PreOrder Soda Package ?

Denmal

When I ordered it there was no sticker on my card and no cup in my cabin. The steward did bring them a little later that day. My wife glommed onto the cup and used it on several cruises to get iced tea from HC. I never used the cup as I just used the Soda & More package for a bazillion mocktails.

Great info. Is it any cheaper to pre purchase the soda and more - or same price as onboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure how the pricing works on the cruise you plan on taking (as I see you are from Australia), but for us Canadians, it can be cheaper to purchase the soda package (and any other beverage, photo, internet, OBC, etc. in advance) depending on the exchange rate your cruise was "booked" in at. For example, on our upcoming Alaska cruise this May, our price was booked at a 30% exchange rate vs. the US dollar. Today, the exchange rate is averaging around 36%. So, I will be purchasing the soda package/coffee card and "maybe" some additional OBC at the 30% versus the going rate we would be charged for on-board (plus any handling/service fees your credit card company may charge for doing the exchange conversion to your home currency). And, by pre-purchasing anything in advance, the amount charged is in Canadian. If we do not use all the OBC we pre-purchased, it will be refunded to us by cheque, in US dollars, usually within 2 weeks.

Paul

For those that are cruising from any other country than the US it can be cheaper to book in advance or wait until you get onboard depending on exchange rate when you booked your cruise. We will wait until we get onboard so that we can use OBC which you cannot use to book in advance. There will be no problem because there will be tables all over the ship trying to sell drinks packages from the minute you get on the ship and they will put a sticker on your card then and give you a mug. The last time we sailed with Princess we booked in advance and didn't get the mugs and had to ask for them at reception and got them 24 hrs later on our second day onboard.

For those that are cruising from any other country than the US it can be cheaper to book in advance or wait until you get onboard depending on exchange rate when you booked your cruise. We will wait until we get onboard so that we can use OBC which you cannot use to book in advance. There will be no problem because there will be tables all over the ship trying to sell drinks packages from the minute you get on the ship and they will put a sticker on your card then and give you a mug. The last time we sailed with Princess we booked in advance and didn't get the mugs and had to ask for them at reception and got them 24 hrs later on our second day onboard.

Thanks - just worked it out and we save about $5 pre-purchasing in AUD - so we did it for the soda pack, water bottles and coffee cards for both our upcoming trips. The water we will take ashore on port days !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums