flight leaving at 9:40 am from fort lauderdale can i make the flight

So long as you take your own luggage off and are on a big puppy, you should be ok. We have caught a 9:10 am flight before. Things can happen so just have a back up plan. We have been fortunate so far. However, I am happy that we can take a 12:40 pm this May. I hate getting up at 5:00 am and rushing but do enjoy being home in the early afternoon.

As mentioned, do self-disembark and be in line early. You should be ok, but do have a backup plan in the event the ship arrives late or there are delays at customs getting off the ship and you would miss the flight. Assuming you get off in plenty of time, taxis should be readily available and it's a very short trip to the airport.

Download Mobile Passport to get through Customs. We were among the very few using this and we were at the airport at 7:30am but JetBlue's 9am was already full. Long time to wait in the airport!

So, yes, you SHOULD be able to make that if you do carry-your-own debarkation.

Download Mobile Passport to get through Customs. We were among the very few using this and we were at the airport at 7:30am but JetBlue's 9am was already full. Long time to wait in the airport!

So, yes, you SHOULD be able to make that if you do carry-your-own debarkation.

WARNING: using that app, you can only do it within 4 hours of your going through customs. You can't do it the night before.

I tried doing it the morning of, and the app kept glitching, so we had to go through the regular paper line. It moved VERY quickly. More people were in the line to use the app than the old system.

I was always told here why stress your vacation trying to make an early flight.

Normally I would agree and book a flight around 11 or noon. But this time we booked a 9:30am flight because it was $700 cheaper! It also was really nice to get home around 1pm.

Don't forget Sept 17 is in the peak of Hurricane season.

Yes most years be no problems, but one year over Labor Day there was 4 named storms. 1996, most major Hurricanes in 30 yrs. We changed Western to Eastern then still had to skip one port for another. But they were just far enough out we could make it back to Florida. Was bumpiest cruise in my 29 years of sailing...

Edited by ONECRUISER

You could make the 9:40 am flight off an Oasis class ship. However, I usually go for an 11:00am time since Murphy's Law can sometimes apply...! Don't need the stress after a cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So long as you take your own luggage off and are on a big puppy, you should be ok. We have caught a 9:10 am flight before. Things can happen so just have a back up plan. We have been fortunate so far. However, I am happy that we can take a 12:40 pm this May. I hate getting up at 5:00 am and rushing but do enjoy being home in the early afternoon.

What do you mean about being on a big puppy?:confused: Thinking an auto correct but still not sure what you are saying.

thank you all for the replies. i am on oasis so that will help. also we will hand carry and on the younger side of the age group can move quickly. staying in a suite if that helps and last but not least have TSA pre check so that should help also.

thanks again.

thank you all for the replies. i am on oasis so that will help. also we will hand carry and on the younger side of the age group can move quickly. staying in a suite if that helps and last but not least have TSA pre check so that should help also.

thanks again.

Are you asking about getting to FLL from Port Canavarel?