EZ Air Flight Issue Anyone else have this problem

vickie_bernie

here are the details

We are on back to back cruises out of FLL

We booked ez air on first cruise - can only book one way as return spot knows we are staying on

We are flying Vancouver to FLL one way and reserved seats with United, received Conf. #

We then went to last leg and booked the one way home FLL to Vancouver with Detla and received Conf#

On the weekend I went to look at flight to FLL and it showed the current booking but when I went to cancel or modify to see about upgrading to Business it says can't locate booking and to call them. Also if I go to United's site and put in record locator is comes up nothing is there.

So I call Monday and they don't know why, Princess is still showing the booking but United dropped. They reinstated it no problem.

Today I call (Wed) as again the booking is there on PRincess' site but when I go to look or modify it says it can't locate and to call them.

So I call and the women checks with the air dept and again they don't know why and they reinstate it.

I then go to United's site and start plugging in my info, passport, known traveller #. Then is see at the top it says - this is a pending ticket contact Travel agent for payment. Thant ticket will expire at the end of day today.

My return flight is not having this issue. Nor are my European flights in Sept. Just the one way to the US.

Anyone else have this issue, any suggestions?

I have heard others show up at the airport for flight after Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver and no ticket is there for them. Don't want this to happen to us.

HELP

My current EZ Air flights on the United website expire every day and are renewed every day.

Or the date just renews every day.

Been doing that for 3 months.

They have not disappeared yet.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Is the ticket already paid for? I just booked with EZair for the first time for a South America cruise in February. This makes me even more nervous about EZair.

No just booked a few weeks ago, final payment is 45 day prior to trip. And this is the only one that keeps doing it. The only thing different about this particular leg is we are flying Vancouver to fort lauerdale

My current EZ Air flights on the United website expire every day and are renewed every day.

Been doing that for 3 months.

They have not disappeared yet.

Will check again tomorrow. My other two bookings for EZ air do not show - pending just this one flight.

thanks for your comments

I have flights for Alaska Air with princess ez-no Air. Princess has a confirmation number but Alaska has no record. I am in same boat as you. Is the tickets there or are they not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

booked nine family members 4 minin suites with ez air all confirmed all show air is good but one daughter in soninlaws now shows no t confirmed on princess site but confirmed on delta site what gives

While you have a conformation # from princess it does not transfer to the airline until after final payment. From what I found out (I tried to upgrade yesterday) until princess releases the 'bulk' reservations the airlines have no control over it and will not touch it. My only options to upgrade were to 1. pay in full before final payment or 2. wait until after final payment. Either one would release the tickets to the airline. BTW Princess said they can not upgrade.

I have flights for Alaska Air with princess ez-no Air. Princess has a confirmation number but Alaska has no record. I am in same boat as you. Is the tickets there or are they not?

sounds exactly like what we have.

My agent just called me and they were able to confirm the flight and the changes I wanted. So have new booking and now flying a different carrier. So have new flights confirmed and even got a air confirmation from Princess. Which I have never received before.

We will see if the new one is there tomorrow.

sounds exactly like what we have.

My agent just called me and they were able to confirm the flight and the changes I wanted. So have new booking and now flying a different carrier. So have new flights confirmed and even got a air confirmation from Princess. Which I have never received before.

We will see if the new one is there tomorrow.

If you use a TA that should have been forwarded to you by them. Or directly from Princess.

If you use a TA that should have been forwarded to you by them. Or directly from Princess.

I do use an agent but have not gotten this form the return flight for this trip. Nor have I gotten one for the trip in Sept. Same agency. I will ask my agent.

Edited by vickie_bernie

Princess doesn't pay the airline until 45 days before flight.

On one of my EZair flights I filled out a Princess form authorizing them to pay the airfare earlier. I had already paid for the cruise and air so Princess had my money for this. I felt better doing this.

Just in from travel agent! Princess says they dropped ball and did not book flights. So now what? Waiting on TA to get back to me. I will be looking to sue. THEY DID NOT BOOK FLIGHTS.

No just booked a few weeks ago, final payment is 45 day prior to trip. And this is the only one that keeps doing it. The only thing different about this particular leg is we are flying Vancouver to fort lauerdale

Will check again tomorrow. My other two bookings for EZ air do not show - pending just this one flight.

thanks for your comments

I didn't have this problem at all but I paid for my bus. class tickets far in advance so I could then pay for seat selections. I wonder if it would help you to pay it now?

I didn't have this problem at all but I paid for my bus. class tickets far in advance so I could then pay for seat selections. I wonder if it would help you to pay it now?

perhaps but for me that defeats the purpose of booking with ez air as it is nice not to have to pay now. the price is relatively the same if I book directly. So will wait and see tomorrow if it is gone or not. Just wish it was easier and worry free.

We tried EZ Air once and were unable to reserve seats. We could not learn what seats we had until we got to the airport and checked in. We don't like worrying about details, making connections, or some middleman screwing up so now we make our own air reservations online on the airline's web site. It is easy to do and we get exactly what we want. We don't ask our travel agent to do it for us as the airlines do not pay commissions to travel agents.

We tried EZ Air once and were unable to reserve seats. We could not learn what seats we had until we got to the airport and checked in. We don't like worrying about details, making connections, or some middleman screwing up so now we make our own air reservations online on the airline's web site. It is easy to do and we get exactly what we want. We don't ask our travel agent to do it for us as the airlines do not pay commissions to travel agents.

I'm having the same issues with my upcoming(30 days) flight to Europe. We can't choose seats on the international leg. I'll never use them again.

On some airlines going to Europe , you can't select seats. Example, Flying British Air but it is also an American Airlines flight number.

We found couldn't select seats if we were to book the flight as AA flight (EZair), but booking it as a British Air, we got our seat selection.

The plane is actually a British Air plane.

We "booked" round trip to South America for next February on EZair. First time we have used them but their business class price was much better than going through the airlines. We have Delta going down and AA coming back. This is Flex Air, final payment not due until 45 days out. Princess had me "select" my seats. I was given "locator" numbers for both airlines. I then went on the airline sites and found my reservations with the seat numbers. BUT it said "flights and seats are not confirmed until final payment". I plan to monitor other available flights and prices every so often and probably pay for the whole thing 3 months out. Hopefully, it will all work out. I do not usually "believe" what an agent tells me, unless I follow up myself.

So what do you do when princess used all their stacks and because they never bought/ reserved a set for any flights I am outta luck

When is your cruise?

Sounds like the confirmation number you have is the Princess Air Booking Number versus the airline confirmation number.

I am a bit puzzled about what happened because when I book using EZAir and print off the information, I have both the Princess and the airline booking numbers. To me, it appears seamless with everything happening automatically.

So I'm surprised to read that Princess didn't book your air.

Can't it be booked now?