princess and ask.

I agree with Michael. I don't think you can just show up and hope to join the transfer. Book it ahead of time by calling Princess. Once you're onboard the ship, it's easy to add the disembarkation transfer through the Shore Excursions Desk.

Victoria Coach Station is pretty crazy. It might take you awhile to find your bus and the Princess rep. There are lots of buses coming and going and lots of people waiting in lines or trying to figure out where their bus is. Also, as of late 2015, there is NOT a public bathroom there. You have to pay to use the tiny coffee shop's loo and they get pretty mad about people using it even if you buy something. At least there's usually one on the Princess' buses although it's smaller than an airplane toilet.

I bought the transfer from our hotel but so far have only seen the check in time from 12 to 3 but not what time to catch transfer...Will I get it before I go or when I get luggage tags and other info?? Sorry I am just getting excited for my trip.

London

That is absolutely terrible.

PRINCESS ARE YOU READING THIS THREAD?

If you are, then imagine a first time cruise visitor to the UK is, for some reason, late arriving at Victoria Coach station and misses the coach.

The obvious, albeit expensive, solution is to redeem the situation by asking a taxi to take them to place the coach was going to take them to, namely the Port of London.

Unless the taxi driver realises that they do not really mean THE Port of London he will take them in COMPLETELY the wrong direction and, by the time anyone realises the mistake, your client could find themselves the wrong side of London and at least 3 hours from Southampton and probably too late to make the ship.

ALL BECAUSE YOU TOLD THEM THAT THE COACH WAS GOING TO TRANSFER THEM TO "THE PORT OF LONDON".

Edited by Corfe Mixture
Punctuation

We have used National Express bus service from London to Southampton. You do then have to take a taxi down the hill to the port in Southampton. We did this especially for the return so that we could make an early flight home. You must reserve in advance. It is not an express and does make several stops, but seemed to be less expensive and got us to the airport much earlier than a Princess transfer.

We have used National Express bus service from London to Southampton. You do then have to take a taxi down the hill to the port in Southampton. We did this especially for the return so that we could make an early flight home. You must reserve in advance. It is not an express and does make several stops, but seemed to be less expensive and got us to the airport much earlier than a Princess transfer.

I would agree with this, NE leave at a specified time whereas Princess leave when full so you may be waiting for slow passengers.