Aft facing balcony

I was able to score an aft facing balcony cabin on Brilliance. I had this on Jewel and thought it was amazing. Yet it is my experience that it is less expensive than other balcony cabins of the same class. Is there some reason for that or is it just part of the vagaries of cabin pricing?

Distance from elevators. The perception that ship moves more (that one cracks me up). Obduction by superstructure. Soot (have heard reports of this being an issue on some ships). Any or all of which make those cabins less appealing for some.

Don't go spreading the word, everyone will want one!! Ha Ha

We had an aft balcony on a back to back on Liberty last year, loved it. Had a little soot one day, not a big issue. You do get a little more exercise walking back and forth to the elevators, but over all loved the view and the ride!!

I'll bet it's the walk to elevators! That makes sense. I hope there is no soot. I know there is no obstruction at least for this cabin. There wasn't any soot or obstruction on Jewel. There's no worries about what you can or cannot see when in port or approaching port or at sea because your view encompasses both sides of the ship.

The superstructure obstruction is on Voyager class and Freedom class ships. The aft cabins on Radiance class ships are beautiful. We have JS 1100 booked for Alaska for next May.

Lucky you...We've had the JS # 1100 on Radiance Alaska and on the Jewel Northern Europe Baltics.

We managed to get aft corner balcony 8096 on rhapsody for next June out of Venice. I read a lot about how much people liked them so this is our first aft cabin. Hoping for a good experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Distance from elevators. The perception that ship moves more (that one cracks me up). Obduction by superstructure. Soot (have heard reports of this being an issue on some ships). Any or all of which make those cabins less appealing for some.

Actually it's not just a perception. There is more movement at the front and back of a ship than in the center, just as there is more movement higher up than lower down.

<p>Aft balconies on Brilliance are rubbish. Absolutely no one should book them. They are the worst balconies ever. No view. No wow factor. Not stunning at all. No sunsets. Nothing. I am prepared to take one if there happens to be one available but I would not recommend an aft balcony to anyone. Ever.</p>

<p>Aft balconies on Brilliance are rubbish. Absolutely no one should book them. They are the worst balconies ever. No view. No wow factor. Not stunning at all. No sunsets. Nothing. I am prepared to take one if there happens to be one available but I would not recommend an aft balcony to anyone. Ever.</p>

:'):'):')

Wrong. No superstructure on Radiance class and over 200 nites in Aft cabins on this class had salt spray at times but no Soot. Then also not a perception, the ship goes up/down more Aft cabins then a lower central location...

We managed to get aft corner balcony 8096 on rhapsody for next June out of Venice. I read a lot about how much people liked them so this is our first aft cabin. Hoping for a good experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just left the Rhapsody yesterday and were in 8096. Great balcony and nice size cabin. Had two loungers with pads, a table and three chairs. I can tell you though, that you will not need an alarm clock when you are pulling early into a port. HUGE vibration when the thrusters are going.

Wrong. No superstructure on Radiance class and over 200 nites in Aft cabins on this class had salt spray at times but no Soot. Then also not a perception, the ship goes up/down more Aft cabins then a lower central location...

I didn't name a ship, or a class. I was making a general statement as to why someone might not desire aft balconies.

You should also look up the word "perception".

I had one on the Navigator when it came out of dry dock. Went out on the balcony. It was misting rain. I got covered in soot. I thought there was a fire on the ship. They actually gave me a discount on my next cruise. I loved the balcony until I ruined my clothes! I never tried to get one again.

Oh no, I'm booked in an aft cabin on Navigator this July deck 9....was looking forward to my early morning relaxing on balcony watching sunrise or evening sunsets til I read about SOOT???

Happens very rarely.