Luggage tags - did they change shape?

Silly question - I saw someone's picture today of their RCI luggage tags and they look like they are shorter/wider than the usual RCI long/skinny tags. Did they change the shape of the tags? I hope not, because I have those nice little holders I like so much.

Silly question - I saw someone's picture today of their RCI luggage tags and they look like they are shorter/wider than the usual RCI long/skinny tags. Did they change the shape of the tags? I hope not, because I have those nice little holders I like so much.

No, they don't change shape, they are still long and skinny. The picture you saw was probably of someone using the sample luggage tag that is on the third page of the setsail pass as the real luggage tag. Information is the same but it is just a sample of what they look like.

Do you have a link to the thread?

No link - it was posted on Facebook - an actual photo. She said she designed them herself and that threw me off - so what you are saying has to be what she did. (I know she wasn't referring to the tag holders and she said she got them at Walmart). So long as they are still long and skinny, I'm happy (not that new luggage tags would break the bank, but you know - one less thing to remember).

Royal Caribbean's tags are long and skinny. Since they switched over to cruisers printing out luggage tags, I've used bookmark sleeves to attach them to our luggage. The sleeve is a perfect fit for the folded luggage tag.

We've got a group of 10 infrequent cruisers for an upcoming Allure cruise, and I bought everyone two sleeves. Got them on ebay. The top of the sleeve is triangular shaped with a hole to attach a ribbon or tassel. I fold that over and use a hand hole punch to make a hole in the longer part of the sleeve. Fold over the triangular portion and attach with zip ties.

We're still using ours I originally purchased. Never lost one. Saw a post here on CC and they suggested even attaching a luggage tag to their carry on. They were glad they had because someone in their group left a bag on ship somewhere, and it was brought to their cabin!

We got some holders from Amazon ($6.95 for 4) that worked really well. They are a fairly heavy duty plastic with metal reinforcement on the rings and a threaded steel cable to attach to luggage. They are pretty sturdy and should not come off. The printed out tags fold and fit neatly inside. There are several types available but we got these (search Amazon for):

Cruise Luggage Tag Holder Zip Seal & Steel - Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruise

NO, I just printed mine and they fit nicely in the plastic tag holders.

We got some holders from Amazon ($6.95 for 4) that worked really well. They are a fairly heavy duty plastic with metal reinforcement on the rings and a threaded steel cable to attach to luggage. They are pretty sturdy and should not come off. The printed out tags fold and fit neatly inside. There are several types available but we got these (search Amazon for

Cruise Luggage Tag Holder Zip Seal & Steel - Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruise

We got something very similar from Amazon here in the UK, but got a pack of 8, in a nifty little drawstring net bag. Cost about £9 or so I think

Just printed mine. They are the long/skinny ones