MDR dinner question

How much time should I budget for dinner in the Main Dining Room? I have My Time Dining and am trying to schedule my dinners around the shows I have already booked. If I try to reserve dinner 2 hours before my shows start, the Cruise Planner says I have a scheduling conflict.

Will I really be spending 2 full hours for dinner in the MDR (at a Table for 2)?????

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

How much time should I budget for dinner in the Main Dining Room? I have My Time Dining and am trying to schedule my dinners around the shows I have already booked. If I try to reserve dinner 2 hours before my shows start, the Cruise Planner says I have a scheduling conflict.

Will I really be spending 2 full hours for dinner in the MDR (at a Table for 2)?????

Dinner for two will not take 2 hours, but the cruise planner makes you leave a two hour block, unfortunately.

Personally, we find dinner in the MDR a bit drawn out, which is why we tend to eat in the MDR about half the evenings on board. It IS faster if you're at a two-top.

Well I was thinking that the MDR (at a 2-top) would be speedier than the Specialty Restaurants, no?

And I'm not trying to *zoom* through dinner; I was just hoping that on a regular night, we could be in-and-out in under two hours!

I think 60-90 minutes is a very good estimate. We recently did have 2 hr dinners, but we also had a veeeeeerrrryyy sloooooow waiter(probably the worst we have ever had on our more than 30 Royal cruises (guess the odds caught up to us LOL). There were other tables near us of the same size who were leaving the MDR while we were ordering dessert. :o