Princess Drinks Packages and wacky pricing

Okay I have known ever since I started cruising on Princess that their web site pricing is 'up a wattle' when it comes to their AIBP, shows on your Personaliser as $79.65 and it is actually $59 per day if purchased on board.

Now I thought this was the case with all the packages (Soda & More, Coffee Cards, etc). But I just got off the phone with the Princess office and she in no uncertain terms told me I was wrong, it is only the AIBP that is wrong, all the others are right.

I queried this, 'what I said, a coffee card is $48.13 even on board ship and the Soda and more is $9.38 per day. What about where it says in the main part of your website where coffee cards for Australia are $36'.

She then went on to tell me that Coffee Card prices vary from cruise to cruise and that for my trip it is definitely $48.13 per card (we are on the 35 day Sydney, Hawaii, Sydney trip).

I am curious if this is the case and coffee cards for instance are really $48.13 each, or whether it is a typical Call Centre thing, not really knowing what is going on.

Thanks

Elise, we bought a coffee card on the Emerald last November, $36AUD onboard, bought one on the Dawn Princess last April, $36 AUD onboard.

So from my experience your TA is wrong......there is no advantage to buying anything on Princess Online before you leave if it is in AUD. We buy onboard so there is no discepancies in the price and we use our OBC.

I believe the Soda and more packages are wrong too, but someone like GUT may confirm this as we don't buy them.

Funny thing is, I think the Specialty restaurants are the correct price.......our Golden cruise this September says $29AUD?

Thanks Cheznandy, it was actually Princess themselves that told me, but I am more inclined to believe CC members who have recently cruised [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just realised that when I reread your post!!

Sad that even Princess don't know their own prices:rolleyes: no wonder everyone else is confused.

Luckily for us on here we can be given the correct advise....who wants to line up to have it all corrected when onboard, and what about all those that don't know they have been overcharged.

You would really think that by now something would have been done to correct this in their computer system.

I think it's a classic case of the call centre person not having a clue. I've never heard of coffee cards prices varying from cruise to cruise, especially to that degree.

The amount you are seeing sounds very much like the same bug as the AIBP pricing.

Hopefully someone currently on a Princess cruise can confirm the price.

We were on Emerald Princess in March - Sydney to NZ - I have the flyer outlining drink packages which reads -

AIBP - $59 per person per day

Unlimited Soda and More Package - $7 per person per day

Premium Coffee Card - $36 per card - good for 15 specialty coffees or iced tea infusions.

We were on the Sun last November and purchased a soda and more package online. When we boarded there was a letter awaiting us in our cabin with our beakers which said "As we have noted that there is a price variance for the package amount paid online compared to onboard price, we have credited your account with the difference amount". Our next cruise we will be purchasing on board as we have OBC.

Surely it would be a lot cheaper to fix the goddamn bug in the online software than to check all purchases for each cruise and issue letters and refunds. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And I'm saying that from the perspective of a retired software developer.

As has been said already, the info from the knowledgeable contributors on here is much more reliable than from the cruise-line agents, or most TA's, or indeed most posters on FB.

Prior to our recent Sun Princess cruise, info relating to the on-line mispricing of, for example, coffee cards was freely available on here. As a result I waited until boarding, and within 30' had an A$36 coffee card in my hot little hand, which was put to good use.

I agree with OzKiwiJJ - it's hard to believe they haven't fixed the website issue which converts the $A prices to $A prices by using the US-Aus Fx rate!!!

Thanks everyone for your replies. It reinforces what I already suspected but the lady at Princess was so adamant she was right that she put some doubts in my mind. I just can't get over her absolute confidence that the web page was right. [emoji15] obviously strong indoctrination training procedures are alive and well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums