AIBP - Australia Question

Woobstr112G

Earlier today I booked a cabin on the April 2019 Sydney - Los Angeles 27 Day cruise. I was just scanning the Beverage Package options on my personalizer and noted the AIBP is not offered. Is the AIBP not offered on Australia based cruises or is it just the fact the cruise only opened up about three hours ago and it just has't been added.

Thanks in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

If it is a Medallion Class cruise then the AIBP isn't being offered. There is some issue with the package on the Medallion cruises and Princess has pulled the plug on the package for now. Hopefully they will get it worked out and reinstated.

The Gifts and Services listing shows this text at the bottom of the AIBP info:

Package is NOT available for purchase within 3 days of sailing. Package is NOT available for voyages 2 nights or fewer. Package is NOT available for purchase on Ocean Medallion™ voyages.

If it is a Medallion Class cruise then the AIBP isn't being offered. There is some issue with the package on the Medallion cruises and Princess has pulled the plug on the package for now. Hopefully they will get it worked out and reinstated.

The Gifts and Services listing shows this text at the bottom of the AIBP info:

Package is NOT available for purchase within 3 days of sailing. Package is NOT available for voyages 2 nights or fewer. Package is NOT available for purchase on Ocean Medallion™ voyages.

Thanks for the reply. Have you seen a schedule of the implementation for the fleet? I did a search but only found a thread that mentioned the first three ships that were getting the change over. If the Golden will have the Medallion class by April 2019, I sure hope they get the bugs out and reinstitute it......:):):)

Bob

Thanks for the reply. Have you seen a schedule of the implementation for the fleet? I did a search but only found a thread that mentioned the first three ships that were getting the change over. If the Golden will have the Medallion class by April 2019, I sure hope they get the bugs out and reinstitute it......:):):)

Bob

Princess has posted the schedule for the first four ships on the ships page on their website: Regal Nov 2017, Royal Jan 2018, Caribbean Mar 2018, and Island May 2018.

Hi Woobstr112G,

I assume your booked cruise is on the Golden Princess? If so, I'm sure that the AIPB will be available. Now, having said that, I know that the Golden will go in for a drydock (in Singapore) March 31 2018. DH and I are booked on the repo cruise from Oz to Singapore prior to this drydock. It's quite possible that Medallion Class might be instituted during this drydock ... but who knows? Any way, shouldn't the Medallion Class make life onboard "easier" for everyone?

Aussie cruises do have the AIBP. My last cruise on the Golden (March 2017) I bought it and it worked very well and was good value IMO ... and no, I'm not a lush ... well not much. ;)