Ultimate Caribbean Cruise on the Reflection,What time of year is best?

ILoveStThomas

What months are offered? I tried to look on my phone, but the only one that pulled up was November 2017. I know I have seen the cruise in the spring though. Where do you live? We are in Chicago, so anytime we can get away after our winters, it's my favorite time to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing on Reflection on a 10 night cruise at the end of January...right after she comes out of drydock. The Concierge Class and Aqua Class rooms are sold out for now...last I looked, suites were selling for $6500 pp...outrageous! I like sailing in January because we get to escape the nasty Chicago winters too.

Thinking about booking this cruise while we are on our Equinox cruise in 2 weeks.Can,t decide what time of year is best.Don,t want to go when it's the hottest! Help please!!!

We like April a lot. March is mild, and last month, it was downright cold and stormy. That said, our next cruise will be in OCt. Not only will it be hot, but it is hurricane season. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did the Ultimate Caribbean on the Equinox leaving Dec 9th back in 2013 and it rained most of the cruise :( It rained in Grand Cayman, Colon Panama, Belize City, and Costa Rica. It did not rain in Cartagena or Cozumel. The locals said it had been raining non-stop. Many, many excursions were canceled due to river flooding causing streets to flood and the trees were "heavy" from the rain so no zip lining anywhere. We had to re-book several excursions while on board.

With that being said, this was our honeymoon and we still had a fantastic time! Just be prepared with rain jackets and possibility of excursions getting canceled. One more note- we usually book outside tour companies, however we were happy we used Celebrity for Belize City because of the street flooding we had to reroute our tour and we were an hour late arriving back to port and the ship waited for us. We are looking at another December cruise because work-wise that is a good time for us to cruise.

Also wanting to escape the cold Chicago winters (and what's with all the rainstorms the last few days?), we also like to cruise in February or March. We did Equinox in February a couple of years ago...and Reflection at the beginning of March more recently. Both were great!

Isn't this the worst start of May ever here in Chicago? We have a Cuba cruise planned with Viking day after Thanksgiving, I'm hoping we'll still get nice weather in Cozumel, key west and Belize. We went on a Western Caribbean cruise two or three years ago, in The first week of January, and the weather was horrible. Temperature barely got over 72°! Rained almost every day. However, this was the year that it was -22° at the same time in Chicago. Still made a terrible time in the Caribbean, barely felt like getting off the ship, yet it was too chilly or rainy to swim. Unfortunately, we were on NCL, so no solarium. Even though I'm really excited about our cruise in November, I still prefer going in the spring. It seems like between November and December there's just way too much to do with the holidays, and that empty four months between January and Easter of snow and rain just beg for an escape to warmer climates!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As horrible as the last few days have been, at least it's not SNOW!!! There's a "glass half full" thought for the day.

We were delayed several hours arriving in San Juan in early March due to storms. We were disappointed that we lost the time, but still happy to be on a beautiful ship meeting new people. First time we've had any type of weather "challenge." So it seems regardless of when you go, it's all very unpredictable.

We went mid January and had fantastic weather (after we were away from Miami where it had been raining prior to departure). We were told that the cruise before had a little rain in a few ports. You never know what you will get, on any cruise.

We've gone in February and had beautiful weather, but most often we go in early to mid December and had equally great weather and better prices! Whatever you decide, happy sailing! (We watched the Phillies Cubs game last night and see what you mean about the Chicago May weather this year!)

Thinking about booking this cruise while we are on our Equinox cruise in 2 weeks.Can,t decide what time of year is best.Don,t want to go when it's the hottest! Help please!!!

The Reflection is in the Med during the summer, so only in the Carib during cold months. The Equinox is the only one year round in the Caribbean.

We did the 11 day this January/February and were told it is the coolest time of the year and the middle of the dry season. It rained the whole day in Costa Rica (supposedly all day is unusual) and was very hot in Cartegena and Panama. It was a wonderful cruise and itinerary. Great time to leave the cold and we had a lot of fun in each port. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Just did this itinerary in April 2017....it was very windy, very rough seas, rainy every day at some point and mostly cloudy. We were told unusual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

When in April did you go? I plan on going on this trip next April on the 2nd. I wonder if I should change the date.

When in April did you go? I plan on going on this trip next April on the 2nd. I wonder if I should change the date.

We went on the same itinerary in April a couple of years ago and had no problem. Where the weather is concerned, it's pot luck. We crossed the Tasman Sea and it was like a millpond; the following sailing was completely the opposite and they couldn't even see the Sounds. When we went to Alaska a few years ago, it was warmer there than it was back home in the U.K. (not surprising, I know ;p).You could change to a different date and end up with worse weather - it's the luck of the draw - just read all the different replies you've had on this thread alone ;).

I booked this cruise for April 2019. We love aft cabins so we know we need to book early. We booked the Reflection.

It's something to look forward to in the Winter months.