Room change request

beans79

A few months ago I submitted a request for a price Drop and it was accepted. At the time of the price drop it advised me they will assign my cabin. I looked my cabin up this morning and I'm not crazy about the location because it's right across from the elevator. Can I call Carnival and see if they can change the room location? Has anyone ever done this? I sail in 17 more days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Being near the elevators is not all that bad. However with 17 days out your most likely stuck with it. With luck someone may cancel. But you need to be the person looking for that room. Depending on Carnival to call you won't happen ,call them.

Being near the elevators is not all that bad. However with 17 days out your most likely stuck with it. With luck someone may cancel. But you need to be the person looking for that room. Depending on Carnival to call you won't happen ,call them.

Is it noisy by the elevator? That's my only concern.

Under the circumstances, I doubt that you'll have any luck getting a change of cabin. Having said that, it can't hurt to call 'em up and explain why you'd like to swap cabins. The worst that can happen is that you have to stay where you are. (I've had cabins near the elevators in the past, and they aren't bad. The only noise I've experienced in that area, is the people talking loudly while waiting for the elevator, but no mechanical noise from the elevators themselves.) Good luck, and keep us advised.

Is it noisy by the elevator? That's my only concern.

I think the kids running down halls are much louder ( sounds like a heard of elephants coming ) than being by the elevators. I look for rooms near the elevators.

I think the kids running down halls are much louder ( sounds like a heard of elephants coming ) than being by the elevators. I look for rooms near the elevators.

I agree with that!

With all do respect, the whole point of a guarantee rate is that you sacrifice being able to pick your room for a better rate. Since you are not paying the higher rate, you don't really have any right to ask for a change. If you want to move, call them up and ask to be switched back to the higher rate, then choose your cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I love how on this website you always have the few people than have to give their high and mighty opinion as to what they think I should do and not do. I didn't ask for your opinion I asked a simple question.

I love how on this website you always have the few people than have to give their high and mighty opinion as to what they think I should do and not do. I didn't ask for your opinion I asked a simple question.

The answer to your question is yes. You can call Carnival. And yes, I am almost certain someone has called Carnival before and asked to change rooms.

I agree my cabin was second down from the elevator deck 7 mid ship it was great. I would get off the elevator make a right turn there it was. I've had that same location a few times.

Gary

It has been my understanding with picking a guarantee you won't be permitted to request a change, without a possible price increase. Truly being near the elevators isn't bad at all. Our cruise in May was also a guarantee and we are rather close to the elevators, which we are rather happy about. Not much noise from them at all. I have been near them on many ships without any issue.

A few months ago I submitted a request for a price Drop and it was accepted. At the time of the price drop it advised me they will assign my cabin. I looked my cabin up this morning and I'm not crazy about the location because it's right across from the elevator. Can I call Carnival and see if they can change the room location? Has anyone ever done this? I sail in 17 more days.

Of course you can call them. You will get one of two possible answers. 1) Okay 2) No.

since you ONLY want answers to your questions without anyone's opinion

Can I call Carnival and see if they can change the room location?

of course you can. You can even ask them to upgrade you to the most expensive room on ship for no charge... yes you can call them :rolleyes:

Has anyone ever done this?

Many people have called them for this. While I assume you are really asking if anyone has been successful, I can only answer your actual question without getting you upset. Yes, people have called.

I'd be interested in knowing what answer you get, if you call & ask to change. My understanding is that you changed to a guarantee cabin when you took the price drop. Meaning they assign your cabin. They used to allow you to change these, several years ago, but they stopped doing that (in my experience) because they decided it went against the concept of "we'll-choose-your-room-&-you'll-pay-a-lower-price."

Like I said, I tried it 3-4 years ago, and was told they no longer allow it. Let me know what you find out! And enjoy your cruise. :)