Accidentally just made full payment on my 2018 planned cruise...

JLCMOM

I know, I know... Not paying attention, didn't click the payment button, put my credit card info in, and bammo, cruise is paid off. Oops... Is it easy to get the funds returned? Ugh... Will be calling later...

Call 'em up.

There's absolutely nothing anyone here can do to help you.

Yes, thank you for that helpful advise...

I am planning to "call 'em up" later this afternoon, but I can't make that phone call right this second... Was curious if anyone else made this mistake before and was able to easily have the funds returned. Or maybe I am the only person to make this silly mistake...

If you can afford it -- it's one thing less you need to worry about. You wouldn't make much interest in the bank anyways...

I don't have all the funds, don't really want to pay interest on my credit card since I can be making payments interest free with Norwegian...

How awesome would it be if I did though...

Phone NCL and explain what you have done. But remember to tell them that you want them to use part as the deposit for the rebook and the rest to be returned. Also remember that it will most likely take NCL a number of weeks to return the excess to you, it will probably not be immediate.

I know, I know... Not paying attention, didn't click the payment button, put my credit card info in, and bammo, cruise is paid off. Oops... Is it easy to get the funds returned? Ugh... Will be calling later...

Call NCL.There is no need to cancel and rebook as stated above.

Request that the overage payment, the amount over the required deposit, be refunded to your credit card. The refund request will be generated immediately but the funds could take 7 -10 business days to reflect back on your account depending on how long your credit card company takes to process what they call "chargebacks."

Request that the overage payment, the amount over the required deposit, be refunded to your credit card. The refund request will be generated immediately but the funds could take 7 -10 business days to reflect back on your account depending on how long your credit card company takes to process what they call "chargebacks."

It's not a chargeback. It's a return or refund and is quite common.

Thank you! I will definitely be calling them later today. Hopefully this is the case...

This happened to my Dad a couple of years ago.

Give them a call and they will refund you the amount you overpaid by - my dad got the money back in 5 working days.

Awesome Thanks!!

I agree with everyone that says to call NCL and explain the error. Tell them the amount that was supposed to be charged and they will fix it.

I also think you should call the issuing card company and inform them of the mistake. It will help keep you in good standing with them just in case the error results in an overdraft or decline in another transaction.

Pay now...pay later...all the same! Until the "non-refundable " date for your cruise, you can cancel and still get your funds back, if needed. The "final payment" date is THEIR thing...doesn't affect you adversely if you pay up too soon.

Don't feel bad......I didn't press the decimal point in my electric bill this month.....try getting a refund from the electric company....like pulling hens teeth and it isn't a small amount either. I feel your pain. I hope you get your situation fixed in a shorter than 3 week estimated time SCE is quoting me.

Thank you everyone! Spoke to NCL late yesterday and they are going to refund some of the funds. Said it can take up to 2 weeks... I did not have to cancel and rebook.

I still can't believe I made this error!! Life!

Thank you everyone! Spoke to NCL late yesterday and they are going to refund some of the funds. Said it can take up to 2 weeks... I did not have to cancel and rebook.

I still can't believe I made this error!! Life!

Life happens. Enjoy your refund and in 2018 enjoy your cruise.:D

Pssst, nobody's perfect - not even Mrs. Dawg. (But you didn't hear that from me;))

Check today's prices if there's a better price you can save

I agree 100%. Before you call ever call NCL, do a test online booking for the same cruise. I did that yesterday and found that they are running some type of "No Taxes or Fees" special for the cruise I have booked. It saved me $150 per person for two cabins over prices I already loved simply because I checked current prices and deals. Why not get both a refund of the overpayment and a price decrease if that is possible.

Edit: I noticed you have called already. Carve out about 5 minutes of time every week between now and your final payment day. Run a quote online to check current prices in those 5 minutes. You may get pleasantly surprised. You only need to catch a price drop once to get it! Good luck and enjoy your cruise.