Neptune Suite 8195 Aft facing

Stella1250

What do you want to know about it? It is an aft wrap around Neptune Suite, which are very popular. We were just in the Neptune on deck 7, the other corner- 7188. One question a lot of people have is...can people look down on us from the aft of the Lido deck. The answer in this case is...not easily. The balcony for 8195 is recessed under the Lido deck a couple of feet. Our balcony on deck 7 was about even with the Lido, so a small portion of our balcony could be seen.

• Thanks 1

What do you want to know about it? It is an aft wrap around Neptune Suite, which are very popular. We were just in the Neptune on deck 7, the other corner- 7188. One question a lot of people have is...can people look down on us from the aft of the Lido deck. The answer in this case is...not easily. The balcony for 8195 is recessed under the Lido deck a couple of feet. Our balcony on deck 7 was about even with the Lido, so a small portion of our balcony could be seen.

We've got 7188 next winter. How was the layout of the room? On halfacts, the photos look a bit odd. I know the balconies aren't as deep as the ones on the Vistas. Is the aft wrap still worth being so far from the rest of the ship?

We've got 7188 next winter. How was the layout of the room? On halfacts, the photos look a bit odd. I know the balconies aren't as deep as the ones on the Vistas. Is the aft wrap still worth being so far from the rest of the ship?

The only issue I thought was bad was a lack of table/counter/shelf space, compared to suites we have had on 8 other HAL ships we have sailed. Otherwise the cabin is fine. From my observations, it is obvious the Deck 4 aft suites have the biggest balcony, a very good sized balcony, then Deck 7 is next biggest. Pretty spacious cabin, perhaps the same size as the midship SAs. A little different layout, as others have mentioned the TV on the wall is a little odd to watch, unless sitting/lying on the bed.

Given it is a bigger ship, it can be a long walk from things. But, we need the exercise! :p

Not all of the aft corners have a side facing window. 7188 does. A serious plus.

Two S-i-Ls were in 5196, another aft corner SB. That cabin, and the balcony, each, were probably 30% smaller than 7188. 5196 was not easy for 2 people at all, in my observations. I would definitely not pick that cabin.

We would book 7188 again, no doubt.

• Like 1

Didn't use it, but pretty sure it was a Keurig.

I just saw Nespresso machines for the next/newer gen* of the fleet.

* Like the Westerdam, actually on a refurbishing job back in Sicile.

Holacanada boarding in 14 days in Rome

From Quebec City !

Edited by holacanada

The only issue I thought was bad was a lack of table/counter/shelf space, compared to suites we have had on 8 other HAL ships we have sailed. Otherwise the cabin is fine. From my observations, it is obvious the Deck 4 aft suites have the biggest balcony, a very good sized balcony, then Deck 7 is next biggest. Pretty spacious cabin, perhaps the same size as the midship SAs. A little different layout, as others have mentioned the TV on the wall is a little odd to watch, unless sitting/lying on the bed.

Given it is a bigger ship, it can be a long walk from things. But, we need the exercise! :p

Not all of the aft corners have a side facing window. 7188 does. A serious plus.

Two S-i-Ls were in 5196, another aft corner SB. That cabin, and the balcony, each, were probably 30% smaller than 7188. 5196 was not easy for 2 people at all, in my observations. I would definitely not pick that cabin.

We would book 7188 again, no doubt.

Thanks! The window on the side is appealing. I like a nice bright room. I will miss the dressing area with my own set of closets.

I know what you mean about the walk. We love the spa, but it's a hike. As the cruise goes on, I swear the distance from our corner aft to the forward elevators gets longer. But I ate what I wanted for 11 days this winter and didn't gain any weight, so the long walks do help.

• Like 1

That's good. I was wondering if anyone could see the balcony. What kind of coffee pot is it? Nespreso or Keurig?

I don't know if Koningsdam is different, but on Zuiderdam and Oosterdam it was MoCafe. The only pods that fit are the ones that come with it. There's regular, decaf, and espresso. Two different mug sizes and settings to match. Small for the espresso and "large" (not MY idea of a large mug) for the regular and decaf.

I don't know if Koningsdam is different, but on Zuiderdam and Oosterdam it was MoCafe. The only pods that fit are the ones that come with it. There's regular, decaf, and espresso. Two different mug sizes and settings to match. Small for the espresso and "large" (not MY idea of a large mug) for the regular and decaf.

This sort of sounds like the one in our suite...so don't quote me on what type of coffee machine it was. We are not coffee drinkers.

Thanks! The window on the side is appealing. I like a nice bright room. I will miss the dressing area with my own set of closets.

Having the window on the side was like being on the wrap around balcony, but you are still inside. A real plus.

• 6 years later...
1 hour ago, dmaikui said:

It's 2023, sorry I'm late to the party. In regards to cabin 8195, is the balcony mostly covered? Could you hear chairs scrapping from above? 

The photos I sent to your other post show entirely covered in at least two directions.

• Like 1