Bringing fan aboard oasis class

Hello,

We like a cool cabin and found the Oasis class ships cabins to be too warm, over 74 degrees especially during the night...we will be on the Harmony next month, my question is, has anybody brought a portable fan with them and did you find any issues or problems in bringing a fan with the airlines and Royal Caribbean?

Hello,

We like a cool cabin and found the Oasis class ships cabins to be too warm, over 74 degrees especially during the night...we will be on the Harmony next month, my question is, has anybody brought a portable fan with them and did you find any issues or problems in bringing a fan with the airlines and Royal Caribbean?

can't speak to the Oasis issue, but I can tell you I packed a plug in tabletop fan in my checked baggage last summer. They didn't seem to care, no extra notes in my bag about it being searched.

I always bring fans with me, new in the box. I can't sleep without the white noise going. I also found the room left in my bag going home is helpful for shopping :D I don't bring the fans home with me. I figure they probably end up in the staff lounges, doubt they get thrown out so I don't feel bad about abandoning them.

...I don't bring the fans home with me. I figure they probably end up in the staff lounges, doubt they get thrown out so I don't feel bad about abandoning them.

I'm​ guessing they have policies in place regarding items left in rooms, and it's not finders keepers.

That makes sense, but then again I would have to bring a load of batteries so I guess this idea is null and void :rolleyes:

Our fan can run on batteries and has a power transformer that disconnects from the fan. We just pack the power supply separately from the fan. it is a slim line fan so it fits in our luggage easily.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/10-inch-battery-or-electric-fan-with-usb-charging-port/1041091883?skuId=41091883&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_electronicstoys_&product_id=41091883&adpos=1o4&creative=43742636989&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjw_uvHBRDUkumF0tLFp3cSJACAIHMYquIBBluR4bWByVVKBgLFYvVCMMInt2v78vjF_b4pYxoC-Vvw_wcB

We requested (2) fans on our last cruise on the Allure, and cabin stewart had them in our rooms when we arrived. (we were staying in a suite, and made the request through our Royal Genie, so not sure if that helped or not? but I do know they do have some on board)

I always bring a table top fan for cruises and hotels.

Thanks for the link to the fan above.

I ordered one!

I'm​ guessing they have policies in place regarding items left in rooms, and it's not finders keepers.

We always bring a battery / electric fan and at the end of the cruise ask our cabin steward if they want it. If so we write a note saying were giving it to them. (also helps make room in suitcase for souvenirs )