Princess Price Drop - Transatlantic September 9th - British Isles & Norway Passage

Denmal

We had previously book a guarantee MF category for the transatlantic leaving Copenhagen 9/9/2017. I was looking at our cruise and noticed a sale on it , so I called my cruise consultant. Guess What - Price dropped over 2900.00 - and yes I got a refund!!!!

I always look at sales and make sure I am getting the best price. Just information for anyone who might be on the cruise with us

We had previously book a guarantee MF category for the transatlantic leaving Copenhagen 9/9/2017. I was looking at our cruise and noticed a sale on it , so I called my cruise consultant. Guess What - Price dropped over 2900.00 - and yes I got a refund!!!!

I always look at sales and make sure I am getting the best price. Just information for anyone who might be on the cruise with us

Thanks

An actual refund, final payment isn't due for a while, or the new fare and promo?

Did you post on your roll call?

Did you post on your roll call?

My first thought as well. PLEASE post on your roll call. If you aren't on the roll call thread sign up and let others know about the price drop.

The current promotion for this cruise (which is just a discounted fare - no OBC or anything else) requires a non-refundable deposit. Which I assume means you're now locked out of any future price drops without giving up that deposit. Final payment, at least for U.S. based passengers, is not until late June. Even though the OP apparently paid early, it was all still refundable (assuming the OP is in the U.S. - rules may be different for other countries).

I'm thinking the OP missed quite a few of the intermediate price drops. For us, comparing to our current fare and valuing the OBC we currently have at par and without talking to our TA (who does throw in some extra sometimes), we are about equal (might be a little more or might be a little less). But since this promotion has the non-refundable deposit, I'd rather just sit tight as there might well be another drop and it's not worth being locked out of it to save at most just a few bucks.

We are on the September 10 sailing from Southampton to FLL.

I have it booked in two cruises. The transatlantic portion is the one which is discounted.

This one drops it $2400 for the two of us in a mini suite. Our OBC was $600 so it is a no brainer.

Thanks for the heads up.

Very interesting, although the price was there this morning for the Caribbean Princess Transatlantic I was told that I would lose my airfare if I rebooked, As I was deciding on a new air option, the price went back to the original one from earlier this week.

Another passenger also saw the lower price last night but when the TA was contacted, the price had returned to the original.

:mad:

I always go through my princess planner for my bookings - she is my person. I do not use a travel agent. I did not loose my OBC or my air discounts because my air is also booked through princess, I just got the refund .. Maybe because I deal with princess directly ?

I always go through my princess planner for my bookings - she is my person. I do not use a travel agent. I did not loose my OBC or my air discounts because my air is also booked through princess, I just got the refund .. Maybe because I deal with princess directly ?

I absolutely concur. I am certain that is why you got the discount.

I think that your fares also went back up today. Is that the case?

Thanks.

I am sailing 9/22 on transatlantic Caribbean Princess. Is this the same cruise? I leave from Southampton.

You are on the same cruise as me. The one that the original poster mentioned leaves two weeks (approximately) before ours.

I am still going to be on the lookout for price drops for ours.