cruise director on eclipse

cocowills

Can anyone tell me who the cruise director on eclipse is this year?

There is a post on here called Who's On Board that may have the info you want. We sailed on Eclipse in December and the CD had recently come on board. He was a gentleman from Wales with a very dry, self deprecating sense of humor. I don't recall his name, but we did enjoy him. We especially liked that he refrained from using the usual CD jokes. I don't know how long their contract is.

John Grantham is the current CD on the Eclipse. I believe he will be onboard until at least June.

Great guy, very funny, amazing stories from his years as a stunt man in Hollywood.

Just a personal observation. We have often wondered why folks care about the CD? To us, what is important is the Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Dining Room Manager and Hotel Manger. Forty years of cruising and we can only remember 2 CDs (because they were friends). If my ship has a lousy CD...we would likely not even notice. But a bad Chef or Hotel Manager.....would really be noticed. On Celebrity, what does a CD do that impacts us? Not much. The entertainers are assigned to the ship at Corporate. Most of the activities are the same on each ship (corporate dictates a lot of activity policy) and we are not participants in things like ping pong tournies, hairy chest contests, etc :).

Hank

Just a personal observation. We have often wondered why folks care about the CD? To us, what is important is the Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Dining Room Manager and Hotel Manger. Forty years of cruising and we can only remember 2 CDs (because they were friends). If my ship has a lousy CD...we would likely not even notice. But a bad Chef or Hotel Manager.....would really be noticed. On Celebrity, what does a CD do that impacts us? Not much. The entertainers are assigned to the ship at Corporate. Most of the activities are the same on each ship (corporate dictates a lot of activity policy) and we are not participants in things like ping pong tournies, hairy chest contests, etc :).

Hank

I used to think that, also.

However, last year the young man who was supposed to have been our CD had an emergency at home and we had a substitute.

Yes, all of the entertainers were on board but the scheduling was AWFUL!! :eek: (Ex: the guitarist in Cellarmasters at the same time as the Rock Band in the foyer . Couldn't hear the guitarist at all .

Then the hour after that no one anywhere!

That happened over and over.)

I would have thought the sub would just copy the regular schedule from the cruise before ours but that didn't happen (people were on B2Bs and said there was a HUGE difference).

The ship pretty much shut down at 10.

It was almost our last Celebrity cruise but we decided to hope it was a one-off and so far that's true. But I learned a lesson about the difference the CD can make on the cruise experience.

Only reason ive asked is, we had Sue on our last Eclipse cruise and she was brill:eek:

We've sailed with her also and yes she is!!! :D

When she is the CD there is non stop music and entertainment all over the ship from early to late!

We just got off the Eclipse after a 13 night TA from Miami to Southampton, via Nassau, Bermuda & Lisbon.

John Grantham (see post #3 above) was indeed CD for the Cruise & is simply excellent in every way. He has a prominent personality, is professional in approach, hard working and shows genuine interest in trying to maximise enjoyment for all concerned.

Some other cruises we have travelled on, have had CD's who have been virtually anonymous, so let's hope you get JG or someone similarly talented & enthusiastic !

We have experienced John Grantham twice on the Century and he is excellent. Who ever is on the 2 Night Modern Luxury cruise is two weeks time will love him. If you do a long cruise he does an amazing 70's night :)

I agree that John has a dynamic personality, an encyleopedic knowledge of music trivia, and is a great musician. I am hoping that he will be our CD on the June 4 Eclipse from Southampton, but someone said they contacted Celebrity and they wereiven a different CD's name.

Please tell me it's not so!

We have never really cared who the CD was either, then in January we were on the Silhouette, and got to experience Sarah as the CD. She was amazing! Sometimes the CD's come off as so fake, but she was totally sincere, and really wanted to meet as many passengers and she could, and knew them by first name. She was in the terminal at debarkation greeting every passenger as they exited the ship and wishing them a safe journey home. We have never seen that before!

We sailed on the Eclipse in January 2017. We really enjoyed cruise director Eddy Jenkins, a fellow from Wales. We liked his sense of humor and his lectures on art and history - very bright guy.

Eddy Jenkins was CD on Eclipse in March. The crew write-up onboard said he became a recent multi millionaire having recently sold his shares in Snap-Chat but was still honouring his contract with Celebrity. Many people were taken-in but it was one of his jokes!!!!!!

We have never really cared who the CD was either, then in January we were on the Silhouette, and got to experience Sarah as the CD. She was amazing! Sometimes the CD's come off as so fake, but she was totally sincere, and really wanted to meet as many passengers and she could, and knew them by first name. She was in the terminal at debarkation greeting every passenger as they exited the ship and wishing them a safe journey home. We have never seen that before!

Sara is absolutely the best!

We've known her for about 5 years and yes, all that warmth is totally genuine! :D

Hank

An OK or BAD cruise director won't make or break your cruise, but a GREAT C.D. can really make a cruise special and memorable. Our BEST cruises that we still talk about 8 years later, were with the best C.D.'s.

There is a post on here called Who's On Board that may have the info you want. We sailed on Eclipse in December and the CD had recently come on board. He was a gentleman from Wales with a very dry, self deprecating sense of humor. I don't recall his name, but we did enjoy him. We especially liked that he refrained from using the usual CD jokes. I don't know how long their contract is.

Could that have been Eddy Jenkins? If so we've sailed with him and liked him but I'm not sure his British humour would appeal to everyone. He's our CD next month on Eclipse again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eddy Jenkins was CD on Eclipse in March. The crew write-up onboard said he became a recent multi millionaire having recently sold his shares in Snap-Chat but was still honouring his contract with Celebrity. Many people were taken-in but it was one of his jokes!!!!!!

On our Eclipse cruise last year, Eddy's write up in the Officers sheet said he was the athlete that the movie Blind Side was based on. And that he visited Sandra Bullock annually. If you'd seen the movie or knew the story then obviously that was a joke!

Could that have been Eddy Jenkins? If so we've sailed with him and liked him but I'm not sure his British humour would appeal to everyone. He's our CD next month on Eclipse again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it was Eddie Jenkins, thanks for the reminder of his name. While the CD doesn't make or break our cruise, a good one is refreshing. We found him the best we've had. I can't tell one thing about any of the other CDs with whom we've sailed. The combination of Eddie Jenkins as CD and captain Leo was hilarious in Liars Club on Eclipse in December. Best show of the cruise!